prototype AT-AT

Reaction score
I saw on www.starwarsactionfleet.com a strange looking prototype AT-AT. It loks like the small alpha AT-AT but it has place for figures inside. What is this thing and we'll see it on our collections someday?

Reaction score
jim fong (aka jkf) posted this picture of his original idea for the at-at series alpha concept.

jkf was the galoob lead designer and department head for the micro machines/ action fleet line.

he was responsible for all the toys produced by galoob back in the hey day of the product.

jkf was let go, along with the rest of galoobs san francisco office (the home of micro machines) after hasbro gobbled up the company.

jkf recently started up his own web site where he posted some of his design concept photo's one of which was his original idea for the series alpha at-at.

unfortunately we will never see this vehicle brought to market.

his original idea for the series alpha line was that the alpha ships would be the full sized model, and the actual ships would be the small ones. this was not the case for the original series alhpa's, but as we all know, this idea did indeed come to fruition with the episode I alpha series. (the one bright spot in a disapointing action fleet line)

i only hope that hasbro decides to release more of the series alphas using the alpha ships as the large action fleet sized vehicles.

[ 10-21-2002, 07:52 AM: Message edited by: good shot jansen ]

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I would like to see those great looking Alpha items in full size.

Reaction score
sergiu, in the News and Update section of this website is a list of 9 new AF's that will be released next year. And most are ships from AOTC! The list is rumored but there's a fair amount of detail that leads me to think there's some credibility here.

toyguy

Reaction score
Saw that now, thanks Toyguy! can't wait to see more AF