Protective Sleeves for Artwork

Reaction score
Look at the Matt Busch prints, as well as the "Raider"...those are all 24x36 and fit. Yes, it is a snug fit and I had to assist more than one into the sleeve. Just be careful, and you will be fine. The prints are covered but do reach the very top edge.

Reaction score
BlueSnaggletooth said:
DarthBeek said:
coupon code:

10% off $59, 15% off and Free Shipping on $99, or 20% off Free Shipping and Free World of Art DVD with $199+ order through 9/10/10
Just tried to grab one but then I noticed the coupon code expired yesterday. Gonna hold out until they post a new code.

-Snags
Snags, ASW is running the same deal. Just use code BEACHFUN. 15% off with free shipping and the prices are the same.

http://www.aswexpress.com/art-supply/catalogs/0075149000000

Reaction score
That code isn't working for me.

Edit:
Nevermind. I found one that expires today for ASW. BEACHFUN

Reaction score
Question to those who have a picturesque 24x36 ...
would it be possible to back the prints with a thin passepartout or is the sleeve very narrow just allowing to fit 2 prints ?

Reaction score
Medusa said:
Question to those who have a picturesque 24x36 ...
would it be possible to back the prints with a thin passepartout or is the sleeve very narrow just allowing to fit 2 prints ?
Pretty tight in there, I don't think it is possible to slide anything other than prints inside.

Reaction score
My Case is on it's way. There's now a sale that gives you only 10% off with Free shipping at JA's. I was messing with the idea of buying a 18x24 case as well and when I went to add extra page packs they will only sell you (2) 5 packs or more at a time. Thought that was weird. I talked to CS and they said the smaller pages wont fit in the 24x36 case. Not sure I believe it, because the guy said yes they would, and then changed his mind. I have prints that range from big to small but not a lot of each so it doesn't make sense to buy a whole case for 1 or 2 prints.

Reaction score
DarthBeek said:
Long have I been tired of the multiple tubes residing in my closet..... so upon reading about the Picturesque (that I didn't know existed), I placed an order immediately!

Being able to place my 24x36 prints into a portfolio like the Itoya rules.

Please ignore the "curling" on a few of these - they've been stored rolled for awhile.

What is that blue ESB Yoda print? Thanks for all the tips!

Reaction score
Great thread. I had read about DickBlick.com back before CIV and picked up a trusty IceTube and now because of you guys I looked them up again. I got the 18x24" Itoya, Blick Art's largest 24x36" economy portfolio (it's nowhere near as good as the Picturesque, but it was 1/6 the price), and a selection of the archival sleeves and finally finished loading them today.

It's so nice to thumb through the better part of my collection now.

Reaction score
The blue ESB print reminds me of Eric Tan.

Sabacc: Which 24x36 did you buy. I searched the whole site but did not see any portfolios that size which had sleeves.

Edit: It is Tom Whalen. This site actually states that it is similar to Eric Tan. Go figure.

Reaction score
Not quite a "protective sleeve" issue, but does anyone have suggestions for framing 2.5 x 3.5 cards? I have several sets of 4 cards (sketch cards, autographed Galaxies cards, etc.) that go well together, so I've been looking (unsuccessfully) for an off-the-shelf frame that could fit four 2.5 x 3.5 cards. Thanks!

Reaction score
I got one. I couldn't pass that up.

Thanks Tim!

Also got free shipping and the extra 5 page sets for under 32$ each but i think that discount ends today.

Reaction score
Huge thanks Tim!
Thats a screamin' deal that I couldn't pass up. Finally I can get all my favorites out of tubes and show them off properly. I got the case, 3 refill packs, and free shipping, for 183!
Also, huge thanks to DarthBeek for posting the info on the cases, those photos really helped me make up my mind.

Now, if only there were something like that for movie poster one-sheet size!

Reaction score
Richie_Photo said:
Also, huge thanks to DarthBeek for posting the info on the cases, those photos really helped me make up my mind.
ditto.
Awesome pic that helped me decide too. Thanks man!

Reaction score
Thank you for posting that! I couldn't pass it up either. Great deal and now with a little dude running around the house I feel so much better about storing my prints.

Reaction score
When I placed my order it automatically used the ARTCAVE code on the additional packs of inserts. What an easy checkout.

Reaction score
DarthBeek said:
Sheesh - friggin' figures......$88, sigh.
I must agree~!! I just bought one about 2 weeks ago!! $40 bucks off would have been nice. Oh well, life goes on. But that is a nice price. Wish the added pages were on sale. I would buy them up for sure. May look into using that Artcave coupon. Thanks for that.

Reaction score
You fellas are going to love it.

I had tons of extra "sleeve" space, so I emptied my ITOYA portfolio and moved them over to the PICTURESQUE.

Giving the ITOYA away.

Reaction score
Got mine today, its huge! I have to go thorough old and new tubes and get everything more flat before filling, I have 20 pages-40 pieces to store! Can't wait. It was very easy to get the sleeves into the binder rings, and it folds nice and flat. Seems really great. I'll post photos once its together.

Reaction score
I had my prints laying flat, pinned under several of my wife's monster medical books, for a good 2 weeks prior to placing in the Picturesque.

Helped, but damn those Dorman's were still stubborn.

Reaction score
It didn't look to big in the box but once you take it out, man is that thing HUGE! And it's beautiful.

Palmer was my first piece to go in there. I'll add more this weekend.

Reaction score
Thanks for introducing me to the PICTURESQUE.
When the sale on the larger one was posted i jumped on it. I have been looking for something like this for quite some time, and its great for my art collection to finally see the light of day.
One question,though. I have a few prints that seem to be rather snug in the sleeves. On a few pieces I can't seem to get the print all the way down. or have a hard time getting it completely in the sleeve.
Has anyone else had any issues like this, and how did you get the print in the sleeve with out damage?

Thanks

Joe

Reaction score
I picked up a 24 x 36 Picturesque myself before Thanksgiving. I got Jerry's holiday sale price and an extra 10% off with a coupon plus free shipping. Good deal.

I specifically picked it up for a bunch of 24 x 36 pieces I've had in tubes... so I could finally display/view them. I like the book quite a bit. Looks sharp and is robust and made well.

However, I do have one complaint. I think the pages are a bit too tight a fit for 24 x 36 pieces, and I wish they had a little more thickness to them. My prints all fit fine in terms of width, but I REALLY had to be careful and precise to get them in. I actually needed help from my wife.

But the manufacturer should really make the pages another 1/2 inch to an inch longer. My prints, fully loaded, come right to the end of the protective sheet. I'd really, really like a buffer there. It'll be fine as long as the pages are turned with care and handled appropriately.

Anyone else who owns one have similar feeling?

Reaction score
definately agree they could be a little bigger. It kind of defeats the purpose if you are almost damaging them trying to squeeze them in!

Reaction score
I have the same proeblem with a few prints I have in an Itoya profolio. I really hate that the ends are right at the end of the protective sheet though. My Cat Staggs and Chris Trevas prints are like that and bugs me.

Reaction score
Cool. Glad I'm no the only one who's having this issue. Seems to me the manufacturer(s) really dropped the ball here. If you're making a sheet for a 24 x 36 item, you'd think someone at the manufacturer(s) would have tested it out and said, "We need to make this a little longer than 36" so the sleeve actually protects the entire piece comfortably!"

I may write a letter/email! Ha!

Reaction score
Well I just put in some thin backing cardboard that is bigger than the sleeve to have extra protection. I also bought myself a big art passepartout and drilled holes inside to be used as page to have a extra strong protection on the back and top of the print sleeves.

And besides any comments earlier I had the feeling the prints slipped easier inside with paper in between than if I would have tried to put it in with the plastic from both sides ( that sticked together all the time ).

Also another thing that you might want to consider ... I used WHITE acid free backing. The BLACK papers inside ( even though told to be acid free ) usually are NOT acid free 100% as the black color comes from soot ( carbon black ) and therefore they are almost acid free but never 100%.

Reaction score
I've only recently started getting prints as part of my Millennium Falcon collection focus so i have quite a few tubes about the place. I was considering getting one of the large art portfolio cases to house my prints etc.

Long term, are they any good or would i be better off keeping them in the tubes?

Reaction score
Long term - GET THEM OUT OF THE TUBES ...
Paper has memory ... keeping them rolled for a long time is never a good idea for an art print.
As for canvas ... they start to stick together so better frame them.

Reaction score