Protective Sleeves for Artwork

Coz

Reaction score
Probably Blick Beek. There is one near me. They have a ton of portfolios and such. Thats where I bought the big art envelopes. They will hold the larger sizes. But they are 20 bucks for one envelope that holds two prints. Just a clear acid free big pocket. Like one page of the itoya, but much thicker, and with a top that folds over. I have my big prints in those. I taped them to a large piece of cardboard, so i can store them upright. Not good really for leafing through but allows me store them flat. Looking back, I would not spend the money again. I would leave them in tubes.

Reaction score
Ahhh, thanks Coz......

Guess I should relax, they've been in tubes for years, I should stop fretting over it. lol

Reaction score
You could get posters etc blockmounted.
My artwork is laminated onto board and is UV proof, nice way to display and repair torn prints/old posters etc

Reaction score
JGordon24 said:
Nice, Brandon! I might have to get one of those.
deathstar1000 said:
Great pics DB!

I must get one!!!

Thanks fellas! Very pleased with it........

About to pull the trigger on one of the "landscape" ones for my McQuarrie portfolio prints.

Coz

Reaction score
nice DB. where do you keep it? I have mine on top of a bin under my futon frame right now.

Reaction score
Coz said:
nice DB. where do you keep it?
Standing upright in a spare closet - behind two other tubs filled with tubes of poster/prints too big for the Itoya.

Reaction score
Very nice DB. It would make a better coffee table book than as another piece of clutter in the closet. Come out of the closet DB and share with those would visit your home!

Reaction score
SITHSPAWN said:
Wow, I didn't realize the Cat Staggs prints would fit! I'm ordering out right after this post.
Ahhh, had you read this post ......

Coz said:
DarthBeek said:
Waiting on a CJ print to arrive, as well as a ROTJ McQuarrie portfolio - then I'll be ordering a couple of the item mentioned above.

Coz - do the Staggs prints fit?
Yes they do. Got both of mine out of storage today and put them in the portfolio.

Reaction score
CaptainAlex said:
Very nice DB. It would make a better coffee table book than as another piece of clutter in the closet. Come out of the closet DB and share with those would visit your home!
LOL!

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
andro1d said:
These are amazing, i would have em up on my wall tho!
While I'd love to have all my prints on the wall, this is ideal for someone like myself that doesn't have any wall space at all. Perhaps one day!

Reaction score
andro1d said:
These are amazing, i would have em up on my wall tho!
Much like JGordon ~ I have very little wall space to spare.
My C3 Vanderstelt and Hildebrandt litho get the honor of gracing my two open spaces......Hoping to be in a house in a couple years w/ fully finished basement and LOTS of wall space for my goodies.

Reaction score
D'oh! I posted this on the wrong thread, but I got my Itoya today and I absolutely LOVE IT!!!

Reaction score
I'm in the UK and found an A3 'Masters Classic Presentation Folder' for taking prints/photos to events in, and also for storage. It's great, zips up all around, and came with 10 very strong clear pockets, which can each hold photos up to 11 1/2" x 16 1/2" with ease.

Google: 'Masters Classic Presentation Folder' - prices are all over the show so shop around.

They do a larger (A2) and smaller (A4) size as well.

Reaction score
Long have I been tired of the multiple tubes residing in my closet..... so upon reading about the Picturesque (that I didn't know existed), I placed an order immediately!

Being able to place my 24x36 prints into a portfolio like the Itoya rules.

Please ignore the "curling" on a few of these - they've been stored rolled for awhile.

Reaction score
Sweet prints Beek...I ordered mine Itoya portfolio two weeks ago, and it should be here this coming tuesday...I can't wait to put my prints in there...I hate those tubes...

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
That looks great, Brandon! Thinking about all the tubes I have sitting around, this would be a very smart move for me to purchase one of these. How much did you get that one for?

Reaction score
Chris Wyman said:
That looks great, Brandon! Thinking about all the tubes I have sitting around, this would be a very smart move for me to purchase one of these. How much did you get that one for?
Thanks Chris!

I had a 15% coupon I used online plus free shipping - got the Picturesque (comes with five mylar insert sheets for 10 prints stored) plus TWO additional five packs (20 prints stored) for a hair under $167 shipped.

Very nice quality overall, with a shoulder strap, handle, etc.

Reaction score
coupon code:

10% off $59, 15% off and Free Shipping on $99, or 20% off Free Shipping and Free World of Art DVD with $199+ order through 9/10/10

Reaction score
DarthBeek said:
coupon code:

10% off $59, 15% off and Free Shipping on $99, or 20% off Free Shipping and Free World of Art DVD with $199+ order through 9/10/10
Just tried to grab one but then I noticed the coupon code expired yesterday. Gonna hold out until they post a new code.

-Snags

Reaction score
BlueSnaggletooth said:
DarthBeek said:
coupon code:

Just tried to grab one but then I noticed the coupon code expired yesterday. Gonna hold out until they post a new code.

-Snags
Seems like every other week a code goes up Snags.

I'll post here and pm you if I see the next one.

Reaction score
That does look great. I definitely need to get one, as my print collection is starting to get to where one is warranted and I'd prefer to not have any reside in a tube any longer than need be.

So how well do the 24x36 prints fit in there? Is it a real snug fit or is there a little bit of wiggle room in there to where they can go in and out without risk of damaging an edge of a print or poster? Does any part of the print stick out from the page or does it all fit within the protective sheet?