Prop Replica Review Videos

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So when I first got into collecting Star Wars replicas I couldn't find too many videos with closeup shots and I always wished there was. Well I decided to make a few videos to get close to some of the life-size replicas going back to Master Replicas, EFX, Anovos, Sideshow and now Propshop. (I may also talk about the R2 and HIC in the background) I figured I would make a thread so they can all be in one place. Now keep in mind that my goal is NOT to educate people on them because I'm no expert, but just mainly to provide a closer look at them. So forgive me if I say something that may be incorrect or if I miss something important. I would love to get feedback on how to make these videos better or if there are any requests (you can see most of my collection in the link in my signature). Thanks guys!!

Gabe

Last edited:
Reaction score
Awesome videos! Props and punk rock! I was hoping you would start something like this.

Reaction score
Here my new unboxing video of the Anovos- The Force Awakens 501st Exclusive Fiberglass Helmet. This helmet is fiberglass and pretty much identical to the premier edition. The only difference from what I can tell is the updated premier helmet has aluminum grill and ventilator. Hope you enjoy.

https://youtu.be/_x0uUj9Qn9o

Reaction score
Great looking helmet Gabe. And great review. I'm looking forward to getting my Premier ST and Kylo helmets from Anovos.

Reaction score
Thanks! I got that Kylo helmet on preorder as well, so if this stormtrooper helmet is any indication of the quality, expect to be very happy!

Reaction score
Well done. Thanks for the review Gabe. Looking forward to receiving mine. Any idea when they are supposed to start shipping?

Reaction score
Thank You for the video very informative! Maybe you could help me do my Melted Vader when it arrives.

Reaction score
Nice review! Just a couple things about the sabers themselves: Graflex 3 cell flash was used only for Luke's saber, for the Vader ANH they used MPP Microflash. There are no rubber t-strips on any SW OT sabers, but plastic ones, most likely from vintage cupboards with sliding doors. You can get Graflex flash guns on ebay but now they are crazy expensive, MPP's even more rare and expensive.

Reaction score
Nice review! Just a couple things about the sabers themselves: Graflex 3 cell flash was used only for Luke's saber, for the Vader ANH they used MPP Microflash. There are no rubber t-strips on any SW OT sabers, but plastic ones, most likely from vintage cupboards with sliding doors. You can get Graflex flash guns on ebay but now they are crazy expensive, MPP's even more rare and expensive.

Thank you for clarifying that! Do you mind if I use your comment in the video description?

Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to making this videos...
Are you planning to do a video on MR Luke blaster replica?
I have the ESB Han Solo blaster..
Just wanted to see what the difference is besides the weathering..
Looking to purchasing one...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to making this videos...
Are you planning to do a video on MR Luke blaster replica?
I have the ESB Han Solo blaster..
Just wanted to see what the difference is besides the weathering..
Looking to purchasing one...

I that's one MR OT replica I don't own, along with the rebel blaster. So I won't be doing a video of the Luke blaster unless I find a good deal on one somewhere.

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the video Gabe. I'm looking forward to getting mine but I'll probably have to wait until next month as I ordered this from Entertainment Earth.
The helmet looks great. The eye mesh does seem rather thin but I guess that would only be a problem if you were wearing it around (something I'm not planning on doing). It does look like they did a nice job on the weathering. I was comparing it to the prototype shown on the Anovos site and it appears the finish is a little shinier...just an observation.

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the video Gabe. I'm looking forward to getting mine but I'll probably have to wait until next month as I ordered this from Entertainment Earth.
The helmet looks great. The eye mesh does seem rather thin but I guess that would only be a problem if you were wearing it around (something I'm not planning on doing). It does look like they did a nice job on the weathering. I was comparing it to the prototype shown on the Anovos site and it appears the finish is a little shinier...just an observation.

You are right, it is somewhat shinier than the prototype, but it's actually less shiny then the propshop one. I was comparing the Anovos one with the propshop pics from Adam Savage and comparing both to the pics I took at Celebration and it looks like the Anovos is more accurate. Especially in the chrome parts because the propshop was chromed evenly but the real one actually fades to gray/black towards the bottom...just like the Anovos one.

The he Helmet and the saber look so awesome displayed together, you're going to love it!

Reaction score
Nice vid, thanks for incorporating those requests! I'm a bit surprised the eye mesh isn't more dense, maybe Adam driver was wearing sunglasses underneath during filming. 😉

Reaction score
Haha maybe. Either way, im really happy with it. I trust Anovos now after that helmet and the 501st exclusive FO ST.

Reaction score
Thanks for the reviews Gabe and you have a fantastic collection. I'm happy to see Anovos appears to stepping up to the plate and getting product out the door into the hands of collectors.

Reaction score
I have a quick question: is this thread limited to licensed replicas only? I was wondering can someone review some really rare fan made replicas such as Luuke's Dark Woman lightsaber if they happen to have it in their collection? or maybe a 'all real parts' Obi Wan ANH? mtfbwy all