Prop People!

Reaction score
Nothing against action figures, but who all is into props in the vicinity of Houston?

Thinking about a little club, or a meetup...

Reaction score
The biggest props I have are my guitars, basses, and drum sets. I also have a lot of Dallas Cowboy stuff. Do those count?

Seriously, I have most the FX sabers, the new EFx ST helmet, and a Vader hilt, but that's it for me on props.

What kind of thing do you have in mind?

I'm all for getting together with fellow members regardless if you have props or not.

Reaction score
Darth_Bryan said:
The biggest props I have are my guitars, basses, and drum sets. I also have a lot of Dallas Cowboy stuff. Do those count?

Seriously, I have most the FX sabers, the new EFx ST helmet, and a Vader hilt, but that's it for me on props.

I'm all for getting together with fellow members regardless if you have props or not.
bryan... dude... i'm seriously thinking about having some words with you. you're a spurs fan AND a cowboys fan? wtf dude?

yeah. i have 1 fx saber. that's it. i've been thinking about getting into the helmets, and i'd love to lay my hands on a MR stormtrooper blaster, but i'll still stay with just my stormtrooper focus, so that leaves all the lightsaber hilts and stuff like that out.

i'd love to have a houston get together too. hell i want one just so i can beat some houston sports team sense into bryan.

Reaction score
Jorge said:
Darth_Bryan said:

bryan... dude... i'm seriously thinking about having some words with you. you're a spurs fan AND a cowboys fan? wtf dude?

yeah. i have 1 fx saber. that's it. i've been thinking about getting into the helmets, and i'd love to lay my hands on a MR stormtrooper blaster, but i'll still stay with just my stormtrooper focus, so that leaves all the lightsaber hilts and stuff like that out.

i'd love to have a houston get together too. hell i want one just so i can beat some houston sports team sense into bryan.
Sorry about my devotion to a real Texas football
team.
I grew up in North Texas and my folks raised me right.
However, I do follow the Texas and have been to a couple games each year since their 1st season. I do have some Texans gear if that makes it better.

As for the Spurs, David Robinson hooked me in as a Spurs fan and I've been one ever since. I do support the Rockets just not over the Spurs and Mavs.

Reaction score
I started off with an FX stormtrooper armor kit, which necessitated the creation or modification of a lot of accessories. Various blasters, helmet mods, etc. I made a long rifle that is hollow so that I can stash a poster inside that I'm collecting convention signatures on. I'm about to make a set or two of binders for all of the fans I meet that really want their picture taken while being arrested by a 'trooper.

Next was TIE pilot gear. Soon I might do a Baron Fel for a friend.

Then I got a little crazy. I spent two years creating a quartet of Ghostbusters proton packs, with lights. That was followed by the rest of the standard GB uniform, after that was a pair of ectogoggles and two ghost traps. Now I'm putting the finishing touches on a PKE meter with lights and extending arms.

I still haven't gotten around to it, but I always wanted to get some old planks of wood, scar them up a bit, engrave "Orca" into them, then add a coat or two of shellac. Make 'em look like fragments of a boat's nameboard that I found washed up on the beach. Get it? Dum-dum-dum-dum-dum-dum....

Reaction score
oooh tie fighter costume. man i'd love to get that. i'll have to contract you one day

Reaction score
Darth_Bryan said:

You know, thats not a bad idea. A club with just props could get boring really quick! We could be the "H" rebelscum chapter?!?

I'm all for it.