Project: Hot Wheels Starship Visual Guide

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I need your help :eek:. I'm doing this project for you since I don't collect them but I'm going to focus only on Starships excluding the Elite size since there are only 3 that I know so far, I think :unsure:.

Anyway, what I need it's the case breakdown released per wave, that way you will know how many new Starships were released per wave, but I'm going to include all the Starships on all the carded variations, so don't worry about that, but don't count on painted variations because that's another thing that I'm not going to do o_O. I have 2015 and 2016 semi completed but I want to make sure, that way you will have a better and more accurate guide :D.

Does anyone know when and what wave was the Star Destroyer 2015 released?

CGW57 Star Destroyer Carded.jpeg

All I know is that this Starship was available online individually (Single Carded): Wal-Mart, Amazon, eBay and other retailers just to name a few. I have only one confirm review dating October 28, 2015 and the last time that was available September 18, 2018 at least according to the Costumer Q&A at Wal-Mart 🧐:

Hot Wheels Star Wars Star Destroyer Starship

Together we can make this project possible :).

Reaction score
When I got mine, I had to get it through Amazon. NEVER saw it hanging on any pegs, and when I got it was WELL into the next card style. I think it was around the time I was finding ARC-170s at my local Walgreens. So absolutely no clue when the retailer on Amazon got it or what wave... Sorry.

Reaction score
I have that ISD listed as "2015 Wave 2 - July - Amazon exclusive" on my Excel spreadsheet, which I'd be happy to send along, if you need it, Lt. B.

Mine's a simplified list of ships by wave in the order of release, but if you want the Mother(s) of all lists (that cover every packaging variant, wave revision, tool number, master carton contents), check out Jason Strain's (the admin of the "Hot Wheels Star Wars Collectors" FB group) superb lists, they're totally comprehensive.

I'm not sure if it'd be kosher to link directly to his HW Checklist here in the forum, so I'll PM it. If you need his Master Carton list, you'll have to join the group (then go to the "Files" section) or send me your email addy and I'll forward it. Javier Athie's excellent photo Checklists (by HW series) are there, too.

Good luck with your guide. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Does anyone know the released dates? The time frame should be from September 2015 to August 2016:

1. Death Star Play Case
CGN73 Death Star Play Case Boxed.jpg

2. Kohl's Exclusive Death Star Play Case & 4-Pack
DGR01 Death Star Play Case Boxed.jpg

3. Hero & Villain Starships 4-Pack
DRJ24 Hero & Villain Starship 4-Pack Boxed.jpg

Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate all the information that you guys provide.