Professor's Customizations

Reaction score
I have been long interested in customizing. I picked up my first parts long ago but have just recently gotten done with my first projects. I hope to share more soon; I have several nearing completion but Pennsylvania weather has been slowing my progress. I can't spray inside and outdoors has been too cold or rainy. Any way, I will post my custom projects here!

Reaction score
J Jonah Jameson
full

This is the basic arm swap on the Klaue body. I got a Klaue for this sole purpose and used forearms I traded for (on TheFwoosh) from the six-armed Spidy. The modification was pretty easy. I also painted the tie red as I imagined Jameson being a red tie kind of guy.

Recipe:
Head - alternate from Chameleon
Body - MUC Ulysses Klaue
Forearms - Six-armed Spidey

Last edited:
Reaction score
Uncanny X-Force Archangel
full

I have wanted a complete X-Force team for some time. I could not get my hands on the SDCC set originally and could never afford it after so I decided to make my own. I got a vibranium Black Panther on clearance from Walmart, stripped the pink/purple paint, then my wife painted the silver bands. I got an X-men Deadpool belt and cut of the molded X buckle and glued it on. My wife also painted the head, a resin sculpt I purchased on eBay. I had to hit the holes on back and feet with my drill to accommodate the wings and stand. Sprayed the whole thing with a matte finish Krylon sealer. Only need a nightcrawler and I am good to go.

full

Recipe:
Wings - Hit-monkey Archangel
Body - Vibranium Black Panther
Head - sculpt from patts_collectibles_store on eBay
X belt buckle - from X-men Deadpool belt (thanks to kailryu from TheFwoosh)

Reaction score
Great stuff, and I hear ya about the weather keeping you from spraypainting, been cold and rainy here too. I'm always keeping my eye on the forecast so I can make use of good days to tackle painting.

Reaction score
Great J. Jonah! He’s really channeling his hate for Spider-Man! Painting is the hardest custom thing to do well, but you’re off to a superb start!

Reaction score
Ghost Spider
full

After seeing this in the comics I just knew it was a fun alternate Spider-man figure I wanted to see on my shelves. I did all work on this project except the spider logos. I bought my wife a fine-tip paint marker and she did that. The skull was one of the Dormammu skulls though and I removed the flames and painted the skull. I think I got a good bone color then performed my first ever paint wash. I think it is a bit too thick but am generally happy with how it turned out. The flames for the fist come from the vintage Black Panther and I painted with a metallic blue paint. I also did a wash on the torso. I am more unhappy with this than the skull, it is a bit too much.

Recipe:
Skull - Dormammu BaF piece
Body - Cosmic Spider-man
Flames - Vintage Black Panther

full

full

Reaction score
Fantastic Four: Spider-man
full

An easy one. I enjoy alternate costumes and versions of our friendly, neighborhood Spidey. The main work on this one was to strip the white patches off the back of the hands. Once that was done it was just a matter of assembling.

Recipe:
Head - Black suit Spider-man (Kraven's Hunt 2-pack)
Body - Mr. Fantastic (Walgreen's)
Hands - Black suit Spider-man (Kraven's Hunt 2-pack)

Reaction score
Absolutely beautiful! Your wife’s marker work is superb, and both ideas splendid additions to any Spidey shelf!