Princess Leia - Speculation

Reaction score
Regardless though, Luke is Luke. And this is a version no one has yet. He is a "known" character that Stores want, which is why we always see repacks of him. However, I tend to believe that it's more of an LFL issue, of them wanting to Highlight/focus on the new heroes. For all intents and purposes, Luke is a side character in these new movies.

Reaction score
Regardless though, Luke is Luke. And this is a version no one has yet. He is a "known" character that Stores want, which is why we always see repacks of him. However, I tend to believe that it's more of an LFL issue, of them wanting to Highlight/focus on the new heroes. For all intents and purposes, Luke is a side character in these new movies.

I'm not sure I would call Luke a side character in TFA. I mean the opening crawl has his name listed first setting up the mystery, Rey talks about him like he's a myth, Finn knows about him as does Poe, Han mentions him in his the Force is Real speech, Leia talks about him as does Threepio, plus Rey has the force vision with Luke's lightsaber and sees him in the flashback dream sequence with R2.

if anything I think Luke is sorta "The Phantom Menace" type character like Sidious is in TPM.

I agree with you 100% that Hasbro wanted to focus on the new characters like Poe and Finn (not mentioning Rey with the whole short pack debacle) and of course the crazy aliens like Sarco and Zuvio. I understand why they made a Han Solo figure since he has a large part in the movie. I still think the reasons that Hasbro skipped Luke and Leia are due to their ideals of play factor and their beliefs that female action figures do not sell well (which is evident in the short packing of Sabine in the RO Wave 1 case)

Reaction score
Do you remember Obi-Wan from OT? Same thing.^
I do remember Obi Wan from ANH, but unlike Luke in TFA, Obi Wan actually had dialogue, action sequences, and more screen time then Luke in TFA.

I mean Luke had a little over 1 min of screen time in TFA (even Mark Hamill joked about his part in TFA to Kathleen Kennedy).

I'm in the same camp as everyone else that wanted a TFA Luke in action figure form, and I'm not defending Hasbro, Lucasfilm, or Disney for their reasons to not include him. I'm just trying to figure out different reasons and thought process behind the lack of a TFA Luke.

I remember reading on these forums that perhaps Hasbro is waiting till EP VIII comes out which should hopefully have more Luke and thus warrant making an action figure.

Reaction score
Thing is, Hasbro never knows who's going to be popular. The core heroes that the movies focus on, may well be overshadowed by a Boba Fett type of character.
So do they take the chance on that character, or just keep pushing core variants?

Reaction score
If Hasbro still thinks female figures don't sell well, they're collectively foolish to cling to that dated notion. The campaign for Rey and how quickly she sells out is all the evidence I need that core female characters will sell just as well as any male counterpart. Leia was in trailers and part of promotional material - there is no reason she shouldn't have a basic figure, unless Hasbro still has a bias against older female figures. They insulted Jocasta Nu and only begrudgingly released her as an expensive exclusive. There are plenty of male and female collectors that would happily buy a General Leia figure, and as the sole company that provides 3.75 Star Wars action figures for Disney, they should have already caught up to the demand.

Reaction score
Update from the Hasbro Q&A on Google: 3.75″ & 6″ General Leia and “TFA” Luke are coming next year. Who knows why they're waiting until 2017...

JVM

Reaction score
It obviously would've damaged Hasbro's relationship with Lucasfilm if they hadn't been provided official material. We all know that. We still should have a Luke and Leia by now regardless. I am more upset about Leia because that excuse does not apply to her.

Reaction score
Update from the Hasbro Q&A on Google: 3.75″ & 6″ General Leia and “TFA” Luke are coming next year. Who knows why they're waiting until 2017...
I have a feeling the TFA Leia and Luke will be out after May for the 40th anniversary of ANH and quite possibly be the first figures in the return of the Vintage Style Packaging.

Reaction score
*flails arms limply from side to side like a kid throwing a fit* Ugh. Before I'd even seen the movie, before the product was released last year, my three big wants were Han, Luke and Leia. I got Han, Leia...yeah for $13 in an outfit she wore for all of 60 seconds. I hope this Luke is something special for all the time its taking.

Reaction score
They also didn't specify whether they'd be 5 POA or SA according to the report. Personally, 5 POA is fine for Leia, but I'd like Luke in both SA with softgoods, and 5 POA with plastic robes.

Reaction score
It's more than likely 5POA, that what the kids are after.

So I don't even know why I care if TFA Luke gets made, or upset that he hasn't' been released yet...

Reaction score
It's more than likely 5POA, that what the kids are after.

So I don't even know why I care if TFA Luke gets made, or upset that he hasn't' been released yet...
I think Hasbro will give us both versions of TFA Luke (5 POA and SA). I can see them giving us a TFA Luke SA in a Vintage style package and the 5POA version in a set similar to the TFA 4 pack with Maz. I can see them giving us Resistance Base Rey, TFA Luke Skywalker, R2-D2 and maybe a Chewbacca.

Reaction score
Sure really do hope we get a fantastic version of this General Leia in her main TFA outfit for the new Vintage Collection.

Honestly? It's silly, but as somebody who was 7 when Star Wars came out -- I really, really, really got choked up when Han and Leia reunited on screen... I dunno, somehow, it just REALLY hit me when I saw this in the theatre. It kinda left me wrecked. And it happened every damn time, too. Their scenes together in TFA were brief -- but perfect. I dunno. Feeling kinda blue today about the death of Carrie Fisher as I just watched her in Catastrophe -- last thing she ever shot chronologically. She literally got on that fateful plane shortly after wrapping her scenes.

Sadly, I once almost helped decorate her house for Christmas. Long story short, I pitch in for a friend who has a thriving business decorating homes of the rich or famous in LA. The day they did Carrie's house, I was booked on a better gig. And later regretted it. I guess she was there and hilarious. If only I'd known... Sigh.