Princess Leia - Speculation

Reaction score
I guess this is 3...

It's a Han Solo quote. From Empire.

Watch it you've got one on your tail. I can't see it. It's on me tight, i can't shake it. I'm on it Luke, hold on... Biggs, where are you? The force is strong with is one.

Reaction score
Watch it you've got one on your tail. I can't see it. It's on me tight, i can't shake it. I'm on it Luke, hold on... Biggs, where are you? The force is strong with is one.
I guess we're just quoting the movies now? Ok.

You've never heard of the Millennium Falcon? It's the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs.

My friend doesn't like you. I don't like you either. You just watch yourself. We're wanted men. I've got the death sentence on 12 systems. I'll be careful. You'll be dead! This one's not worth the effort. No blasters! No blasters!

I think my eyes are getting better. Instead of a big dark blur, I see a big light blur. There's nothing to see. I used to live here, you know. You're going to die here, you know. Convenient.

GNT

Reaction score
Guys lets keep this topic related to Leia please, movie quotes can go elsewhere.

Reaction score
Three guises of Leia in action figure form please Hasbro.

Reaction score
Lego IS making her... Honestly? I think I am going to dive into Lego for this movie. Hasbro is just KILLING my interest with their utter lack of it in the 3 3/4 inch line...
Check out Bandai's figuarts line. Great selection so far and the best sculpts I've seen for Star Wars figures.

They'll do General Organa justice.

Reaction score
SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS
Okay, now -- after seeing the movie -- I really, really, REALLY want an updated LEIA figure. In all guises... Though I only saw two... gotta watch again. (Fortunately, I am in a few hours... )

I really, REALLY thought Carrie Fisher was as good as Ford and that IS meant as the HIGHEST praise. I was thrilled at how much the iconic tension and chemistry between them remained. Seeing them together made me feel very wistful and touched me in ways that perhaps only those who have ever somehow lost a great love can ever truly understand. [No wonder some of the fanboys simply don't get this film. ;) ] But seriously, their reunion was pitch perfect not only in performance but the dialogue sparked and cracked with life and emotion. Truth be told, I was worried Carrie would be MORE Carrie and LESS Leia... but no. She was and shall always be able to inhabit Princess Leia when called to do it... As an actress, she REALLY still has it. In spades.

Reaction score
Over on JediTempleArchives, they've posted a link to Hasbro's Motion Poster, a moving movie poster made of action figures, featuring Leia in the more regal attire and a Maz Kanata figure.

Reaction score
Over on JediTempleArchives, they've posted a link to Hasbro's Motion Poster, a moving movie poster made of action figures, featuring Leia in the more regal attire and a Maz Kanata figure.
i saw that. Looks like the 6" series tho. Hopefully we get the vest outfit in 3 3/4 first

Reaction score
i saw that. Looks like the 6" series tho. Hopefully we get the vest outfit in 3 3/4 first
Looked again, and you're right. The 5POA Chewie doesn't look as good as what they included here.

Still hoping for a proper 3.75" Leia in both outfits.

JVM

Reaction score
I'm surprised Hasbro hasn't shown us the picture yet.

I can understand why we don't have a proper Luke Skywalker figure yet, but General Organa has played a decent role in the film, they obviously want to push female characters, and she's not exactly spoilerrific.

Maybe it's because they have a habit of screwing Leia up?

Reaction score
^^^^

pretty sure that's the spot on answer.

I'm sure official photos will be released in no time, especially since pics are popping up today of this wave being found in Singapore.

Reaction score

I can understand why we don't have a proper Luke Skywalker figure yet, but General Organa has played a decent role in the film, they obviously want to push female characters, and she's not exactly spoilerrific.

I think it's more likely that they're trying to space out the Leia releases. We just saw those first packaged images of the WM exclusive 3.75" Black Series Leia (D'Qar) pop up online from Singapore today. That photo from Asia indicates that we'll probably see the exclusive version of Leia in the U.S. by early May.

And there's also the REBELS version of Leia that's in the pipeline. No doubt Hasbro wants to give that figure some time of it's own, too. And that figure will be in the TFA/REBELS 3.75" figure line.

All of those factors considered, I don't think we're going to see a TFA General version of Leia any time before the summer.

Reaction score
I think it's more likely that they're trying to space out the Leia releases. We just saw those first packaged images of the WM exclusive 3.75" Black Series Leia (D'Qar) pop up online from Singapore today. That photo from Asia indicates that we'll probably see the exclusive version of Leia in the U.S. by early May.

And there's also the REBELS version of Leia that's in the pipeline. No doubt Hasbro wants to give that figure some time of it's own, too. And that figure will be in the TFA/REBELS 3.75" figure line.

All of those factors considered, I don't think we're going to see a TFA General version of Leia any time before the summer.
I wonder if we will see a new sculpted ANH Leia figure for the Rogue One movie. I would not be surprised if they casted a young actress to play Leia in Rogue One... they could even use her daughter for the role.

as far as TFA goes.... I want the General Leia figure. looking forward to getting the WM BS Leia when she comes out... hopefully she will not be that difficult to find as the Yavin Leia was.

and I love the look of the upcoming Leia from Rebels.

ZX3

Reaction score

I bet it has something to do with all the production photos and deleted scenes featuring Leia with a ponytail and the movie having that cut out (digitally erased in post production I'd guess). There was probably a ponytailed General Leia figure all set to go until that was changed and they had to scrap it.
Since Hasbro needs six months lead up time the earliest they would have been able to fix it for would be June maybe? But since Han didn't show up until later maybe she'll be available in the Fall?

Reaction score
I want Leia in her general uniform. I haven't found the search for Skywalker exclusive from Walmart yet either

Reaction score
I bet Leia will be in the next wave of 5POA figures. But its all gone quiet with figure news eh......

Reaction score
I want Leia in her general uniform. I haven't found the search for Skywalker exclusive from Walmart yet either
what exclusive TFA Luke at Walmart... are you referring to the repacked Walmart BS Deleted ROTJ Luke repack?

Reaction score
Has anyone actually found her...like in a store and not shipped from China through ebay? I just don't see how anyone expects to find her seeing as WM is clearancing out the Black Series....

Reaction score
I spotted her the other day in a box that looks like a hippo sat on it for the day. luckily I had already bought her from Amazon.

Reaction score
Now that we've seen wave 1 and 2 for RO, I must say that I am disappointed that there isn't a TFA General Leia figure. We know characters like Kylo, Rey, and Poe are being carried into the RO assortments, yet Leia is missing. I know we're getting a Rebels version of her - but I imagine countless fans are a bit shocked she never had a basic TFA figure. Luke is understandable, and will likely be in wave 1 for Episode 8, but there is no guarantee Leia will have much of a role, or appear in the same outfit - where we know Luke will...

Reaction score
I agree. It's shameful there was no Luke and General Leia in the basic line. Luke I can kinnnnda understand, being under wraps until the movie came out, but still I would have expected we'd see them as TFA figures for waves 1 & 2 of R1.

Old Luke, Han and Leia were my three most wanted figures before TFA line even debuted. :-/

Reaction score
I agree. It's shameful there was no Luke and General Leia in the basic line. Luke I can kinnnnda understand, being under wraps until the movie came out, but still I would have expected we'd see them as TFA figures for waves 1 & 2 of R1.

Old Luke, Han and Leia were my three most wanted figures before TFA line even debuted. :-/
And old Han was somewhat hard to come by. The line produced some quality figures for what they were but character selection, case assortment and choices for carry forwards were the worst possible decisions they could have made.

Let's see, on day one there was chewie no Han. No BB-8, no R2 and threepio. Rey was popular and wasn't packed in significant numbers. Poe was a disaster. Zuvio was packed in equal numbers to the main characters. The vehicles were all overpriced by at least $10.

I know it was a different time in collecting, but the prequels had much better overall releases than TFA. Yes even the awful Saga line was better.

JVM

Reaction score
The fact there's a Rebels version of Leia but not a TFA version of Leia is unforgivable to me at this point. It's funny a younger version of the character from one episode of an (admittedly great) animated program is quicker to the presses than an older one from the "motion picture event of a generation". I'm really disappointed in Hasbro for this one. There's a lot of mistakes I can let them get away with, but this one's a bit crazy, especially when #WheresRey, no matter how legitimate, should've sent Hasbro a clear message about female characters...

Reaction score
The fact there's a Rebels version of Leia but not a TFA version of Leia is unforgivable to me at this point. It's funny a younger version of the character from one episode of an (admittedly great) animated program is quicker to the presses than an older one from the "motion picture event of a generation". I'm really disappointed in Hasbro for this one. There's a lot of mistakes I can let them get away with, but this one's a bit crazy, especially when #WheresRey, no matter how legitimate, should've sent Hasbro a clear message about female characters...
I understand your compliant and agree that Hasbro sorta dropped the ball on the Leia front, but we did get a Leia in the TFA product line (3.75" BS). with that being said, I for one would have preferred General Organa in her Resistance Outfit instead of the blue dress at the end of the movie.

In regards to Rebels Leia... I thinking Hasbro's choice in this version of the character is based upon getting a new version of the iconic Princess on the shelves.

however I think the major fault at Hasbro is the lack of a TFA Luke. Even if he was considered to be a major spoiler/secret at the time of Force Friday last year, he still should have been already out at retail by now or at least part of the new RO Force Friday releases.

JVM

Reaction score
I understand your compliant and agree that Hasbro sorta dropped the ball on the Leia front, but we did get a Leia in the TFA product line (3.75" BS). with that being said, I for one would have preferred General Organa in her Resistance Outfit instead of the blue dress at the end of the movie.

In regards to Rebels Leia... I thinking Hasbro's choice in this version of the character is based upon getting a new version of the iconic Princess on the shelves.

however I think the major fault at Hasbro is the lack of a TFA Luke. Even if he was considered to be a major spoiler/secret at the time of Force Friday last year, he still should have been already out at retail by now or at least part of the new RO Force Friday releases.
I was sure Luke and Leia would be in the same wave around spring 2016, as a big post-TFA push for all the spoiler-y stuff. I didn't even question it - it made business sense and it was logical timing. Most of my stores have the same toys they had in December. I acquired most of the later figures I've been interested in online, and a family member bought me an Unkar Plutt.

Luke and Leia need to be released ASAP.

Reaction score

One bit of news that I recall seeing from around SDCC or SWCE was that the Hasbro Star Wars team was kept out of the loop on Luke as he appeared in THE FORCE AWAKENS. They went so far as to say that the first time the folks at Hasbro saw Luke was when they saw the movie in the theater. They played things THAT tight. Fast forward to now, and we're still only 9 months past the release of TFA in the theaters. I think it's likely we'll probably see TFA Luke come Toy Fair, and no sooner. But I do agree that he's probably going to be released around the same time as a Resistance General version of Leia.

Reaction score
One bit of news that I recall seeing from around SDCC or SWCE was that the Hasbro Star Wars team was kept out of the loop on Luke as he appeared in THE FORCE AWAKENS. They went so far as to say that the first time the folks at Hasbro saw Luke was when they saw the movie in the theater. They played things THAT tight. Fast forward to now, and we're still only 9 months past the release of TFA in the theaters. I think it's likely we'll probably see TFA Luke come Toy Fair, and no sooner. But I do agree that he's probably going to be released around the same time as a Resistance General version of Leia.
heard that story from the spokesman as well, which makes me wonder if they didnt bother to look at Hamill's on set photo w/his arms crossed and the little plushie on his shoulder and the leaks of his jedi master robes he'd use on set. Again it'd be leaks to try and base tooling a figure off of.... but when the shots of Luke weren't going to show up in time I'd have the concept crew at least throw a kitbashed version together off those 2 photos alone.

Reaction score
I can see that being the case but even if Disney/Lucasfilm wanted to keep Luke a secret they still could have provided Hasbro with a sneak peek, made them sign a waiver to keep the figure a secret till after the movie's release (no leaked pictures or press releases, or shown at conventions) and then the figure could have already been out on the shelves already or at least included in RO packaging.

I'm hoping that with the 40th anniversary of ANH next year that Hasbro shows us a SA 3.75" TFA Luke and Leia in Vintage style packaging!

Reaction score
Things weren't that tight. There was a leaked photo of Luke before the movie came out. So either Hasbro was specifically told not to make Luke which is stupid on lucasfilms part or they chose not to make him which is stupid on Hasbro. Stupid either way. A new Luke figure is like printing money.

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't buy that story about not knowing until they saw the movie. Because even we saw photos of him months before the Premiere! :rolleyes:
And based on Hasbro's' and LFL's relationship on all previous movies, they should have access to some bit of info early on. If it takes 18 months to produce a figure though, and it's already been 9 months since it hit theaters. They would have had to know something a long time ago.

Reaction score
the only thing I can think of in regards to Hasbro not producing TFA Luke or TFA General Leia is perhaps play factor.I mean let's face it... Luke really does absolutely Nothing in TFA besides turn around, remove his hood and look sad. not much while this might be a very powerful scene to the "adults" and "fans" of the original trilogy from Hasbro's standpoint (and let's face facts Hasbro has stated time and time that they are making toys for the kids and not the collectors/adults) I'm sure they felt that Luke would possibly pegwarm. I mean what child would want to play with perhaps a salt and pepper shaker 5 POA Luke figure that did nothing in the movies.

in regards to Leia... again let's face the facts (Hasbro claims that female action figures do not sell well and therefore shortpack them #wheresrey) Hasbro figured that Leia wouldn't sell and decided to skip her in the initial waves and instead gave us that "Mommy Dearest" looking Formal Gown Leia in the Walmart Black Series wave.