Princess Leia - Speculation

GNT

Reaction score
Not really much is known about Leia's role in The Force Awakens yet but please use this thread to discuss possible figures in 3" or 6" scale as I'm sure we'll be seeing more details in the next few months.

Who's up for an old Leia figure?

Reaction score
I want one. BAD! I love Leia. She is my favorite human to collect in the Star Wars universe.

Reaction score
Shame they aren't showing us much of the original cast in the new films so I can't say whether I like the designs enough or not to buy them. They've shown us the new guys but I can't really get excited about characters we don't know anything about yet.

Reaction score
Sa 3.75" will be a definite buy. If it's only 5 POA, then she won't become a part of my collection nor will I get any for my daughters.

GNT

Reaction score
At least we know what she's wearing now in the movie in the recently leaked picture. Spoiler warning applies for those that don't want to see it...

Spoiler:  

I must admit she'll be a boring figure in this outfit but a nice nod to the Rebel Fleet trooper outfit.

Reaction score
I quite like her in this outfit! ^^^ mind you: most Sw characters in any outfit that has a vest (anh trooper look) more than likely gets my vote!

"It may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts!" ;)

Reaction score
At least we know what she's wearing now in the movie in the recently leaked picture. Spoiler warning applies for those that don't want to see it...

Spoiler:  

I must admit she'll be a boring figure in this outfit but a nice nod to the Rebel Fleet trooper outfit.
I'm already gonna say... Pegwarmer.
But I personally am a completionist, so I will buy her.

Reaction score
Hmmm... thinking about it: I quite like the armless vest look, that permeates much of the SW universe (ANH and ESB being the most obvious examples) - probably because it reminds me of 1970s SW fashion (which I love the look of, in almost all aspects).

NOTE: This is just my association - not at all based on any 'fact'.

At a glance: Leia's look harks to both ANH (long armless vest) and ROTJ (the more grey, militaristic jumpsuit underneath the vest).

Interesting, interesting... :)

Reaction score
This is one of those figures that I would buy if it's in the higher articulation category, but it shouldn't be overpacked.

Reaction score
I gaurantee Leia won't pegwarm if she's packed smartly, but you can say that for any returning OT character.

Reaction score
I definitely want at least 1 of the Leia and I hope that this is not the only outfit that she is in for the movie. part of the reason I like the prequels and OT were the various outfits both Padme and Leia wore throughout the saga.

Reaction score
I definitely want at least 1 of the Leia and I hope that this is not the only outfit that she is in for the movie. part of the reason I like the prequels and OT were the various outfits both Padme and Leia wore throughout the saga.
But we're not expecting Leia to be the main female lead character in Ep VII, that honor goes to Rey; Leia's screen time will most likely be somewhat limited, and if there's more than two costume changes for her I'd be surprised.

Reaction score
But we're not expecting Leia to be the main female lead character in Ep VII, that honor goes to Rey; Leia's screen time will most likely be somewhat limited, and if there's more than two costume changes for her I'd be surprised.
i agree. however if there are 2 outfits for leia, i hope one is combat/"adventure"( like cw"adventure" padme figure) based on leaked image thats simular to ep4 rebel fleet troopers outfit and a 2nd leia wearing someform of a formal outfit/gown. Then Disney/Hasbro could release the MIA yavin tbs leia and the ep7 formal attire leia in an evolutions type 2 pk (or 3 pack if hasbro fibbed about the "mistake" regarding endor leia)

GNT

Reaction score
Don't buy her is the simplest choice :p I'm looking forward to having an evolution of Leia on my shelf - Baby, OT and TFA.

Reaction score
Leia is certainly the least exciting returning character for me, but hopefully they make a couple really good 3.75 figures of her.

Reaction score
That's why she needs a little Jedi action, maybe then she'd be categorized as an action oriented character. Instead of some boring Politician...

Reaction score
To late, she's Grandma now. And tired really tired..all the time Tired......Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Reaction score
I'd like to think of her in a Mon Mothma role but with some special powers, not necessarily "battle skills" but mind reading and stuff like that.

Reaction score
I'd like to think of her in a Mon Mothma role but with some special powers, not necessarily "battle skills" but mind reading and stuff like that.
...and super articulation, of course. Need those arms movements to give orders, right?B)

Reaction score
Looks like she'll have at least two outfits for this movie. Her main Resistance costume should definitely be the first to recieve an action figure, but I do hope we also see the regal version released at some point down the road.

Reaction score
In a recent interview with her, she revealed that Disney made her lose 15 kilos before filming, and she was quite annoyed about it. I'm just glad she did, because she's an immortal for me, in the halls-of-fame for star wars obviously. We may never see her in a Star Wars movie again. Her trimmed-down figure for the movie combined with the make-up on her face has her looking smashing, and THIRTY NINE YEARS LATER! Woo hoo! Thank goodness she complied. She probably feels the better for it too in real life:grin:

Reaction score
That's funny, I though she had already quit the nose candy long ago.

More than likely she'll only get one figure.

Reaction score
That's funny, I though she had already quit the nose candy long ago.

More than likely she'll only get one figure.

Nose candy? Didn't make Sylvester and Claude Van Damme put-on weight, and those two have been bathing in it for decades:grin:.

But seriously, i'd bet that Hasbro will milk the demand factor for the big three (Leia, Luke and Han), so i'd be willing to guess that there will be at least two and more than likely three guises of Leia in action figure form. That's what i'm hoping.

Reaction score
Leia will sell, but she's never been the heavy hitter people assume she is when it comes to the numbers. She's not Luke or Han. One outfit for Leia will be sufficient.

Reaction score
Nose candy? Didn't make Sylvester and Claude Van Damme put-on weight, and those two have been bathing in it for decades:grin:.
The joke is that the "nose candy" makes you lose weight, not gain it, insinuating that Carrie Fisher started using again to drop her weight for the movie.

Reaction score
Heavy hitter. lol. I see what you did there.

It was a play on the word, "kilo". As in a term for you know what, and that she had to drop a few.

Reaction score
I dropped $20 on the saga Gen. Reeikan (John Kerry) figure with the holo terminal just to use the accessory to hide the inevitable horrid Gen. Leia that comes out in 5poa. I need her for the display shelf because she's one of the big three and she looks phenomenal in the trailers, but if Hasbro can't make a 20 yr old Leia look right, then thisone will be really scary!

Reaction score
Lego IS making her... Honestly? I think I am going to dive into Lego for this movie. Hasbro is just KILLING my interest with their utter lack of it in the 3 3/4 inch line...

Reaction score
The joke is that the "nose candy" makes you lose weight, not gain it, insinuating that Carrie Fisher started using again to drop her weight for the movie.

That's the second time you've bailed me out, cheers ole chap:D. I'm a bit slow to pick-up on some things.

Reaction score
They can (see TVC Hoth Leia). They just choose not to for some reason.

I found the face of Toryn Farr figure similar to the actual Carrie's face....so Toryn Farr (BS) could be great for a Customized Leia (actual age of course)