Princess Leia (Slave Outfit) - #05

GNT

Reaction score
According to the Flyguy website a Slave Leia figure will be released in either wave 2 or 3 of the 6" Black Series. It's not a site I'm aware of so take it as a grain of salt.

Here's the details:

Star Wars Slave Leia 6" Action Figure UPC:653569897804

If Slave Leia is coming, what does everyone want to see with this release?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I love Slave Leia as much as the next guy, but I'm kinda annoyed they're not going with ANH Leia first. I'd like to focus primarily on ANH characters while collecting the 6" line, and if it ended before we got bun-head Leia, I'd be miffed.

Reaction score
Sweet!!! I'm salivating already!!! Would be so cool if they made a Jabba in this scale to go along with this figure!!! And don't worry, I'm sure bun-head Leia is coming at some point!!!

Reaction score
Would be cool if she came with Salacious Crumb.

This would make the most sense to release him, other than a Jabba set.

C-3PO should remain movie-neutral (the silver leg being the only body part that makes him different between the original trilogy and ROTS), and including Crumb would make him ROTJ-specific.

GNT

Reaction score
The slave outfit and her white ANH garb are pretty iconic but I think her slave outfit is more action figure worthy in the 6" scale as she did a lot more in it. Besides a Slave Leia 6" figure keeps the guys happy ;)

Reaction score
It's tough to come up with exciting "action" Leia figures. Her white ANH dress is really too plain looking, as is her Bespin escape outfit. This and Boushh Leia are really the only versions of the character where Hasbro can show off their sculpting and detail work. The downside of the Boushh disguise is that she never really did much in that suit. It's the same with her Ceremonial gown, Bespin gown and Ewok gown. Those are better suited for looking pretty and not blowing the heads off of bad guys.

I think Slave Leia is the second most iconic outfit for Leia and it's definitely the most popular in fan culture. So this choice just makes sense.

Reaction score
I love Slave Leia as much as the next guy, but I'm kinda annoyed they're not going with ANH Leia first. I'd like to focus primarily on ANH characters while collecting the 6" line, and if it ended before we got bun-head Leia, I'd be miffed.

I feel the same way. I'd rather see the ANH versions first because I want that iconic feel from this line and then the other versions could be added in later.

I'll get this Leia and BB made some good points, but I would have preferred the classic Leia first.

Reaction score
I'm all for Slave Leia being made in the 6" figure line but I think Hasbro should have given us ANH Leia first (which I'm sure Hasbro will in a later wave). what would make this figure really cool is if she is also packed with the deleted scene sandstorm cloak and goggles as well as a force pike.

Reaction score
wow this is great news. Here's hoping that in the larger scale Hasbro can manage to paint her correctly. I'm not holding my breath though, just hoping lol.

Reaction score
I'm so giddy. I have high hopes for this one since the small 3.75 in scale version looks so great, a 6inch one would be fantastic.

Reaction score
There's not enough places in their stated allotment for two Leias, so of course they'd go with Slave Leia first. Not that rumors are facts or anything.

Reaction score
There's not enough places in their stated allotment for two Leias, so of course they'd go with Slave Leia first. Not that rumors are facts or anything.

Well, unless Walmart and Target store computers are "lying", then this is no rumor, and is coming!!! And why would you think the six inch line would be over after these initial waves???

Reaction score
With the shenanigans of distribution post TPM and finally the line ending on TVC, I pretty much lost interest in anything Hasbro Star Wars. When the 6" line was announced I was mildly interested, and stated in this very forum that I really wanted a slave Leia (who wouldn't, right? :p ). Now I see that it is a strong possibility that not only will I get my wish but that there are some GREAT figure choices possibly coming in this line, I'm excited about Star Wars toys again! I'm all in on these!

Reaction score
What do you mean about Walmart computers saying anything about this line? I just looked up several upcs in the system for the black series 6" line and they certainly aren't even in there...

Reaction score
What do you mean about Walmart computers saying anything about this line? I just looked up several upcs in the system for the black series 6" line and they certainly aren't even in there...

Are you an employee who looked up future supply item codes? That is supposedly where the more detailed info was found using the UPC. I'm assuming you didn't just plug the UPC into an in store scanner or look up UPC of current product lines? They of course wouldn't be in there. This is all just hearsay though at this point.

Reaction score
Are you an employee who looked up future supply item codes? That is supposedly where the more detailed info was found using the UPC. I'm assuming you didn't just plug the UPC into an in store scanner or look up UPC of current product lines? They of course wouldn't be in there. This is all just hearsay though at this point.

I'm a salaried member of store management and I when I checked, none of those upc codes were on file (in my store at least). I did also speak to my Hasbro rep regarding the Star Wars assortment in the upcoming toy reset in August and she said she has not received any information on the Black series, or what the stores will be carrying. I'm not doubting the info, just couldn't confirm it myself..

Reaction score
Wonder how the articulation points will look on this Leia...or will Hasbro make this figure a "statue"??

Reaction score
Well, since when do they announce there will be only four waves of something if they plan on making the line until all the petroleum on Earth is used up? It would be one thing if they announced the line-ups of four waves. But they didn't. They said they were only planning four waves. Period. I know they'll renege, but they can't pretend they never said it. Epic Force was six inches and that only had one lineup of figures.

Reaction score
Wonder how the articulation points will look on this Leia...or will Hasbro make this figure a "statue"??

I highly doubt it. All the statuesque figures are in the basic line. the only reason hasbro is offering these new 6" figures is so they can include better and additional articulation

Reaction score
Surprised this one is coming first before the classic white gown, but I don't mind. Any Leia figure is good to me.

Can't wait to see some pics.

Reaction score
Well, since when do they announce there will be only four waves of something if they plan on making the line until all the petroleum on Earth is used up? It would be one thing if they announced the line-ups of four waves. But they didn't. They said they were only planning four waves. Period. I know they'll renege, but they can't pretend they never said it. Epic Force was six inches and that only had one lineup of figures.

Weren't Epic Force figures basically six inch statues affixed to a rotating base? I don't see how that's comparable in the slightest. However, I did not know they were only doing four waves. I wonder who we'll get as the wave four PT figure. I'd bet Jango Fett or a Phase 2 Clone Trooper.

Reaction score
However, I did not know they were only doing four waves.

Hasbro hasn't limited the 6" Black Series to only 4 waves total.

He's getting his info from the USA Today article linked below.

The part that he was quoting, "The first wave of four", means the first wave of four figures, not the first wave of four waves.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2013/01/29/hasbro-star-wars-black-series-action-figure-toys/1872035/

"The first wave of four, due out in early to mid-August, includes Luke Skywalker in his X-Wing Fighter flight suit, fan-favorite droid R2-D2, bad guy Darth Maul and an Imperial Sandtrooper."

Reaction score
Slave Leia...albeit cool...I can't help but feel is an odd choice for the first Leia in the series. I'd much rather have had ANH. But with that said this figure could still be very awesome.

Reaction score
Hasbro hasn't limited the 6" Black Series to only 4 waves total.

He's getting his info from the USA Today article linked below.

The part that he was quoting, "The first wave of four", means the first wave of four figures, not the first wave of four waves.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2013/01/29/hasbro-star-wars-black-series-action-figure-toys/1872035/

"The first wave of four, due out in early to mid-August, includes Luke Skywalker in his X-Wing Fighter flight suit, fan-favorite droid R2-D2, bad guy Darth Maul and an Imperial Sandtrooper."

Yeah, it always helps to take sentence fragments and use them out of context when you really don't want to admit that you're wrong.

Given the context of the sentence, it's pretty clear that the "four" is a reference to the number of figures in the wave, not the number of waves.

Reaction score
I meant one lineup of characters, i.e. not three versions of Han.

AND YES, I WAS WRONG. I read the sentence correctly. You can interpret it either way. They just wrote it in the worst possible phrasing.

Reaction score
I meant one lineup of characters, i.e. not three versions of Han.

AND YES, I WAS WRONG. I read the sentence correctly. You can interpret it either way. They just wrote it in the worst possible phrasing.

I agree, the sentence was poorly worded. They could have written that sentence more better. :)

Reaction score
I'm disappointed that the first Leia we get is the Fanboy Pandering one.

I would have preferred Hoth or Bespin myself. Something more Princess than Pin-up.

Hoth with removable vest and alternate Bespin hairdo head would have been great.

Reaction score
From Galactic Hunter

999690_591225360929982_1000815328_n.jpg