Princess Leia Organa - Yavin 4 (POTF2 Card)

GNT

Reaction score
According to Yakface.com we should be seeing Princess Leia - Yavin Ceremony in the Black Series.

Any thoughts on seeing this figure?

Reaction score
She better have a new headsculpt so we can get a better ANH Leia. Maybe have to get two of these to convert one to her regular look as well.

Reaction score
Looking forward to this one! That only leaves Bespin Gown and Medical Frigate outfits from ESB and Ewok Village outfit from ROTJ and then all the original trilogy Leias will be done. I could see them doing Bespin Gown and Ewok Village but I doubt they'll ever get around to doing Medical Frigate. Unless they're still doing Black Series figures another decade from now and have run out of things to release from the OT.

I'm still hoping for her two looks in TLJ and her two looks in TROS but they probably won't do those either. :(

Reaction score
I'd almost prefer Bespin gown first, but am still definitely interested in this figure.

It seems like it's going to be a bit of a statue type of figure?
But I will wait to see the design.

Reaction score
If it's all cloth and they use the same cloth as usual: No thank you.
It's also still a bit weird to me, why they went with this version - I can only makes sense of it if they are releasing an updated Han Solo.
But then it also kind of dictates that vac metal 3PO and R2 need to be released and a re-release with Chewie, and Honor Guards of course.

Han_Solo_Yavin_Ceremony.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Pass for me. She looks ok but it’s not a figure I need. I’ll stick with my SH ANH Leia and my BS Hoth version. Interested to see what else is in store for today’s reveals.

Reaction score
You know, thats not actually all that bad. Not really for me but I might, as its rather nice. Ill Wait to see what else is coming before I decide on it.

Reaction score
I am so beating this FOMO :ROFLMAO:

On a more serious note: Figure/Sculpt looks good, and the joints on bare arms are better looking (there's a nice re-use for Sexy Time Leia right there). I just don't feel I need this one.

It's odd that they are going for this, when there are so many other ones that seems more ripe for picking.

Reaction score
Perfect example of what should be an exclusive -- an inessential costume variation. I don't understand why this will be put into mainline later. Easy to hold off on this until it's on clearance a year from now.

Reaction score
That’s a lot of hair down her back, if I didn’t know any better I would suppose it’s Wookiee hair but I’m sure Hasbro did it’s thing from archival pictures or footage!

I’m on the fence with this one—I’m certainly in no rush to preorder.

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Hasbro-Pulse-Icon-18px.png
Exclusive in the U.S. & the U.K.

Available for pre-order beginning tomorrow on Hasbro Pulse UK, September 9th, at 1:00pm ET.

Available for pre-order on Hasbro Pulse in the US on November 1st.

On shelf Spring 2022. MSRP is $26.99.

Reaction score
Yeah, this is a stretch for me - the card back package, the look of the gown.
If I still had a decent cashflow, maybe?
But at this point, this is pretty easy to pass.
I'd prefer the fig in a re-sealable box if I were buying.

I'm looking at screen caps - this gown is difficult to replicate in any style or material or scale.
I'm sure customs would be better.

60142-1532336916.jpg

Reaction score
I might be wrong, but as far as I remember, 3,75 Ceremony Leia did NOT even see release on THIS card style.
NOT this one with the SINGLE green beam. If my memory serves me right, she came on the cards with the green "explosion", similar to the style of the red Episode 1 cards

I think, she was part of that "Sneak Preview" wave with some flip images, just before the Episode 1 cards took over 🤔🤔

Last edited:
Reaction score
I might be wrong, but as far as I remember, 3,75 Ceremony Leia did NOT even see release on THIS card style.
NOT this one with the SINGLE green beam. If my memory serves me right, she came on the cards with the green "explosion", similar to the style of the red Episode 1 cards

I think, she was part of that "Sneak Preview" wave with some flip images, just before the Episode 1 cards took over 🤔🤔
You're right. Whoever put this packaging together didn't do their research, or completely disregarded what came before. JTA had a posting about it; it was one of the rare times I agreed with their opinion.

Reaction score
If I remember correctly the only time Kenner Hasbro had the Leia Yavin ceremony on that particular Cardback was during the Princess Leia Collection. The figure by herself was from the flashback series.

Attachments

• DD585394-0A26-44D0-8D84-D5AC7A2DED76.jpeg
    DD585394-0A26-44D0-8D84-D5AC7A2DED76.jpeg
    255.2 KB · Views: 10
  • CCE302AE-499F-47F3-822C-D72A44466BFB.jpeg
    CCE302AE-499F-47F3-822C-D72A44466BFB.jpeg
    38.4 KB · Views: 12

GNT

Reaction score
The way I look at is these 50th Anniversary cardback figures are only a representation of past toy lines over the years and don’t have to be an exact replica of what we had in the 3inch line. Hasbro has taken some liberties with the line.

For example they’ve made non vintage figures on Vintage cards and here‘s no different. I dig it, it looks good so what’s the problem?

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
So this is technically supposed to go on sale tomorrow November 1st at the Hasbro Pulse (U.S.) according to the information Hasbro provided. I wonder if it actually will, or if they'll wait until Tuesday for the next "Bring Home the Bounty" event.

Reaction score
She’s up for pre-order.

Reaction score
I hate to be that guy buuuut, $30? Especially when we just saw she’s in the next wave for regular price. The mysteries of Hasbro’s inner workings continue...
It’s be nice if this more expensive version came with a scene appropriate smiling head

Last edited: