Princess Leia Organa Focus Collection: Update!

Reaction score
Re: MOC Leia Collection Update! 3/22

Welcome to another update of the Princess Leia Organazation!

I didn't pick up anything at the Edmonton Toy Show, but this little beauty was waiting for me when I got home!

General Mills German ESB 45 back! She is pretty awesome. And since I already had both the German Hoth and Bespin Leias, I had to have this one, too!

Normally I don't do an update for just one MOC, so I figured I'd highlight the other vintage Leia stuff that I've picked up over the years, before I decided to strictly focus on MOC figures.

Of course, no Leia focus is really complete without the Kenner large size <s>doll</s> action figure!

Craft items:

LeeWard's Suncather, Craft Master Paint by number set, Craft Master Figurine

Bath/Beauty:

Omni Cosmetics Beauty Bag, Omni Soap, Omni Bubble Bath,ROTJ flip open comb, and Oral B toothbrush
Yes, I own a beauty bag. *sigh*
Moving on.

Miscellaneous:

Ben Cooper costume, 2 Coca-Cola cups, Deka cup, Factors pin, Mead folder, 1983 VHS SNL hosted by Carrie Fisher

And then there is this:

The one that started it all, my childhood Leia figure. Yes, she only has one eyebrow left, a very yellow torso, her gun and cape are long gone, but this was the first figure that I got as a kid. Maybe that explains part of my fascination with the character. Maybe not.

Bruce

Reaction score

Cool set, BruceW.

That ESB 45 back is in terrific condition. Congrats.

Reaction score

Nice collection Bruce, you going to go for a 12" Leia run too?

Reaction score

MikeStrange said:
I agree with my fellow doll collector!
Your collection is screaming out for a cheeky run of the Leia dolls. Not the easiest run but certainly do-able...

Reaction score

Awesome update Bruce!!!!

That German Leia is killer man! Excellent addition to your wonderful focus. Thanks for sharing!

Reaction score

Lee_Bullock said:
MikeStrange said:
I agree with my fellow doll collector!
Your collection is screaming out for a cheeky run of the Leia dolls. Not the easiest run but certainly do-able...
Oh god. I've thought about it, Lee, but I don't think so. I love your and Mike's boxed Leia runs. If I had run across a boxed Canadian GDE when I was up at Shane's I probably would have bought it, but there were none to be had. I might try for a run in the future but I'm really really trying to stick to MOC figures for now. And there are so many left to get. Sooo many Leias.

As someone who used to be "all over the place" with my SW collecting purchases, I'm kind of proud of myself that I am able to maintain this kind of focus. It does take a bit of self-control and determination on my part, because I love everything related to the vintage SW toy line. For example, I did see some cool Canadian stuff on Sunday, like a GDE "Land of the Jawas" playset that I thought was really cool, but I had to talk myself out of it, saying to myself "You don't need it. You don't have the space for it. Stick to your focus, man. Stay on target... Stay on target..."

RebelChris said:
Awesome update Bruce!!!!

That German Leia is killer man! Excellent addition to your wonderful focus. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks Chris!

Reaction score
MOC Leia Collection Update! 5/22 Glasslite!

Welcome to another installment of the Princess Leia Organazation!

Kenner 12C

Yes, I finally picked up a 12 back. I had been holding off on one of these because the card front of the 20A is the same. But with very few foreign pieces available right now, I decided to go for it.

Kenner 31B

For some reason, ESB MOC's aren't coming up for sale very often, so I was really happy to score this one.

Glasslite POTF Princesa Leia

Now this is what I'm talking about! Different graphics, foreign language logo and a bigger card! She not perfect, but it's pretty impressive, to me anyways!

Enjoy!
Bruce

HWR

Reaction score
Re: MOC Leia Collection Update! 5/22 Glasslite!

Great additions to your focus, Bruce.

I agree that the Glasslite cards are really great, because they are so different from any other cardbacks.

Reaction score

I love the tri logo Hoth Leia picture. Classic Leia.

Reaction score

Great new additions Bruce. I too was bidding on the Glasslite. Glad its gone to a good home.

Reaction score

MikeStrange said:
Great new additions Bruce. I too was bidding on the Glasslite. Glad its gone to a good home.
Sorry about that, Mike. Yes, she does have a good home!

Reaction score

Haha, no probs. I've had my MOT and car tax due this month so I could only afford a lowball bid anyway.

Reaction score
Re: Meccano & Takara added to MOC Leia Collection

Some pretty cool new additions to the Princess Leia Organazation! Updated my original post to include these.

Kenner 12B with Takara sticker

And then there is this one:

Meccano "Princesse Leia" 20A back!

The new ones are always my favorite! I love everything about this thing.

Just had to share!

HWR

Reaction score
Re: Meccano & Takara added to MOC Leia Collection

BruceW said:
Just had to share!
And thanks for sharing. Not often you find these two variations.

New additions are always among my favorite items too along with my childhood Star Wars stuff and the ones I got as a gift.

Reaction score
Welcome to another update to the Princess Leia Organazation (Life Day Edition)! :)
(click photos to enlarge)

First off, in the "random item" category, I found these weird vintage ROTJ puffy stickers.

There is no copyright info on these, and a closer look will tell you why:

I can't believe LFL would ever approve this item. Aside from the woefully inaccurate colors, Leia has her "Ewok village" hair style, while wearing her Bespin gown! And don't get me started on Han...or Lando.

Next up, Princess Leia Organa Kenner 21B

Not the easiest piece to find.

Princess Leia Organa 41C

And the newest edition:
Palitoy 30B Leia Organa Bespin Gown

I was very lucky to happen upon this. Apparently, the Palitoy 30 backs are extremely rare, so it was great to add this to the collection!

Enjoy!
Bruce

Last edited:
Reaction score
Bruce that Pali Leia looks to be in gorgeous shape. Kudos. The others ain't to shabby either. Merry Christmas.

Grant,

Reaction score
Bruce,

Nice Leia runs! I like them all, but I'm especially partial to the Leia Hoth Palitoy 41B ... just beautiful! The Meccano 20B isn't so shabby either!
Thanks for sharing!

Reaction score
That's on jaw dropping run. Very impressive to keep your focus. Even with my small collection I could never do it. Love to see the childhood figure in there, because really isn't that what it started it for all of us?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wow Bruce, the collection looks fantastic. I really like the non-US moc that you have found, they all look great together. Keep up the great work!

Reaction score
Hi Bruce

I have this ROTJ Leia moc with barcode stikcer on the back . I have not seen it on other CB or moc's before .
Do you or any one else have the story or an idea to why it was put there / changed ?

If it was after it left Kenner ,then the store could just have change the price in the computer . It would be much more work to make and change the barcode on all moc's with stickers . Unles the barcode by mistake was made the same as say an AT AT :D Then it would not have worked just changing the barcode .

So it beats me

Reaction score
Hi Bruce

I have this ROTJ Leia moc with barcode stikcer on the back . I have not seen it on other CB or moc's before .
Do you or any one else have the story or an idea to why it was put there / changed ?

If it was after it left Kenner ,then the store could just have change the price in the computer . It would be much more work to make and change the barcode on all moc's with stickers . Unles the barcode by mistake was made the same as say an AT AT :D Then it would not have worked just changing the barcode .

So it beats me
I've never seen this done before. It does seem strange that Kenner would take the time to do something like this, but it might have been done to cover a printing error. It would have been cheaper just to cover an error with a sticker than to repackage the figures. I have owned ROTJ figures in the past that had black stickers on the front of the card (on the top left) used to cover/change "assortment" numbers, so maybe it was done "in house" at Kenner.
That's just my theory, of course. I've been wrong before. ;)

Reaction score
I love this collection. I can't find the yoda topps candy heads and store display anywhere. Congrats on such a great collection.

Reaction score
Proof card, bootlegs, 2pack & more added to MOC Leia Collection

Haven't had an update in a while so here goes!

Kenner 20G, 21C, 21G, 45A, and Kaybee 2 pack
Yes, I think I'm going to go for a "run" of Kenner MOC Leias. I'll probably never finish, but, I enjoy a challenge. ;)

Hungarian MOC bootleg red card, green gun
I really like that green gun.

Polish unarticulated white and blue bootlegs, 3rd gen bootleg (w/cape)

Kenner 65back proof card.
This proof is very cool, since the figure has never been seen on a 65 back card!

Cheers!
Bruce

Last edited:
Reaction score
Fantastic update, Bruce. Kudos on adding some killer items to your run my friend. Thanks for sharing :)

Reaction score
Got to agree with Broc. Awesome new additions there man. Whats next a 12 Back Palitoy Leia Organa ?.

Kind Regards

Grant.:)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I haven't had an update since CVI, so here goes!

ESB 41 backs from Candian Toy Fair/mulitpack
The great Skye Paine found the first one for me at Celebration, and re-sold it to me for a very, very low price. I didn't even see it on the dealer's floor, and he bought it specifically for me. Super cool of him to do that, so a very big thanks to Skye! :)
I picked up the second one off of eBay. I like the minimal damage to the cardback on the second one.

Also, at Celebration, I got a bagged Kenner micro Leia figure from the awesome Broc Walker! And I picked up the blue vintage Japanese keshi figure from Andy Looney. The keshi figures were gum ball machine prizes in made by Takara in Japan.

Kenner 32A
This was my most recent purchase, and my Christmas gift to myself. The hardest of the Princess Leias for me to find on an ESB card was the 32 back. This is the LAST one I need for the ESB part of the "run" of original Princess Leia figures!

I also finally upgraded my display shelves a few months ago, to better showcase my favorite character! It's a narrow room, so I took a few photos so that you could get an idea of how it looks.

I packed away a lot of stuff, and left my favorite vintage things out for display along with my MOC Leia collection.
I really like the way the new shelves look, and I couldn't be happier with my collection right now!
Enjoy!
Bruce

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nice update, the blue vintage Japanese keshi figure looks nice.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey Bruce

Thats a really clean looking set up you have there. Congrats on the latest additions too.

Kind Regards

Grant.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've said it before, but it bears repeating, I love your display Bruce! It looks great!

And a HUGE congrats on the 32A Leia! It looks like it's in top notch condition as well!