Princess Leia Organa Focus Collection: Update!

Reaction score
Proofs, 12 back Meccano added to the Leia collection!

Welcome to my MOC Leia focus, which I have dubbed the Princess Leia Organazation!

Princess Leia Organa

Kenner 12A, 12B, 12C, 12D, Kenner 20A, Kenner 20G, Kenner 20H, Kenner 21B, Kenner 21C

Kenner 21G, Kenner 31B, Kenner 32A, Kenner 41A, Kenner 41C, Kenner 41E

Kenner 45A, Kenner 47A, Kenner 48D, Kenner 77A, Kenner 77A w/ free coin sticker, Kenner 2 packs

Meccano 12 back, Harbert 12 back,Takara (Kenner 12B ), Meccano 20A, Canada 20B

Canadian 41, Palitoy 41 (reseal), German GM 45 back, Trilogo, Glasslite POTF, Hungarian

Polish unarticulated pink, and white bootlegs. Polish white (with pinned arms), blue, and 3rd gen bootleg (w/cape)

Mexican 8" hollow body, articulated knock off doll

Pre-Production

First Shot Princess Leia Organa

With hand painted details, she is hand glued. She has no Coo, no date, no copyright, with hand cut cape made of thinner material

Proofs/slide

12B proof, 31B proof, 45A proof, 65A proof, 35mm Kenner internal slide

Princess Leia Organa Large size action figure

Boxed Kenner figure, first shot hair brush (from The Earth)

Kenner 4"x5" negative for the image used on the Princess Leia vintage 12" figure box, along side a print made from that negative, printed by Kim Simmons. This image was used on the figure box, as well as in the small catalogs for early Kenner SW products.

Kenner 4" x 5" photo transparencies for the 12" Princess Leia hair styles, pictured on the back of the 12" Leia box and in the hair styling booklet.

First two images show prototype belt with holster attachment, with a Han blaster. Not published by Kenner. Last three are also alternate shots of the figure that Kenner did not publish.

Princess Leia (Hoth/Bespin/Boushh/Endor)

Hoth Leia Trilogo & German 45 back, Bespin Leia Trilogo, Boushh Leia Trilogo, Endor Leia Trilogo

Princess Leia Bespin Mexican bootlegs (loose), Mexican "walking pose" bootleg

Other Vintage Princess Leia items:

Craft items:

LeeWard's Suncather, Craft Master Paint by number set, Craft Master Figurine, bootleg/knock off DIY lamps

Bath/Beauty:

Omni Cosmetics Beauty Bag, Omni Soap, Omni Bubble Bath,ROTJ flip open comb, and Oral B toothbrush
Yes, I own a beauty bag. *sigh*
Moving on.

School supplies:

Ford & Sons scented eraser, Helix pencil case, Helix eraser, Mead folder, Mead notebook, Letraset Leia jotter

Miscellaneous:

Ben Cooper costume, Costume with sticker (x2), 2 Coca-Cola cups, Deka cup, Factors pin, Bootleg prismatic pin, 1983 VHS SNL hosted by Carrie Fisher, ROTJ puffy stickers

Topps sugarless gum + "pin ups", Japanese bottle caps

Iron-ons:

Mini-figures:

Micro collection Princess Leia, blue Japanese Keishi mini-figure

The new display!

And then there is this:

The one that started it all, my childhood Leia figure. She only had one eyebrow left, and a very yellow torso, so I "restored" her by simply painting her torso white with acrylic paint, and repainting her facial features (I really didn't want to do the peroxide soak method). And I bought an original vintage cape to complete her ensemble.

This was the first Kenner Star Wars figure that I got as a kid, which might explain my fascination with the character.

Enjoy!
Bruce

Last edited:
Reaction score
Re: MOC Leia Collection and Toy Room Update 4/09/10

Nice collection Bruce

Can we get some more photo's of your Alien Proto's?
Thanks for the share.

Reaction score

You are my kind of decorator! I love all the boxes crammed together like that, It is so much fun to look at! : )

Reaction score

Joshua_A said:
Nice collection Bruce

Can we get some more photo's of your Alien Proto's?
Thanks for the share.
Thanks, Joshua. There is a really detailed post about the prototypes at behindthetoys.com .

StrWrzHouston said:
You are my kind of decorator! I love all the boxes crammed together like that, It is so much fun to look at! : )
lol! Thanks! I know it's really, really crowded. Believe it or not, these photos were taken after I went through and rearranged stuff, taking out a lot of crap, and put my loose ships in storage. My loose Imperial shuttle was totally blocking the boxed Death Star, so it had to go. This is probably the least crowded the collection has looked in a long time.

Reaction score

Very nice Bruce! I was expecting to see some velvet pictures on the walls though!

Reaction score

that is a great collection and a nice variety of pieces
by the way, he just did not photograph the velvet pictures but they are there

Reaction score
Re: MOC Leia Collection and Toy Room Update 4/09/1

Looks great Bruce! I love seeing collection pics of everything all together and this is an awesome set-up!

Reaction score

It is a beautiful sight to see all displayed together! I dream of having something like it one day!

Reaction score

It is a beautiful sight to see all displayed together! I dream of having something like it one day!

Reaction score

Reaction score

HWR

Reaction score

Great collection, both your Princess Leia focus and the collection in general.

I too like your display, reminds me a bit of walking into a toystore with all those boxed vehicles and playsets.

Reaction score

Thanks, everyone!

Joe_O said:
Very nice Bruce! I was expecting to see some velvet pictures on the walls though!
Yeah, Joe. It would be cool if I could hang paintings in here, but there isn't a lot of wall space left in this room, believe me.

knothead615 said:
that is a great collection and a nice variety of pieces
by the way, he just did not photograph the velvet pictures but they are there
Luckily, most of my paintings have sold.
Just to save what little space I have, the new paintings are stacked against the wall in another room. You can see most of them here.

Shane Turgeon said:
Looks great Bruce! I love seeing collection pics of everything all together and this is an awesome set-up!
Thanks, Shane. I'm going try to get some better "group" photos of carded "girls" this weekend. I realize that my collection is a bit overwhelming visually. I really like seeing people's collections that have everything spaced out, in big display cases. One day, I'm going to get some of those nice glass display cases...but not just yet. I got toys to buy first!

Reaction score

HWR said:
Great collection, both your Princess Leia focus and the collection in general.

I too like your display, reminds me a bit of walking into a toystore with all those boxed vehicles and playsets.
Thanks! That is exactly the "look" I'm trying for right now. I thought, if I can't make my collection look like a museum, then maybe it can look like a toy store display! I'd love to have a lot of shelf talkers, enough for each shelf. *Hmmm...*

Reaction score
Re: MOC Leia Collection and Toy Room Update 4/09/1

Nice Stormy!

It really does look like some kind of independent toy store from the 80's rammed full of goodies that your parents won't let you touch! Lol!

Reaction score
Re: MOC Leia(s) Collection (with more Palitoy!) 8/29

Okay...so I've picked up a few more Leias for my MOC "offerless" focus, which is now veering into more foreign (to USA) carded figures. I've also updated the original post with individual photos, which look a little better.

The new ones:

Leia Endor Poncho Kenner Canada 77 back
Pretty cool with the clear bubble. A lot of these have been popping up recently.

Leia Organa Hoth Outfit General Mills German 45 back (AFA 85)
I like this one a lot. Normally I don't collect graded figures, but this seemed to be the only one floating around right now.

And then, there is this, that I picked up at room sales (hall sales?) at CV:

Leia Organa Hoth Outfit Palitoy 41 back
If you were at room sales, you probably saw it. Yeah, the bubble is lifting on one side, but it's still really, really nice. And really hard to find.

That's it for now. Well, actually ...um... I have another one on the way. Stay tuned.

Enjoy!
Bruce

Reaction score

Very nice additions, BruceW! Thanks for sharing.

Reaction score

I have to say your collection really made me smile - because it looks like mine!! Very similar tastes in stuff. I LOVE the Kenner Alien boxed and of course your 12" stuff looks killer - you just need old IG man - IGGY should never be excluded from the party!
looking at you setup has made me realise I do have to have a boxed Sandcrawler again...

Reaction score

Looks good. Definitely has a bit of store display look going for it. Quite a good mix of stuff in there.

I'm digging on the boxed Kenner Alien. I think Kenner did a great design job for the figure and the box for a property that was pretty much unmarketable to kids back when it came out. Granted I would have liked it at the time, but it probably would have given most kids nightmares.

Don
who thought the Palitoy Leia was a great score, especially being pretty rare, and was thrilled to see it in person.

Reaction score

Excellent new additions Bruce

Sweet Alien stuff for sure, great to see.

Thanks for the share.

marc

Reaction score

Yep, as everyone keeps saying, your collection looks like the best toy store in the world! It's quite inspiring for a newbie like myself.

Reaction score
Re: MOC Leia(s) Collection (now w/ Lili Ledy) 1/16

Picked up two new ladies for my Leia focus!

First is General Mills German ESB Leia Bespin Gown 45 back:

And my new favorite:
Lili Ledy El Regresso del Jedi Princess Leia in combat poncho (50 back):

Cheers!
Bruce

Reaction score

Very nice Bruce! Glad to see you tracked down a Ledy for your ladies.

Reaction score

Leia is such a great focus - she has an outfit for every movie! I am particularly impressed with your General Mills and Palitoy cards.

Great stuff!

Pat

Reaction score

That's so cool, Leia a great character to focus on plus the rest of your collection! Very well displayed. Also liking the Aliens and DR Who and Kiss stuff too

Reaction score

...and forgot to add big congrats on that new Ledy Leia addition!
V nice

Reaction score

Awesome update, thanks Bruce!

incidentally, I am the proud owner of both the Slave Leia and Chewbacca Velvets!

They are amazing.

dylan

HWR

Reaction score

Great updates to a great collection. Congrats on the new additions and thanks for the share, Bruce.

Reaction score

dylbacca said:
Awesome update, thanks Bruce!

incidentally, I am the proud owner of both the Slave Leia and Chewbacca Velvets!

They are amazing.

dylan
Wow!
Thanks, Dylan!

Reaction score

The trilogo god smiled upon you when you were finding those MOC's Bruce- outstanding!

Reaction score

Wow! Amazing,

I like the Leia ROTJ comb. Ive been looking for one for ages so i can complete the set.

Amazing room, great collection

Reaction score

dylbacca said:
Joe_O said:
The trilogo god smiled upon you when you were finding those MOC's Bruce- outstanding!
Is there only 1 true trilogo God?
Lol! I guess some of us pray to inferior ones judging by Bruce's tris lol

Reaction score

Joe_O said:
dylbacca said:
Joe_O said:
Is there only 1 true trilogo God?
Lol! I guess some of us pray to inferior ones judging by Bruce's tris lol

The secret is to pray patiently, sometimes for years!