Princess Leia Organa - Cloud City Mini Bust - 2018 PGM Gift #2

Reaction score
I think I'm going to take a look around and see what else is out there. My concern is she could be made with a lazy eye because of the way her pupils are set.

Here is a picture I found of the mini bust that was taken pretty much straight on, not from below ...
Yup, the eyes could be problematic. It's a beautiful piece though.

Reaction score
I like the pose , it's different. And I think it's a nice looking bust altogether. Hopefully the finished product ends up the same. Chose her as one of my gifts.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
She is indeed a great looking sculpt, and a beautiful release by Hot Toys. That being said, PVC is a soft plastic, easily paint-able, AND, because of its soft properties, sculptors are able to get away with putting in more detail and awkward angles than when using polystone. I'm not justifying the many times a GG sculpt has had a lack of likeness, that to me has always been an oversight on their part, but in general, it is not a fair comparison, in my opinion, to expect the same amount of details that can be added to a Hot Toys figure's face to those found on a mini bust. Details on a mini bust, no matter how good the sculpt could be, will always be more subtle.
I’m only buying mini-busts now, literally that’s it..., the mini-bust will be my Bespin purchase of her, as much as I like Hot Toys & Sideshow, I don’t like plastic or mixed media, I’d rather stick with polystone as it’s my preferred material. :)

Reaction score
Thanks Julian for posting the additional picture. She's looking good.
Just getting back from vacation in Buenos Aires and Rio so I obviously didn't have time to scour the internet for additional pics.

Reaction score
After seeing the Bespin Leia bust, I've decided to make Amanaman and the Bespin Leia as my two PGM gifts. I'm having trouble ordering them though. It's telling me I can only order one pre-order item at a time. Is that right? I remember ordering the Emperor and Lobot together in one order last year. Did something change?

I'm hoping someone has a solve for this. Julian? :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
After seeing the Bespin Leia bust, I've decided to make Amanaman and the Bespin Leia as my two PGM gifts. I'm having trouble ordering them though. It's telling me I can only order one pre-order item at a time. Is that right? I remember ordering the Emperor and Lobot together in one order last year. Did something change?

I'm hoping someone has a solve for this. Julian? :)
Hey Santiago, I'm seeing now that Amanaman and the Spacetrooperr can still be added to the cart, but Leia shows as "Add to Wishlist", thus I don't know what's going on there. I think your best bet would be to give GG a call later today after they are back from lunch, sometime between 3:00 - 4:00 PM, our time here in Florida. Also, if when you add the items to your cart it shows this:

No mixed cart allowed, please checkout one pre-order product at a time.

... then order them separately, then give CS a call, possibly ask for Richard at Gentle Giant, so he can combine both items into one pre-order as it was for mine. Good luck

Edit: Nevermind about Leia. She is available. Depending on how you search for that particular item, sometimes will show "add to wish list" and other times as "pre-order".

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just getting back from vacation in Buenos Aires and Rio so I obviously didn't have time to scour the internet for additional pics.
You are welcome, Ben. Alright! So you finally made it to the Iguazu Falls? Wow! what a view that must have been. I'd like to see pictures of that. PM me or email. And I hope you had a nice trip. :)

Reaction score
Hey Santiago, I'm seeing now that Amanaman and the Spacetrooperr can still be added to the cart, but Leia shows as "Add to Wishlist", thus I don't know what's going on there. I think your best bet would be to give GG a call later today after they are back from lunch, sometime between 3:00 - 4:00 PM, our time here in Florida. Also, if when you add the items to your cart it shows this:

No mixed cart allowed, please checkout one pre-order product at a time.

... then order them separately, then give CS a call, possibly ask for Richard at Gentle Giant, so he can combine both items into one pre-order as it was for mine. Good luck

Edit: Nevermind about Leia. She is available. Depending on how you search for that particular item, sometimes will show "add to wish list" and other times as "pre-order".

Thanks, Julian. I figured it out. I had to order them from the PGM Gift Selection page instead of just adding them to my cart. Now, I'll place a separate order for the Jumbo Bib Fortuna and I'll see if they can combine them by calling customer service.

Oh and by the way, your mailbox is full and you can't receive messages. You're too popular, Julian.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nice, my wife is from Brazil. Sounds like you had an awesome time.

Reaction score
Thanks, Julian. I figured it out. I had to order them from the PGM Gift Selection page instead of just adding them to my cart. Now, I'll place a separate order for the Jumbo Bib Fortuna and I'll see if they can combine them by calling customer service.

Oh and by the way, your mailbox is full and you can't receive messages. You're too popular, Julian.
You are welcome, Santiago. Glad to know everything worked out for you! Now comes the long wait until we get them next year!

My mailbox full, nah! :) I have to admit I'm very lazy deleting old messages and answering emails. I think I have a problem. Thanks for letting me know:)

Reaction score
Nice, my wife is from Brazil. Sounds like you had an awesome time.
Cool. I did! Rio is an awesome city with some great beaches right next to the hustle and bustle of the city.

You are welcome, Ben. Alright! So you finally made it to the Iguazu Falls? Wow! what a view that must have been. I'd like to see pictures of that. PM me or email. And I hope you had a nice trip. :)
I did. The falls were amazing! I took lots of pics too. Give me a few days to get sorted and I'll email you a link to the best ones. :)

Reaction score
Need a good left profile pic of this one , as imo , that’s how it’ll have to be displayed to look right with her eye position. Looks nice though. Glad I nabbed one as my gift choice along with Amanaman.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
That’s a little better. The likeness still leaves a lot to be desired.

Reaction score
I’d prefer it if they change the eyes position but it is quite a nice looking prototype, assuming it’s not going to be what we get but I wouldn’t be unhappy with it as it currently stands..., aliens are just easier likeness wise I keep telling myself, even though last years Obi Wan bust proves they can nail it if they try hard enough.

Reaction score
I’d prefer it if they change the eyes position but it is quite a nice looking prototype, assuming it’s not going to be what we get but I wouldn’t be unhappy with it as it currently stands.
Pretty much the way I feel about it. I love the sculpt, don't really care for the eye position, but that's not a deal breaker for me.

Reaction score
I like it. Just think it'll need to be displayed turned in the direction her eyes are facing at you to avoid looking weird.

Reaction score
That’s a little better. The likeness still leaves a lot to be desired.

I tend to agree, I think it's another ehh looking human face that doesn't look like the actress / actor. But again, this isn't final I assume so it could still be improved.

Reaction score
I tend to agree, I think it's another ehh looking human face that doesn't look like the actress / actor. But again, this isn't final I assume so it could still be improved.
Yeah. The overall look of the sculpt is nice, but there is something about the face and position of the eyes that is not very convincing as far as likeness. That said, the likeness she has so far is much better than that of other Leia mini busts released previously. She is one of my "gifts" for next year, and I'm looking forward to adding her to the Bespin shelf.

Reaction score
I just preordered her separately as I had a feeling she’d turn out ok, usually just order the extra if there’s more than 2 Star Wars mini-busts, she’ll work out as the expensive one but they don’t give us too much to buy nowadays really so I can afford to keep up on new releases as they become available. :)

Reaction score
I think you'll end up being happy with her. I personally like the pose the most, although I also liked the first pose. If only they could rework the eyes a little. I'm afraid, as I said before, there is potential for a mess up with the eyes the way she is looking. So then Leia is the extra one you are paying for. I chose Amanaman and Leia as my gifts, and I'm paying for the Space Trooper.

Reaction score
Yeah. The overall look of the sculpt is nice, but there is something about the face and position of the eyes that is not very convincing as far as likeness. That said, the likeness she has so far is much better than that of other Leia mini busts released previously. She is one of my "gifts" for next year, and I'm looking forward to adding her to the Bespin shelf.
Totally agree with this. It's not quite Leia. It resembles her. And it's better than most of the other Leia busts we've gotten (perhaps with the exception of the Boushh Leia portrait).

PS Julian-Sent you a PM. :)

Reaction score
Totally agree with this. It's not quite Leia. It resembles her. And it's better than most of the other Leia busts we've gotten (perhaps with the exception of the Boushh Leia portrait).

PS Julian-Sent you a PM. :)
Sent a couple of replies to your message, Ben. The system was acting up, and I wasn't sure if you had gotten the first one. Love all the pictures from Argentina and Brazil. My God! Rio is just breathtaking. :eek:

* Yeah, the Boushh Leia portrait is pretty good. Agree.

Reaction score
I'm still loving this one, I hope it turns out as good as the prototype.
Isn't it a bit late to be promoting the PGM thought? I thought we'd already passed the cutoff for guaranteed gifts.

Reaction score
Very happy with the likeness on this one, it’s definitely going to be a great addition to my Han, Luke & Leia mini-bust shelf (I limit one of each character to a detolf so the others have their own shelf as there’s that many), sometimes I’m not so happy to see a repeat character but this one definitely speaks to me.

Thanks for doing these close up videos Daniel, very much appreciated & it’s always good to hear from you with regards to what’s happening, updates are almost as good as new announcements (of mini-busts). :)

Reaction score
I don't feel the need to thank anyone for the video. It's the least they can do considering the lack of information we get put through most of the time, and their lies to customers as I read read these boards. The eyes are an issue. It forces you to display her a certain way so you can see the pupils. The way they look to the side is a mistake and likely will be a problem. I take the video with not a grain, but a rock of salt. That sample is just the prototype and if I remember well, slave leia also looked great, but we got a completely different face on her.

Reaction score
That's always been my concern. Having said that, I'll wait until folks start receiving the mini bust to be more critical about it and how those eyes turned out. If I had a choice on what to make, I think the first pose she had was better; the eyes as well.

Reaction score
She's scheduled for the second quarter of the year along with the other PG gifts. So, sometime by April, May, if not later around June, depending on how fast that boat from China is traveling :). Hoping those eyes are done properly and won't present an issue.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hope the face turns out decent. Would be a nice addition.

Reaction score
I’ve decided to cancel my preorder as I’m limiting myself to 3 Leia’s, 1 per movie & I’m happy with my selections. :)

Reaction score
I’m assuming it’ll be May as that’s when we ended up getting our 2017 PGM gifts if I recall correctly? Terrible how it seems to get further away from the actual year they are meant to be for but only once can I recall getting our PGM gifts when we were supposed to get them. :(

Reaction score
I'm betting things will start running much smoother after DST has had time to get situated and figure out their game plan for GG. I'm guessing we'll start getting items on time again. With Chuck saying they can go from product concept to product in customers hands in 9 months , is pretty amazing !

Reaction score
They are scheduled to be released during the second quarter of the year, that being April, May and June. I wouldn't worry much about it until June has passed. If they aren't being shipped by then, well...