Princess Leia Organa (ANH) - Archive Line

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Princess Leia Organa (ANH) - Red Line #30 - will be reissued as part of the 2021 Archive Line Wave 3. Has photo-real deco

Available for pre-order beginning tomorrow, June 10th, at 1:00pm ET at most major retailers. On shelf late 2021. MSRP $22.99.

Press Images

Black-Series-Princess-Leia-Organa-ANH-Archive-Carded-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-Princess-Leia-Organa-ANH-Archive-Loose-1-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-Princess-Leia-Organa-ANH-Archive-Loose-2-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-Princess-Leia-Organa-ANH-Archive-Loose-3-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-Princess-Leia-Organa-ANH-Archive-Loose-4-Resized.jpg

HD Images

Spoiler:  
Black-Series-Princess-Leia-Organa-ANH-Archive-Carded.jpg

Black-Series-Princess-Leia-Organa-ANH-Archive-Loose-1.jpg

Black-Series-Princess-Leia-Organa-ANH-Archive-Loose-4.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
lol I am not buying this figure a fifth time Hasbro!

Reaction score
I'll bite on this one. Keeping my previous release though for sentimental reasons

Reaction score
She looks more pi55ed off with updated deco.
They can’t seem to get ANH Carrie right, which is surprising given how awesome ESB and ROTJ Carries look. I’ll stick with my non faceprint I think.

Reaction score
Nope. And its not even the head that was an issue, the figure and cloth goods are just not great. I don't know if anyone has done a good version of this Leia in 6", they all seem a little off. Just a hard likeness to get into toy form at this size?

Reaction score
They can’t seem to get ANH Carrie right, which is surprising given how awesome ESB and ROTJ Carries look. I’ll stick with my non faceprint I think.

I think I am fine with the one I have, too. So far at least.

Nope. And its not even the head that was an issue, the figure and cloth goods are just not great. I don't know if anyone has done a good version of this Leia in 6", they all seem a little off. Just a hard likeness to get into toy form at this size?

If they added cloth like the type you use for cleaning glasses/lenses etc - microfiber cloths, they are more "heavy"- I think that would drape a whole lot better. But it's probably also more costly.

Reaction score
If they added cloth like the type you use for cleaning glasses/lenses etc - microfiber cloths, they are more "heavy"- I think that would drape a whole lot better. But it's probably also more costly.

I think my issue is I come at this seeing that this is the 3rd release of this figure and costs for tooling have been well covered. Some additional money could have been thrown in to get a better look if they are going to charge the same price as a fully ground up newly tooled figure. But that's my problem, I'm thinking about this as a fan not a business or shareholder. Clearly I'm thinking I should get my money's worth and Hasbro just thinks they should get my money.

Edit: And yes, it's an Archive release, so minimal change already expected because of it.

Reaction score
I never bought the earlier versions of this figure, because they look awful, but I think I will grab this version, even though Leia does look pi55ed off. 😆

Reaction score
Now that it has been updated with more images.... is that the initial bad Leia sculpt they are trying to push on us?

Probably. Hasbro wasn't embarrassed to reuse ROTS Obi-Wan’s atrocious sculpt. Even so, this is enough of an improvement for me. ANH Leia's sculpt was never as bad as ROTS Obi-Wan’s. The new photoreal deco adds more here.

Reaction score
Probably. Hasbro wasn't embarrassed to reuse ROTS Obi-Wan’s atrocious sculpt. Even so, this is enough of an improvement for me. ANH Leia's sculpt was never as bad as ROTS Obi-Wan’s. The new photoreal deco adds more here.

It was bad and embarrasing enough for them to pull the figure from the cabinet at the con where she was revealed.

Reaction score
I don't think that's the bad sculpt. That one had really high cheekbones, and this one doesn't.

Reaction score
Had to go look at my corrected sculpt Leia. The one I have look way better than this face-print one.
It will be a pass.

(still not entirely convinced it's not the bad sculpt shown on the second image at the top - you know the saying about polishing doo doo)

Reaction score
I don't know the full story of the previous versions of this figure. I knew there was a change, but I thought it was just for the deco. There were two different sculpts, though, and the first was so bad that Hasbro pulled it? If so, why wouldn't they use the better of those two now? Oh, wait. It's Hasbro. Nothing has to make sense. 😆

Reaction score
Now that it has been updated with more images.... is that the initial bad Leia sculpt they are trying to push on us?
I don’t think so. The original one was really square faced and this one is more oval.

Reaction score
I don't know the full story of the previous versions of this figure. I knew there was a change, but I thought it was just for the deco. There were two different sculpts, though, and the first was so bad that Hasbro pulled it? If so, why wouldn't they use the better of those two now? Oh, wait. It's Hasbro. Nothing has to make sense. 😆

First one on the right

Hasbro-Star-Wars-Black-Series-40th-Anniversary-Princess-Leia-Comparison-03.jpg

Reaction score
It probably is the revised version they are releasing as archive - they ought to! But I'm not sold on the angry teen goth look on that second image.
The packaging image is ok. She looks feisty! :)
But I do think the simpler revised version actually look more like Carrie.

Reaction score
In all honesty this figure deserves an all new head sculpt, not the same old tired lipstick pig approach. This new one definitely isn't worth the now new price of $23 for basically the same figure. When/if they revisit her with a brand new head in a few years then I'll consider replacing the one I have.

Reaction score
I was sooo looking forward to this update, but not so thrilled with the images. But I know I will still get her. Hoping it looks better in hand.

Reaction score
I've got the 40th Anniversary version, and it's not bad at all, actually one of the better sculpts. But I have to say I do like the serious almost pissed off face here...

Reaction score
I'm torn on this one. I don't have this figure yet and I consider this a must have version of Leia. But even with the photo real face paint, this sculpt is lacking and not nearly as good as Hoth, Bespin escape, or Endor Leia. And I hate the cloth outfit. I really think ANH Princess Leia and farmboy Luke deserve straight up redo's with brand new sculpts, no cloth, and especially new head sculpts.

Reaction score
That last glamour shot - the one with a slight angled profile - actually looks really good. So maybe she won't look so weird and angry after all. Some of these glamour shots that Hasbro releases don't do these figures justice. I remember HATING the glamour shots for ESB Han Solo but the actual figure IRL is AMAZING!

Reaction score
These are some new pics of one of my first Black Series customs. Not one of my crowning achievements, but I still think the comic book-inspired look came out pretty cool, and looks better than the ridiculous soft goods dress. With the pending Archive release of ANH Leia, I pulled this one from the back of the shelf to look at the sculpt.

1. This is the figure where I learned how much it sucks to paint areas that include articulation - I now try to avoid at all costs.
2. The only change I made to this face (40th Anniversary version) was redoing the eyebrows, and in-hand I still like the way this figure looks.

The reason I am posting this comparison photo is to show how a simple forced flash on a cellphone photo (right) can change, worsen, and improve an action figure pic all at the same time. I have a feeling this new face paint is going to be pretty great.

To my eye, the flash in the below image does the following:
Change: No surprise, but the flash makes the face look shiny. Some TBS faces are way too shiny, flash or no flash, and it looks like this new Leia will be also, but hopefully in-hand it won't be quite so bad.

Worsen: From the flash pic, you would swear that the feet are molded from plastic that does not match the ankles (which could elicit comments like "Come on, Hasbro!! How hard can it be??"), but in reality, and I have several copies of this figure, there is no discernible difference in color, sheen, or material.

Improve: Shape of her face without the flash seems a little off ("What's with the wide chin, Hasbro??"), but with the flash the shape suddenly seems more accurate and lifelike. Maybe the chin isn't too bad after all...

Definitely hoping for the best with this new release.

Leia Comic Custom flash compare.jpg

Reaction score
Yep.

Not a perfect 1977 Carrie Fisher and a bit too shiny, but I like it a lot. I'm happy to see these pics. Excellent improvement.

1626818671795.png

Reaction score
I think with a coat of dullcote on the whole face and maybe some gentle customizing to remove some of the heavy mascara. I’m still sticking with my SH Leia but this one is loads better than the past.