Princess Leia (Ewok Village) - ROTJ#09

Reaction score
Well, I guess this explains why the comic book Leia had the wrong hair.

They clearly just borrowed the headsculpt forward from this figure - everything from the headband back looks to be a separate hair piece, and so they just swapped that hair piece for a different one to get the comic book head. The face print itself is ever so slightly different, but the sculpt of the face and the front hairline is identical.

It was one of the possibilities I'd wondered about. But it also means the figure is now more like 90% reuse rather than 75% so....

I'm still kinda surprised we're getting this before the Bespin Gown outfit, which I think gets marginally more screen time and shares a head with the Bespin Escape Leia they released.

But I guess this also means we're only two figures away from having every possible OT Leia look out there (Bespin and Medical Frigate still to go)

Reaction score
I know the head sculpt is a re-use but it really doesn't work for ROTJ Leia. Carrie had a thinner face in ROTJ, and to be quite honest, I don't think the head sculpt looks all that much like her appearance in TESB, either.

That said, I'll pick her up. It'll be our one shot at this outfit. Doesn't this leave the Bespin Gown Leia as the only Leia un-produced from the OT?

EDIT: Read above we're also missing Medical Frigate Leia. Personally I could do without that one.

GNT

Reaction score
I love it, she looks spot on And might be the best Leia they’ve released in this scale. Nice details and accessories.

Reaction score
Yep - I’m keen to pick this one up.

BTW: the rumour I heard re: Leia’s outfit is that it belonged to a former captive who was previously (and literally) eaten by Ewoks?

Anyone else?

[crickets]

Edited to clarify statement…

Last edited:
Reaction score
I always just assumed they made it for her upon her arrival to their village.

I wish she had a softer expression for this look, but I will still most likely get it. However, I fully expect Hasbro to double-dip this one though for the ROTJ 40th as a deluxe set with Wicket, instead of a single-carded Wicket.

Reaction score
Not feeling this one. The anger in her face and stance don't mesh at all with Leia's scenes in this outfit. Instead of trying to reason with the ewoks to free her friends, she looks ready to start kicking teddy bear butt.

Reaction score
I always just assumed they made it for her upon her arrival to their village.

I wish she had a softer expression for this look, but I will still most likely get it. However, I fully expect Hasbro to double-dip this one though for the ROTJ 40th as a deluxe set with Wicket, instead of a single-carded Wicket.
My exact thoughts on both counts. If the ewoks can fight stormtroopers, I'm sure they can whip up a human size garment in a matter of hours.
:)

This was not a figure I was dying to own to begin with, but the facial expression really doesn't make me want it any more.
I've got lots of great looking Leia figures at this point.
Just waiting on the Bespin Gown now! :love:

Reaction score
I imagine that just like they used the Forces of Destiny shorts to determine her accessories, they used her appearance there to sculpt the facial features.

That being true, the Hasbro Star Wars team really doesn't understand who buys these figures.

Reaction score
I know the head sculpt is a re-use but it really doesn't work for ROTJ Leia. Carrie had a thinner face in ROTJ, and to be quite honest, I don't think the head sculpt looks all that much like her appearance in TESB, either.

That said, I'll pick her up. It'll be our one shot at this outfit. Doesn't this leave the Bespin Gown Leia as the only Leia un-produced from the OT?

EDIT: Read above we're also missing Medical Frigate Leia. Personally I could do without that one.
Good point. HT refined the headsculpt from Hoth to Bespin to Endor Leia and the Endor one had the thinnest face.

Reaction score
Wood Elf Leia.

Good chance she will end up on a cardback for next years ROTJ anniversary or will bubbles no longer be a thing then🤔

Reaction score
I imagine that just like they used the Forces of Destiny shorts to determine her accessories, they used her appearance there to sculpt the facial features.
The final product does look very cartoony all around. It’s like they forgot to look at ROTJ reference pictures too.

It’s a pass for me, but then again I’m not an Ewok collector either.

Reaction score
Something about the face looks off. I don't need this figure. Poncho Leia is the better looking Endor Leia figure.

Reaction score
I fear they’ve posed the figure with the elbows bent in every photo to disguise the face that they’ve made the torso too short and head slightly too big. In short, arms are too long :(

still, as toys go, it’s a cool figure and is a huge upgrade to any version of this we had in the 90’s or beyond.

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
I fear they’ve posed the figure with the elbows bent in every photo to disguise the face that they’ve made the torso too short and head slightly too big. In short, arms are too long :(
Not every photo. Body dimensions look fine to me.

Black-Series-Princess-Leia-Ewok-Village-ROTJ-Loose-1-Resized.jpg

Reaction score
This is possibly the angriest face sculpt I've ever seen.

Every time I see a pic of this thing scowling at me I think "Geez, what did I do??"

I don't remember Leia ever having that expression in the entire trilogy, let alone in this outfit. In fact, she was generally happy in this outfit cause during its brief screen time she was reunited with her friends. (Yes, she was sad in the scenes with Luke, but she didn't look like she wanted to tear his head off.)

What an awful head sculpt. I don't see "Ewok Dress Leia" at all....all I can see is "Resting ***** Face Leia." Yeesh.

Reaction score
This is possibly the angriest face sculpt I've ever seen.

Every time I see a pic of this thing scowling at me I think "Geez, what did I do??"

I don't remember Leia ever having that expression in the entire trilogy, let alone in this outfit. In fact, she was generally happy in this outfit cause during its brief screen time she was reunited with her friends. (Yes, she was sad in the scenes with Luke, but she didn't look like she wanted to tear his head off.)

What an awful head sculpt. I don't see "Ewok Dress Leia" at all....all I can see is "Resting ***** Face Leia." Yeesh.

Well, apparently her accessories are inspired by her appearance in Forces of Destiny. Did she have resting b**** face in that series? It wouldn't surprise me.

Reaction score
Hey, how ya doing? My name's Jack. What's your name?

Black-Series-Princess-Leia-Ewok-Village-ROTJ-Loose-1.jpg

Uhhh. I see you're reading "Eat, Pray, Love." How is it?

Is that your car outside? Love the color. I was thinking of getting a Hybrid myself. How's it handle?

Well. Uh. OK. Have a nice day, I suppose....

(geez, wtf did I do? eh....maybe she has Daddy issues or something.....)

Reaction score
As others have said, this would have been a perfect opportunity for a Dagobah Luke/Yoda esque 2 pack that I could have supported. Then a 3PO with diety chair and another Ewok as another pack.
Here's something I would love to see....
Hasbro has, through the years tried to get the "girls" market, especially with the Forces of Destiny line. I actually thought that line of dolls was really well done, but they need to take a step back to years ago when they had did the Princess collection of action figures with the Leia 2 packs. I would love to see Leia, Amidala, etc, in Black series versions, that fit exactly into the line, but they can market them more as a younger female line if they want. Pretty much everthing they released in the Forces of Destiny Line would be amazing Black series releases,as a sub line. A lot would just be repacks for them, like Sabine, Hera, etc, and could have new Padme looks we might not get or Leia, like this Ewok Leia. Then at least the line also integrates into the main black series line, if little girls want other figures to use with them, or grown men want girl figures for their collection. LOL A great line of female centric figures doesn't need to be a stand alone line where nothing matches like forces of destiny. Rerelease the same things in different packaging if it means we can get more "cute" things like ewoks, etc.

Rambling for sure, just thinking out loud.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
It’s tough for me to get excited with every new figure reveal, since I have to consider them online only at a higher cost. Distribution and the prevalence of Lando figures of all kinds make this unlikely to get to the store, just like the last several black series figures…

Reaction score
Got an email from amazon saying that this should be shipping this week & arriving by Friday!

Reaction score
Got an email from amazon saying that this should be shipping this week & arriving by Friday!
me too, last night (edit..actual eta is mid next week, was confused w/ recent prime order eta)...kinda funny, amazon is processing my older non prime orders b4 my prime orders w/ 2daydelivery from last night, lol

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just got my shipping notice. Set to arrive tomorrow. Hopefully the rest of the wave ships soon too

Reaction score
Received my Leia this morning from Amazon. Luckily I am a opener, her packaging is a little crunched but the Amazon packaging was great (air pillows and plenty of space)