Princess Leia - Endor - SL28

Reaction score
Has anyone tried a head swap on this figure to an unhelmeted head? I already did so on my Endor Luke figure and I'm pretty pleased with the results. I'd LIKE to try it on this figure but I don't know what would make a suitable donor head.

Reaction score
Leia has a reverse joint. An almost ball joint head so you'd want to use a ball joint head for your swap. Probably a SA Leia Endor head.

Reaction score
This one might work. It's a slightly larger sized figure, but the head looks a little undersized. It also has a strait neck peg, rather than a ball joint, so I think this is your best bet

Reaction score
That one will not work. Not unless you want to spend a ton of time drilling out the head.

The SL Leia uses a reverse style neck post. Meaning just like in normal Ball-joint heads, the neck post sticks out of the torso and is inserted into a hollow head. It's the same as the SL PT Yoda. Basically an unintentional limited range of motion Ball Joint. So the only head that will fit without a lot of work is a head from a Ball Joint figure. So, you're left with TVC/VOTC Leia Endor as your only option.

The problem is the sockets probably wont match.

This will not be as easy of a custom as your Luke Endor unfortunately.

Another option would be to pop SL Leia's head off, cut off the neck post, drill a hole in the torso where you cut the neck post off for the new neck joint and put the head from above in it. Then you have another problem on your hand as the above figure is going to have a much larger head. That POTJ Leia was a much larger figure than the SL Leia. That was before they started scaling Leia closer to her actual height.

Reaction score
Shouldn't take a "ton" of time, with a Dremel it should only take about 10-15 minutes.

Reaction score
I never boil and pop those older figures anyways, I just cut it off at the base of the neck. Or are you talking about the newer figure?

Reaction score
That's because you're probably swapping to a ball joint head. I boil and pop when I'm going to swap a head to another swivel style head. For instance, boiled the MS Bespin Luke head and put it on the Saga Luke Body. I need the swivel joint intact.

Reaction score
Yeah, I had figured the ball jointed head might be a good figure to use as it would require less modification, I'm just concerned about the skin tone matching.

The Endor Luke was an interesting head swap because it wasn't a straight head swap, lol. I actually needed to transplant the black collar from the donor heads body to fill in the neck area, otherwise he looks pencil necked. It worked very well in the end, so a lot of drilling and cutting isn't going to scare me, I'm just wondering what head would look right on the new body.

Reaction score
Is that the original head that comes with the figure? Looks good, may have to get that one.

Reaction score
Someone asked for it and I was curious, so I did it. The head looks fine but the helmet is too big for this body. I wonder how the vintage one fits... Still, the original head looks bad on many levels and this may be a viable alternative, not sure yet.

For those wondering if the Hoth Leia head fits better, well, it doesn't. It's too big, but the skin color matches better.

IMG_1198 by Super Amigo, on Flickr

IMG_1199 by Super Amigo, on Flickr

IMG_1200 by Super Amigo, on Flickr

Reaction score
I FINALLY got around to taking this picture now that we're all moved and I found my camera. So here's the head swap if you're still curious:

http://i68.tinypic.com/j0vdhy.jpg

Like I said, this isn't a straight head swap. I wound up taking the upper torso and cutting away the collar of his shirt to the same area as the little shelf the head would stop at inside, then gluing it to the inside of the shelf of the new torso so it fills in around his neck more, otherwise hehis neck tapers in towards the bottom and looks bad, lol.

Reaction score
Someone asked for it and I was curious, so I did it. The head looks fine but the helmet is too big for this body. I wonder how the vintage one fits... Still, the original head looks bad on many levels and this may be a viable alternative, not sure yet.

For those wondering if the Hoth Leia head fits better, well, it doesn't. It's too big, but the skin color matches better.

IMG_1198 by Super Amigo, on Flickr

IMG_1199 by Super Amigo, on Flickr

IMG_1200 by Super Amigo, on Flickr
I like it! I may have to try this one...also I didn't link the image correctly to my Luke so here it is again...really a shame we can't edit posts here: