Price Increase .... To expensive?

GNT

Reaction score
The subject has been slightly touched on over in the TAC section but thought I'd post it here as well since it's a new section.

Hasbro have posted a media release here with details of the new toy producs coming this year. The Clone Wars figures will retail for $7.99 each.

Do you feel Hasbro has gone past what they should be charging? Will the cost factor into you buying this line?

Thoughts on the increase?

Reaction score
It will curb how much I buy. Especially with the amount of excellent items we will be offered. Everything is going up in price around these parts. Except my salary so it is time to cut back.

Reaction score
I said this in the 30th Anniversary portion of this discussion. But I'll say it here too.

As long as Hasbro can justify the increase by providing us with top-notch articulation, better sculpts and great figures, I have no problem with paying another dollar per figure.

Now, if they keep inundating us with rehash upon rehash of out-dated molds and figures that have literally been done to death, that is where this collector strictly draws the line.

Reaction score
Hopefully that's just an MSRP and not what we'll see them actually going for at Target, WalMart, TRU... but I'm sure places like K-Mart, Kaybee and Kohls (gee what's with the K-Names weird) will charge 7.99 or more like they do now. Hell Kaybee charges that much NOW.

But then the SW TF's and such are the same everywhere. Unless its because big box retailers can buy in big quantities the retail drops to the 6.99 retail we know and loathe. I do wish they'd go back below 6 considering other lines can do it too, INCLUDING GI-JOE!!!!

Reaction score
Jedi_matt_c said:
GNT said:
retail for $7.99 each.
Ha ha don't make us Brits and Europeans laugh, thats still about $4 less than we pay without any increase, which may happen
Oh, look who thinks they have it bad
. We have to pay about $13-14 US for our figures without a increase, that's $5-6 more. And in some places now prices are being pushed up to $17 or $16 AUS which is about $14-16 US. That's $6-8 more than the US. So before you guys start complaining think of us Aussies

Reaction score
Price Increase + Action Features + Animated Styling = more money to spend on AT-TE and Millennium Falcon 2008

Reaction score
Commander_Gray said:
Jedi_matt_c said:
GNT said:
retail for $7.99 each.
Ha ha don't make us Brits and Europeans laugh, thats still about $4 less than we pay without any increase, which may happen
. We have to pay about $13-14 US for our figures without a increase, that's $5-6 more. And in some places now prices are being pushed up to $17 or $16 AUS which is about $14-16 US. That's $6-8 more than the US. So before you guys start complaining think of us Aussies
i was going to say just abotu everywhere out side the USA, but i didnt know you paid that much, for us its abotu $12-15 i think depedning on where they come from.

Reaction score
I really don't like Hasbro's pricing. Everywhere should pay the same amount. It's not like we get any better quality than what the Americans get is it? So where does all this extra money go to? Hasbro's bank account I take it.

EDIT: Actually, we haven't had a price increase in a while, we have been paying the £5.99 price tag for a while now (Since OTC I believe).

Reaction score
After the concussion my wallet received last year at the hands of TAC, I have decided that 2008 will be a more selective purchase year for me. The price of things keeps climbing and the income is not so it's time for a breather.

Reaction score
I always thought it was because Hasbro is a US based company (are they aren't they
). But the US always seem to get stuff cheap. It could also be becuase (refering to Australia only) the US dollar used to be alot stronger than the Aussie dollar and $15 AUS was the US amount converted fairly into Aussie dollars. But retailers have never seemed to go with the exchange rate and it has stayed at $15. I have grown up with the $15 star wars figures so I just go with it as it is all I have ever know

Reaction score
Jedi_matt_c said:
Commander_Gray said:
Jedi_matt_c said:
GNT said:
retail for $7.99 each.
i was going to say just abotu everywhere out side the USA, but i didnt know you paid that much, for us its abotu $12-15 i think depedning on where they come from.
it's like an old Monty Python sketch "we pay loads more for toys than you do" and "well we pay even more" and "well we have to give all our money to Hasbro just to even see a figure".

I can't speak for the rest of the world, but I live in the UK, and we pay over the odds for EVERYTHING here, not just toys but petrol, bread, milk etc. The reason? Well the British never get off their behinds and do anything about it. Us Brits will put up with any old sh*t.

Still "oh a dollar increase in price oh no!", heck a dollar that's 50p to us, and let me tell you 50p buys nothing in the UK anymore, you might just about get a Mars bar but you'd have little change.

Look if Hasbro didn't make HUGE PROFITS out of us, then they wouldn't make Star Wars figures, they'd sell sandwiches or something. Toys are a luxury item, especially if they're not being bought by or for a kid.

If eight bucks is too much than I understand stop buying them, just don't stop buying bread and milk or paying the gas bill in order to get toys.

I can afford to buy toys, coz I'm an uber-nerd (I'm single and still live at home with my folks). I'm constantly amazed at the numbers of folks here who having mortages and kids of their own, and yet can still somehow buy Star Wars figures. The mind boogles it really does.

You know who I feel sorry for? Kids like Commander Gray et al, who just want a few Star Wars toys to help them enjoy their childhood, they're the people really hurt by price hikes ... the kids.

I used to pay around about a quid each for SW figures as a kid back in the Palitoy days of late 70s and early 80s. I collected figures from 78 to 84, and I never had a full set and trust me back then we got a dozen figures a year if we were lucky.

Hasbro talk about attracting a new generation of fans, yet pump out dozens of figures each year and seem to raise the price each year. I had hopes and dreams as a kid that one day I'd have a full set of SW figures. Nowadays it's a wonder kids even try, but I'm glad some do, especially the Commander Gray down under in Oz. His dedication to the cause knows no bounds, more power to you kid.

Reaction score
Space_Guard said:
I really don't like Hasbro's pricing. Everywhere should pay the same amount. It's not like we get any better quality than what the Americans get is it? So where does all this extra money go to? Hasbro's bank account I take it.

EDIT: Actually, we haven't had a price increase in a while, we have been paying the £5.99 price tag for a while now (Since OTC I believe).
actaully the RRP is £6.99, the retailers have just swallowed that i think

Reaction score
Yer, it's kids like me and Commander_Gray who just want toys to occupy ourselves. I only get an allowance of £4 a week (the 'only' part is debatable) but that means I can only afford 1 star wars figure a week. I can't really army-build, buy an AT-TE, buy the whole line of figures so when the prices go up, it has a knock on effect. It means I can buy less figures which means that us kids miss out.

Reaction score
Space_Guard said:
Yer, it's kids like me and Commander_Gray who just want toys to occupy ourselves. I only get an allowance of £4 a week (the 'only' part is debatable) but that means I can only afford 1 star wars figure a week. I can't really army-build, buy an AT-TE, buy the whole line of figures so when the prices go up, it has a knock on effect. It means I can buy less figures which means that us kids miss out.
Still a figure a week is still quite good, but Hasbro still put out over 60 figures a year lately.

I couldn't troop build as a kid either, I was only allowed to buy a second Stormtrooper when the chest broke and the arm fell off my first one.

I'm curious where do kids like yourself see as the main point of your Star Wars collection? Do you collect ROTS onwards or do you try for all the prequels? I imagine the thought of going for a whole saga collection would be quite daunting

Reaction score
$8 is just too much for me. I just can't buy the same number of figures I bought last year for that big of a price. I haven't been able to get a job, because most places around me don't hire people my age, and all who do never had an opening. I'll have to cut back, which sucks. A lot. I love collecting the figures, and I don't want to cut back because they are too much.

pocoyo_joe said:
I'm curious where do kids like yourself see as the main point of your Star Wars collection? Do you collect ROTS onwards or do you try for all the prequels? I imagine the thought of going for a whole saga collection would be quite daunting
OK, I know this was for Space Guard, but I want to answer anyway. I love every part of the Saga, PT, OT and the EU, so I collect from all of them. But now, I don't know if I can keep up any more. Price increases and random dumping of figures sucks,

Way to attract us kids, Hasbro.

Reaction score
I for sure will not army build anymore. I probably will get two of every clone trooper instead of the 15 each I used to buy.

darthm1970

Reaction score
Mike_S said:
Hasbro owns GI JOE - they don't own SW.
GL has to get his cut of the toys, that's why they're more.
So what, that excuse has been thrown around for years. It's not like the contract has an increase in his cut each year or each promotion. they're locked in, Lucas gets the same standard cut regardless if it's ROTS, TAC, Saga, Clone Wars, whatever. Hasbro's just making up for the loss they took on releasing 342 versions of Vader last year.

Reaction score
JediJunkie247 said:
I said this in the 30th Anniversary portion of this discussion. But I'll say it here too.

As long as Hasbro can justify the increase by providing us with top-notch articulation, better sculpts and great figures, I have no problem with paying another dollar per figure.

Now, if they keep inundating us with rehash upon rehash of out-dated molds and figures that have literally been done to death, that is where this collector strictly draws the line.
This is similar to what I feel - but if they are raising the price I will be more selective. I look at it this way, I personally was able to acquire a large number of the TAC line from Walmart at the price point of $5.88. I was able to do this because I was a smart shopper - I bought the figs I wanted when I saw them, I do not open immediately (since they are for my son anyway), and I keep looking for the best deal and do returns when needed. I know some members may not agree with this, but I call it smart collecting/shopping.

With that said, jumping from acquiring most of my figs at $5.88, then jumping to $7.99, is quite a jump. Plus, Hasbro is making some kick [censored] GI Joe figs which I have also started collecting.

Only bottom line outcome for me, and others I am sure, is more selective figure purchases.

Reaction score
darthm1970 said:
I for sure will not army build anymore. I probably will get two of every clone trooper instead of the 15 each I used to buy.

darthm1970
Wow I thought I was bad for troop building coz I normally get 4 of each trooper I like, but 15!!!!!

Curious, why 15? I go for 4 coz it's an even number and 4 look good as a guard for a prisoner or important person like the Emperor or Vader.

Reaction score
SSIntimidator said:
So what, that excuse has been thrown around for years. It's not like the contract has an increase in his cut each year or each promotion. they're locked in, Lucas gets the same standard cut regardless if it's ROTS, TAC, Saga, Clone Wars, whatever. Hasbro's just making up for the loss they took on releasing 342 versions of Vader last year.
I don't doubt what you're saying, but I find it curious as to how you have any idea what the contract is structured like? There certainly could be annual incremental increases in his "cut." You just don't know. And besides, didn't Hasbro just have to buy back a certain percentage of the shares that Lucas owned within the last year? That was a part of the deal we knew nothing about until it happened.

Reaction score
Star_Wars_Paul said:
I don't doubt what you're saying, but I find it curious as to how you have any idea what the contract is structured like? There certainly could be annual incremental increases in his "cut." You just don't know. And besides, didn't Hasbro just have to buy back a certain percentage of the shares that Lucas owned within the last year? That was a part of the deal we knew nothing about until it happened.
Actually this is info that's been available to all of us for 8 years or so. There were three big payments due when the prequel movies hit theaters. When Hasbro negotiated for the 10 year extension (taking the license out to 2018) the total payment was actually negotiated down due to the poor performance of the EP1 line. The buyback option on the stock was part of the deal, when/if Hasbro exercised it wasn't known and they actually had a couple years left before they had to make the decision. Apparently they were in a decent financial place and figured it was a good time to do it.

I've heard rumors that there's additional licensing fees paid on individual toys above what the overall license called for but I've never found documentation that supports that. The rest; stock repurchase option, license fees, 10 year contract extension, etc is all available on-line.

E...

Reaction score
In order to afford the new price tag I may have to consider either: selling off some the "extras" of my current collection; be more selective in my purchases; consider not purchasing anything fromt he new line(s) -yeah right...lol, like that's going to happen!

Not sure which way to go with this. ?????

I have two young boys (currently ages 9-1/2 and 7) and they love the hobby. Would hate to cut them off (and in all likihood won't) as they are REALLY looking forward to the new movie and line. If I did not have kids, I would probably not continue given the jacked up price point.

Reaction score
pocoyo_joe said:
Space_Guard said:
Still a figure a week is still quite good, but Hasbro still put out over 60 figures a year lately.

I couldn't troop build as a kid either, I was only allowed to buy a second Stormtrooper when the chest broke and the arm fell off my first one.

I go for troops and main characters. I only go for main characters if I feel that they are definative enough (like EVO vader, that'll be my definative vader). I bought both the Anakin and Sith EVO sets as I feel that the figures in those sets are definative enough (apart from ROTS Anakin). I have around £100 left from my birthday that has to last the whole year, £50 will go towards the SSC Sidious and Palps so that leaves me with £50+pocket money to buy things for the rest of the year. I did buy 3 Galactic Marines though, but that's because I knew that there were only 3/4 figures I wanted from waves 2-4. As I collect both Hasbro and Sideshow (only a few sideshow, out of the five I own I have only bought 1, and that was on sale for £25). With the new halo line coming out as well I can see that I might have to stick to one area this year, so my collection will mainly revolve around TFU this year. I will still pick up several CW figures and MAYBE a few Droid factory figures (if they are of key characters or troops).

So if your yearly budget for this hobby is around £/$1000, just think about the few kid collectors on this site who will not be able to buy everything each year.

Reaction score
I was already planning on cutting back on the amount of figures I buy this year, and the price increase only encourages my resolve. As some have mentioned above, if Hasbro justifies the price increase with superior product, then I'm otherwise okay with it.

Reaction score
Space_Guard said:
pocoyo_joe said:
Space_Guard said:

I go for troops and main characters. I only go for main characters if I feel that they are definative enough (like EVO vader, that'll be my definative vader). I bought both the Anakin and Sith EVO sets as I feel that the figures in those sets are definative enough (apart from ROTS Anakin). I have around £100 left from my birthday that has to last the whole year, £50 will go towards the SSC Sidious and Palps so that leaves me with £50+pocket money to buy things for the rest of the year. I did buy 3 Galactic Marines though, but that's because I knew that there were only 3/4 figures I wanted from waves 2-4. As I collect both Hasbro and Sideshow (only a few sideshow, out of the five I own I have only bought 1, and that was on sale for £25). With the new halo line coming out as well I can see that I might have to stick to one area this year, so my collection will mainly revolve around TFU this year. I will still pick up several CW figures and MAYBE a few Droid factory figures (if they are of key characters or troops).

So if your yearly budget for this hobby is around £/$1000, just think about the few kid collectors on this site who will not be able to buy everything each year.
As a kid I used to just buy my favourite characters, until one day in 1984 I looked at a cardback and discovered I was only a dozen or so figures short of the whole lot, then a suddenly wanted to get the missing few, dudes like R5-D4, Snaggletooth, Ugnaught et al.

Trust me in order to keep on top of my SW collecting needs I spend more than £1000 a year, but I'm lucky (some would argue sad) enough to be able to do that and not go hungry/homeless.

Still it a shame your generation doesn't have the playsets we had, plus most vehicles from our movies got made into toys, a lot of the prequel ships never got made.

I just hope you don't end up trying to do what I did when I got older and had money enough of my own, and start to fill the gaps in your youthful collection.

I feel for you kids today, I never really thought Kenner/Palitoy put out too much for us to get and I could afford to buy 90% of the figures that came out each year. Didn't get all the playsets and vehicles but got the most important ones (Falcon, X-wing, AT-AT etc).

However if you're on a budget it's hard to support 2 lines, which would have to go 12-inch or 3 and 3/4-inch?

Reaction score
I'm not surprised by the price increase at all. I wholly expected it. Just another reason, though, that I'm glad I've chosen to change my collecting this year.

I've been a completist, and have everything vintage and modern, through end of 2007... but starting this year, I've decided to pass on any repacks, repaints, and multipacks. I'm pretty much going to stick to new, as yet unproduced, movie figures on card (+ the AT-TE and Spider Homing Droid, I've been wanting for so long). Basicly, things I'll actually be excited about when I find/buy them.

With that, price increases, although bad, won't hit me too bad. The ROTJ wave will result in me buying around 3 figs only of the wave. Wave 2 zilch. I just found Wave 1 and bought only the 4 new figures. I don't know if I'll even be picking up any of the Clone Wars figures until I see how they look and what figures there are... after 30 years of collecting this stuff, I'm out of room, out of magic, and 2007's massive collecting cost has left me with the desire to significantly scale back. I guess someday I can go back and fill in the holes I may miss, probably at lesser cost than retail, when Hasbro finally scales back on production or the line ends...

Reaction score
If it came down to it, I would have to say i would probably get rid of SSC. They're at least £30-£40 each now and steadily rising. 3 3/4 will always be a part of my collection because they are cheaper and easier to find. 12" on the other hand offer a larger, more posable and more accurate representation of characters. I only buy the main characters for the 12". The good thing about SSC is that once they release a figure they rarely go back and od it again, so it's first release is often the definative release. So far I own Maul, Qui-gon, Mace, Obi-wan and Anakin (Darth Vader) but am looking to buy the Sidious 2-pack when I can get it.

I do however enjoy creating ficticious battle scenes with my 3 3/4. As I type, I am creating an Order 66 scene based at the Jedi temple using the clones from my BF2 set and EVO Anakin against Agen Kolar and a ROTS kenobi w/Han Solo head. My clone army has reached to around 35 troops, which I feel is respectable.

Reaction score
Let's see if Hasbro can put themselves in an even bigger hole with this line.

1st, figures that, while some people are happy with them, the majority of long-term collectors have already said 'no' to.

2nd, their best to show us for this year so far, are re-issued Han and Luke with sacks over their heads OR just a straight borrowing of Mara Jade's headgear. If this was a restaurant and these were the appetizers, I'm grabbing some bread and leaving.

3rd, supposedly, and no reason to think it WON'T happen, a price increase for ALL figures to $8+tax each.

Well, most of you will get your wish and see VERY little of me from now on.

Reaction score
I'd just like to add, that I REALLY feel $8 + tax each for these little action figures is WAY OVER THE TOP...

They are almost 50% less plastic than any other action figure line out there.... (I know about the licensing fees, but even so...)

I really feel $8 a figure is more than many US buyers will pay. I, as a collector, can say I'm really displeased with it. I think most parents buying for their kids are going to look at it that way, too. My kids right now think $6.63 is too much, based on their weekly allowances...

I wonder if this will end up like the 1999 Episode I release situation? Overpricing, etc. resulted in bad sales...

Reaction score
I, quite frankly am completely unconcerned about the price increase. It's another buck, if I buy 100 figures next year, it'll be $100 in increased cost. That's pretty easy to absorb over the coming year - let's see - $8.33 a month - don't go to Starbucks a couple of times, pack leftovers for lunch, there are a ZILLION ways to absorb that small of an expense.

We get outraged that costs go up, but this is LIFE people, the dollar is down, oil (raw materials and transport) is up, toys have been on the decline for years - it happens. Once again, let's do the reminder math - figures cost $1.97 to $2.29 in 1978 - that translates to $6.67 - $7.75 in 2007 dollars.

I couldn't find a calculator to do 2008 (probably not enough data yet) - but we're still in the same range as where we were 30 years ago. Also remember that $7.99 retail will probably be more like $7.63 or similar at WalMart - so let's avoid comparing $6.63 to $7.99 as you're NOT comparing apples to oranges here.

There are so many bigger fish to fry than the price of our TOYS going up $1.00 - if you want to get indignant about costs, have a look at the latest federal budget (for those of you in the US), and ask yourself where all that money goes - and that's not a political point, that's just basic civics. Ask your local c-store manager how much the taxes were on that gas that you just purchased - you'll be surprised to find out that it wasn't just sales tax there!

Let's bring ourselves back from the edge here and stop and take a saner look at the realities here. If you love Star Wars and you've enjoyed collecting Star Wars for years, then you'll find a way to absorb the cost, and move on. It doesn't mean that it's not a bummer that they'll cost a little more, but it certainly doesn't seem to merit all the grandstanding and quiteritis that seems to be rampant right now. How about we give the products a chance, maybe there will be a little more to them (how do action features come separate from the figures? Hmmmmmm....) If you're getting roughly 1/5 of a figure as a pack-in in the DF line, shouldn't that line cost 1/5 MORE than a current figure? Seems like Hasbro isn't charging enough there as at the current price of $6.99 - including a BAF addition should cost $8.15 or so.... Hey wait, that's MORE than $7.99?!!!?

There's so much left to learn about what's to come, folks saying that they're quitting based on the limited information at hand just strikes me as a little premature.

Of course that's me...

'78

Reaction score
From a collector's view, I agree with you... what I'm saying is that I feel this is way over the top for kids and the average parent buyers, etc.

Us collectors can be pretty easily convinced to give our money away on anything that we collect... I'm saying that this price increase won't be as easily swallowed by those outside the collecting community. Parents already are paying double for bread and milk now, than they were 12 mos ago...

Reaction score
I'm a parent and my grocery bill has not doubled - yes it's gone up, yes those things are more expensive, but that's a fact of life right now.

I doubt the price increase will even register with casual buyers, as they probably don't carefully track what happens from one year to the next, they buy two here three there, and so it's FAR less impactful to them. If they buy their kid 20 figures over the course of the year, then it's only $20 - so the net effect is far lower on that segment of the population.

What we need to be far more concerned about is whether or not CW is GOOD as a series, if the material is good enough to get a following. Whether or not it resonates with old fans and creates new fans, if it appeals to the younger generations, as well as to the original fans - THAT'S what's going to have a far greater effect on the ultimate success of the 2008 toys, the future of the the toy line, and REALLY the future of Star Wars. If it's good then our beloved franchise will continue well into the future. If it's not, then suddenly, it could dry up FAST!

'78

Reaction score
Looks like we'll also pay our figures a bit more in Europe. Even with the strong €, prices are marked up by €1 to make those CW figs €12.99 ($17.60).

Reaction score
Re: Price Increase .... Too expensive?

Man, there's going to be a lot of cross talk with two lines (and thus two forums) going simultaneously.

Hasbro has undoubtedly incurred increased costs in the last two years for a bazillion factors. Expecting them to swallow those costs is unrealistic (if not illegal). There are basically four scenarios I can see for them to recover these costs:

1. Recover all the costs by increasing price and maintaining quality =

2. Recover all the costs by increasing the price, then increase the price a little more and continue the trend of ever improving quality =

3. Recover some of the costs by a increasing the price, recover the remainder of the cost by cutting quality =

4. Recover all the costs by cutting quality =

We're not going to continue getting 2007 quality figures for $6.99. So it's pick your poison on how to offset all the increased costs Hasbro has incurred since January 2006. 3 and 4 are deal breakers for me.

Reaction score
Since1978 said:
I'm a parent and my grocery bill has not doubled - yes it's gone up, yes those things are more expensive, but that's a fact of life right now.
The price increase will make me more selective as to what I am buying, but it wont stop me from collecting.

I agree that my grocery bill as gone up as well, but its more across the board that things have gone up...heating bill, food bill, water bill etc etc. So I guess its almost not a surprise that even our figures are going to do the same thing.

Reaction score
Re: Price Increase .... Too expensive?

LunchBox said:
Man, there's going to be a lot of cross talk with two lines (and thus two forums) going simultaneously.
It's the nature of having three lines running parallel - this is about the only cross-talk topic (at least so far) hopefully once we get into the news and good stuff from the show, it'll be a little easier to handle.

'78

Reaction score
Since1978 said:
I, quite frankly am completely unconcerned about the price increase. It's another buck, if I buy 100 figures next year, it'll be $100 in increased cost. That's pretty easy to absorb over the coming year - let's see - $8.33 a month - don't go to Starbucks a couple of times, pack leftovers for lunch, there are a ZILLION ways to absorb that small of an expense.

We get outraged that costs go up, but this is LIFE people, the dollar is down, oil (raw materials and transport) is up, toys have been on the decline for years - it happens. Once again, let's do the reminder math - figures cost $1.97 to $2.29 in 1978 - that translates to $6.67 - $7.75 in 2007 dollars.

I couldn't find a calculator to do 2008 (probably not enough data yet) - but we're still in the same range as where we were 30 years ago. Also remember that $7.99 retail will probably be more like $7.63 or similar at WalMart - so let's avoid comparing $6.63 to $7.99 as you're NOT comparing apples to oranges here.

There are so many bigger fish to fry than the price of our TOYS going up $1.00 - if you want to get indignant about costs, have a look at the latest federal budget (for those of you in the US), and ask yourself where all that money goes - and that's not a political point, that's just basic civics. Ask your local c-store manager how much the taxes were on that gas that you just purchased - you'll be surprised to find out that it wasn't just sales tax there!

Let's bring ourselves back from the edge here and stop and take a saner look at the realities here. If you love Star Wars and you've enjoyed collecting Star Wars for years, then you'll find a way to absorb the cost, and move on. It doesn't mean that it's not a bummer that they'll cost a little more, but it certainly doesn't seem to merit all the grandstanding and quiteritis that seems to be rampant right now. How about we give the products a chance, maybe there will be a little more to them (how do action features come separate from the figures? Hmmmmmm....) If you're getting roughly 1/5 of a figure as a pack-in in the DF line, shouldn't that line cost 1/5 MORE than a current figure? Seems like Hasbro isn't charging enough there as at the current price of $6.99 - including a BAF addition should cost $8.15 or so.... Hey wait, that's MORE than $7.99?!!!?

There's so much left to learn about what's to come, folks saying that they're quitting based on the limited information at hand just strikes me as a little premature.

Of course that's me...

'78

But your arguement is self defeating. I completely agree that the cost of everything has gone up. I'm paying more for gas than I ever have. Food, all the bills. Do you think the size of my paycheck has gone up to match? It hasn't. I 'topped off' over a year ago. Unless I work OT or call, the checks are pretty much the same. Am I complaining about the figures costing $1 more? Yes, for the simple fact that if I pay it, if I continue buying, the money needs to come from somewhere. I don't have a tree in the back growing it. And you are also correct - these are toys. This is a hobby. In the long run this is NOT vital to my families survival. And if money becomes even tighter, there will be no choice but to eliminate it out of neccessity - EVEN if Hasbro were doing some of the greatest things ever, which I don't think so.

Of course that's me..

Reaction score
Marvel Legends were this price before Hasbro took over and Marvel Legends were alot higher quality than SW figs.

So yes its way too much!!!