QUESTION PRICE CHECK: Prequel MR Lightsabers

Reaction score
Hello Fellow Jedi and Sith,

I know that people like to list certain items for diverse prices (naturally it is everyone's their right to do so) However, since toytracker is not around anymore, can someone who has actually completed any recent transactions (buyer or seller) for these particular lightsabers enlighten me regarding the current going rate for them?

MR TPM EE Obi Wan Kenobi
MR AOTC Mace Windu (LE)

May the force be with you all

xMClass

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Search for these on ebay and filter by sold listings is probably your best bet.

yodasan

Grand Admiral
Reaction score
Sorry to say I suspect there will be good deals to be had if you wait a few months

Chewiegum

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
In our German forum the EE Obi was sold for 800 Euro, I almost bought it, but I did not want to expand my collection outide of the OT. The Mace LE is nice (700-800 Euro from what I saw in the last 2 years), but most collectors are looking for the gold plated signature edition (last one went for almost 2K USD on Ebay). Hope that helps.
Chris

kenobi2185

Lieutenant
Reaction score
An Obi MR EE sold for 2475 on the bay last month.
I sold my EE around 1300 last year before celebration.
I picked up another EE bc I missed mine for the same price last summer.
The price was steady at around 1,000 for some time but now it appears to be getting higher as these have become more harder to find.

Reaction score
wow 2475.. that is a Sci Fi price.. my ROTJ EE should be worth at least 4K then :) I was away from the replica game for a while and now everything seems out of reach... I really wanted to buy an Obi EE below 1K but it doesn't seem possible now...

An Obi MR EE sold for 2475 on the bay last month.
I sold my EE around 1300 last year before celebration.
I picked up another EE bc I missed mine for the same price last summer.
The price was steady at around 1,000 for some time but now it appears to be getting higher as these have become more harder to find.

Sergiu

Emperor
Reaction score
wow 2475.. that is a Sci Fi price.. my ROTJ EE should be worth at least 4K then :) I was away from the replica game for a while and now everything seems out of reach... I really wanted to buy an Obi EE below 1K but it doesn't seem possible now...
Wait until the economic crisis comes in, you'll see a lot of collectibles put for sale by people giving up on them to put food on the table and to pay taxes... ;)

Reaction score
Wait until the economic crisis comes in, you'll see a lot of collectibles put for sale by people giving up on them to put food on the table and to pay taxes... ;)
I guess you have a very valid point.. especially considering the current situation in the world.. But of course.. I am not sure whether if I myself will be one of those people as well....

Regardless, I humbly don't believe that any of the prequel lightsabers (unless signed) are worth 1K.. this is just people's perception being manipulated when sellers list them for very high prices... just my two cents...

yodasan

Grand Admiral
Reaction score
As people often say something is "worth" what someone will pay for it. You see all kinds of crazy sales - just recently a ROTS Kenobi sold for $2500. Does that mean a ROTS Kenobi is worth $2500? I wouldn't pay that - I bought one a few months ago for about $700. But to some other collector that ROTS Kenobi was worth a lot more right now. When it comes to sales on collector forums in my experience the listed price is just a starting point because most people like to bargain e.g. ask for your "best price" and then promptly offer a number below that best price. So saying that sellers are manipulating prices is wrong headed - its the buyer who makes the decision to make the purchase so if you think an asking price is too high, have patience and keep looking - usually you can find what you want at your desired price. And especially with the oncoming recession prices probably will come down in the not too distant future.

GOLDCYLON

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
As people often say something is "worth" what someone will pay for it. You see all kinds of crazy sales - just recently a ROTS Kenobi sold for $2500. Does that mean a ROTS Kenobi is worth $2500? I wouldn't pay that - I bought one a few months ago for about $700. But to some other collector that ROTS Kenobi was worth a lot more right now. When it comes to sales on collector forums in my experience the listed price is just a starting point because most people like to bargain e.g. ask for your "best price" and then promptly offer a number below that best price. So saying that sellers are manipulating prices is wrong headed - its the buyer who makes the decision to make the purchase so if you think an asking price is too high, have patience and keep looking - usually you can find what you want at your desired price. And especially with the oncoming recession prices probably will come down in the not too distant future.
Well said, completely agree.

Reaction score
Yodasan, let me clarify, I am not talking about the sellers who are in the hobby/passion but ebay 'flippers' who buy and sell for the business. Similar things happen with designer toys.. I used to collect Ashley Wood figures and due to their limited nature and unorthodox release model (24 hours sale only and never to be released again) many people bought only to sell a few months later.. They turned it into a business and people like myself slowly got distant from the brand/community there.. Ebay is where that actual business is happening most strongly.. and especially when you are an unexperienced person who is willing to get into the replica hobby, those sellers alter your perception about the value of these things especially if you don't know any of these Forums that we frequent. Just wanted to make sure you understand I was not referring to anyone here or the RPF even though I very rarely come across people here asking for crazy prices and end up keeping their items for years..

JediShan

Sub-Lieutenant
Reaction score
Yodasan, let me clarify, I am not talking about the sellers who are in the hobby/passion but ebay 'flippers' who buy and sell for the business. Similar things happen with designer toys.. I used to collect Ashley Wood figures and due to their limited nature and unorthodox release model (24 hours sale only and never to be released again) many people bought only to sell a few months later.. They turned it into a business and people like myself slowly got distant from the brand/community there.. Ebay is where that actual business is happening most strongly.. and especially when you are an unexperienced person who is willing to get into the replica hobby, those sellers alter your perception about the value of these things especially if you don't know any of these Forums that we frequent. Just wanted to make sure you understand I was not referring to anyone here or the RPF even though I very rarely come across people here asking for crazy prices and end up keeping their items for years..
Why are you talking about "flippers"? The MR stuff has been sold out for over 10 years now. Anyone buying these in the last few years or more recent has had to pay market price like everyone else.
If I ever have to sell my collection why should I sell it to someone for less than what someone else is willing to pay? Does that make me a flipper when I got most of my props when they first came out?

Reaction score
Why are you talking about "flippers"? The MR stuff has been sold out for over 10 years now. Anyone buying these in the last few years or more recent has had to pay market price like everyone else.
If I ever have to sell my collection why should I sell it to someone for less than what someone else is willing to pay? Does that make me a flipper when I got most of my props when they first came out?
No of course it does not make you a flipper mate you have all the right to price tag them however you want.. and what you write about MR is almost correct but almost.. If someone is indeed a flipper who 'understands' the business and is knowledgable about these replicas, there is still a potential to be exploited. You can pay 1.2K for a ROTJ EE and then still try to flip it for 2.5K 6 months later.. all I am saying is not everyone selling on ebay are collectors and hence most of the time the prices do not reflect the actual completed transactions (with exceptions)

Chewiegum

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
That's correct, there are a lot of shops on Ebay that buy and immediately sell the item again. 2 Japanese sellers do that a lot.
Chris