Preorder Now: Sideshow 1/4 Obi-Wan Kenobi

dgc

Reaction score
After the fall of the Jedi Order, Obi-Wan secluded himself on the desert planet Tatooine, secretly observing young Luke Skywalker. He would later take on the familiar role of mentor to the son of Skywalker, and begin the training the son of the one who was destined to bring balance to the force. You can preview the heroic Obi-Wan Kenobi Premium Format 1/4 figure by following the link below!

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=070105obiwan&source=070105news\n

Reaction score
Re: Sideshow 1/4 Scale Obi-Wan Kenobi Announced

yeah i saw this today too. looks really great. the look on his face is perfect. im getting more and more ipressed with sideshow.

dgc

Reaction score

Imagine how nice it will look face to face with the 1/4 Vader under a display case.

Reaction score

It looks awesome and the face looks spot on! As soon as this is made available I am ordering one. I wonder what type of exclusive he will come with?

Reaction score

I bet you are right. If thats the case, I gotta have one with the cloak!

michael_mensinger

Reaction score

I agree the cloak would be a logical guess. IMHO, it would make purchasing the exclusive version a must for anyone wanting this statue. I don't think it would look nearly as nice without the cloak.

-Mike

Reaction score

Dad_of_Mace said:
My bet is with cloak, vs. without.
I doubt that, who would buy one without a cloak?

It wouldn't be the same statue without the cloak.

Reaction score

WOW! I love it. I've been waiting for a Obi Wan like that with the cloak.

Reaction score

TK333 said:
im getting more and more ipressed with sideshow.
I have purchased a couple of LOTR items from them and the craftsmanship and attention to detail are immaculate. I'm sure Obi-Wan will not disappoint.

Reaction score

Looks like an expensive doll to me.
I hope it looks much better than that when it hit the stores.

Reaction score

The exclusive could be the robes, but could also be something like the Jedi Training Remote and/or something else. Since he wears the robes during that entire scene he should come with them is all editions.

(Or maybe they'll really make "Obi-Wan with The Force" and that will be included as the exclusive)

Reaction score

or...........a lightsaber with no blade.....as in when he turns off his lightsaber before vader strikes him

Reaction score

Yeah making the reg w/out a cloak wouldnt even make sence. The only time hes NOT wersing it is in his hut and on the falcon

Reaction score

Sideshow is really impressing. Man, I only wish these were cheaper! I avoided the Luke, Han, Vader and Grevious but I'll have to give in and grab this Obi. I looks so much like Alec Guinness how could you pass!?

Reaction score

SO what the hell could it be thats $75 justifiable?

Rod

Reaction score

I am not too impressed with this one.

Like many I don't see these being worth the amount of money they are being charged...

The Han and Grievous are amazing....but the Luke and Obi are ....blah....

The Vader is ok, but like some have said...looks like a doll.

I am glad these don't rock my boat...saves me money and headaches...

Reaction score

Next week we get pics of the final Vader.....Im pretty excited about that. And it sounds like the final pics of Grevious also w/ cape.

Reaction score

If you click to that page you see that cool Vader video but if you read behind the screen you see:

This replica features Obi-wan's Jedi robe, recreated in 1/4 scale to the finest detail by Greg Mowry. The robe is artfully displayed in the 'death heap' as it appeared at the end of the fateful scene of Vader's triumph over Obi-wan. The robe also features the dusty foot prints of Vader, that were made as he kicked the garment to verify that his kill was final. The replica comes mounted on a base featuring Death Star flooring texture as well as Obi-wan's discarded light saber. Our production team has crafted the base to interlock with our Darth Vader exclusive Premium Format figure base so that Vader can gloat in his triumph.

This Exclusive Obi-wan with the Force Premium Format replica comes with an electronic audio chip of blaster sounds and Luke's cry of despair!

I agree with a similar post above that this whole thing could be included as the "Exclusive" piece.

Reaction score

This statue will look great with the Vader exclusive!
After the Attakus Obi-Wan, i'm very happy that SSW will make a more Alec-like version of the master jedi.

Reaction score

Wow, go out of town for a while and miss all the cool stuff going on

This Obi-Wan looks pretty great. Face maybe a little fat, but I'm thinking it's more the lighting. This comparison image was posted over on the Sideshow Freaks forum. The expression looks dead-on. I just worry a little about the cloak looking as "heavy" as it needs to. I guess we shall see... but I have no doubt whatsoever that it will look awesome posed with the Vader with the lights dimmed and the sabers glowing

Reaction score

vadertot said:
Wow, go out of town for a while and miss all the cool stuff going on

This Obi-Wan looks pretty great. Face maybe a little fat, but I'm thinking it's more the lighting. This comparison image was posted over on the Sideshow Freaks forum. The expression looks dead-on. I just worry a little about the cloak looking as "heavy" as it needs to. I guess we shall see... but I have no doubt whatsoever that it will look awesome posed with the Vader with the lights dimmed and the sabers glowing
If the Luke figure was any indication, I'm sure we'll see a few minor adjustments before the final version is set. This looks to be another great release which means I'm probably going to have to decide if I want to let go of my Grevious pre-order and go for this or simply skip Ben.

Reaction score

I've been thinking about canceling my SS grevious after seeing the obi-wan as well.

Reaction score

This statue is amazing! I am adding this one for sure, especially since I have the vader exclusive on preorder too!

Reaction score

I already got mine on order!!! I can't believe the likeness on the face though, it is spot on
! This statue along with vader displayed with each other will truly be amazing to see!

Reaction score

Just ordered one. Thanks for the link

dgc

Reaction score

oldschool_Jawa said:
I already got mine on order!!! I can't believe the likeness on the face though, it is spot on
! This statue along with vader displayed with each other will truly be amazing to see!
Agreed, Matt Falls did an excellent job on the sculpt. Now to find an acrylic display case big enough to house them both.

dgc

Reaction score

Since many exclusive owners will choose to pose them together, what do we do with the mouse droid and training remote? Pose them togeter? I can see it now:

Mouse Droid vs. Training Remote - who will win the battle of the exclusive accessory?

Reaction score

hmm... something wrong about the eyes... too puffy, or frowny.. or something. And I'm not too sure about that mouth... do the 'old man' lines look over done to you?

and probably the worst thing from a display point of view... why on earth have they made the hood so pointy??

he looks like an elf. For that price I'd want something a lot more accurate than that...

Reaction score

order placed! thanks for the link!
This duo will be incredible! can't wait to have them here.