Power Rankings

Reaction score
Ok we had a Vader VS Maul debate, so I thought this might be
an interesting debate.....Rank these Characters, who do you think is the strongest and weakest. some of these are obivious and some are pretty debatable.

Yoda
Emperor
Obi-wan/young and old
Anakin/Vader/entire saga
Mace windu
Qui-Gon Jin
Darth Maul
Luke Skywalker
Count Dooku

Have fun ranking these guys.

Reaction score
In order:

Emperor (pure evil)
Mace windu (could've killed Palps)
Yoda (900)
Obi-wan/young (Obi young was just powerful)
Anakin/Vader/entire saga (the ultimate villian)
Darth Maul (raw and kick [censored])
Luke Skywalker (okay but little whiny)
Qui-Gon Jin (to much of a pacifist)
Count Dooku (way too old)

Reaction score
Here is my ranking order, I know you guys are gonna kill me for some of these, but this is purely based on the 6 films.

#1 Mace Windu: That's right, above Yoda, why! Only because he had Palpatine beat and was ready to execute him. Yoda barely broke even when he faced him. Let us not forget the cool beheading of Jango Fett(AOTC).
#2 Emperor: Took on Yoda, killed three Jedi without breaking a sweat, manipulated Anakin and converted him over to the Darkside. Would've killed Luke hadn't been for daddy coming to the rescue.
#3 Yoda: Even though the force is strong with him and he's been around for 900 years, Count Dooku and Palpatine were able to hold their own against the mighty Yoda. I ranked him third based solely on his wisdom and not on his skills at fighting.
#4 Obi-Wan: Split Darth Maul in half as an apprentice and mutilated Anakin, almost killing him had it not been for Palpatine coming to Anakin's rescue. Trained Anakin and Luke.
#5 Darth Maul: Took on the mighty Qui-Gon and Obi-wan, too bad Lucas didn't write him into 2nd and 3rd scripts, great character.
#6 Anakin: Only because he kills Count Dooku, sure he becomes Darth Vader, spanks Luke in ESD, and tosses the Emperor over a rail, but he doesn't face any real competition other than Obi-wan, who ends up kicking his butt anyway.
#7 Count Dooku: Takes on Yoda, Obi-wan and Anakin and lives to talk about it, atleast until the begining of the next film.
8# Qui-Gon Jin: Dies at the hands of Darth Maul, I wish I could rank him higher, such a great Character. Sorry Qui-Gon, they just didn't write you into the enitre Saga. Maybe someone else will make a good case for you in the rankings than I did.
#9 Luke Skywalker:Complained about everything, got his butt kicked by his daddy, but I'll give him this...destroyed the Death Star on short notice, gets a sweet kiss from Leia(Sister!) rescues Han Solo in ROTJ twice, once from Jabba the Hutt and then from the Ewoks cookout! Plus he uses Love not the Force to convert Vader back into the old Ani we all love! yuk.

Lex

Reaction score
Romadon said:
#1 Mace Windu: That's right, above Yoda, why! Only because he had Palpatine beat and was ready to execute him.
Because it was Palpatine's plot. Otherwise Mace wouldn't lived more than ten seconds.

1. Emperor
2. Yoda
3. Vader
4. Mace Windu
5. Obi-Wan
6. Luke Skywalker
7. Darth Maul
8. Count Dooku
9. Qui-Gon

Reaction score
I agree with you on the point that Palpatine was plotting and manipulating Anakin, but Based on Mace Windu's fighting in CW animation series, his skills were almost equal to Yoda. Come on! even Palpatine wasn't 100% sure Anakin would convert, true that was his desire, but setting himself up to get almost killed by Mace. Hmm but then maybe your right, let's just wait and see what other people think.

Reaction score
Darth Maul
Yoda
Mace windu
Emperor
Qui-Gon Jin
Obi-wan/young and old
Anakin/Vader/entire saga
Count Dooku
Luke Skywalker

Reaction score
Alright I think we need to break this off into two categories.... fighting skill / lightsaber abilty and force power /knowledge intelligence

fighting skill

Darth Maul
Anakin/Vader
Mace Windu
Darth Sidious
Yoda
Count Dooku
Luke
Obi-Wan
Qui-gon

Force Power

Yoda
Darth Sidious
Count Dooku
Anakin/Vader
Mace
Obi/Wan
Luke
Darth Maul
Qui-gon

The Mace versus Sidious fight is certainly up for debate. It looks to me like Sidious was fighting for his life during the lightsaber part of the fight. I think it's obvious that he was putting on once he was on the ground but I don't think he was before that.

Did Palpatine even know for sure whether or not Anakin was really coming to the rescue ?

Reaction score
I agree with you, there is no cinematic hint implying that Palpatine knew that Anakin was on his way and when he does arrive we can still see the inner conflict within Anakin struggling to make a choice.
Palpatine used persuasion on Anakin not mind control. The same thing Luke used on his father in ROTJ.

I noticed you put Darth Maul and Anakin/Vader over Obi-wan in (fighting skills) even though he kicked both of their butts..please give me your analysis as to why.

Reaction score
1)Qui-Gon Jin
2)Emperor
3)Anakin/Vader/entire saga
4)Yoda
5)Darth Maul
6)Obi-wan/young and old
7)Luke Skywalker
8)Count Dooku
9)Mace windu

Reaction score
Dark_Raider said:
Alright I think we need to break this off into two categories.... fighting skill / lightsaber abilty and force power /knowledge intelligence

fighting skill

Darth Maul
Anakin/Vader
Mace Windu
Darth Sidious
Yoda
Count Dooku
Luke
Obi-Wan
Qui-gon
LMAO... how can you put Maul way on top and Kenobi on the bottom when Obi-Wan beat him?

Reaction score
Romadon said:
I noticed you put Darth Maul and Anakin/Vader over Obi-wan in (fighting skills) even though he kicked both of their butts..please give me your analysis as to why.
Obi-Wan didn't use his fighting skills to defeat Maul and Anakin. He used his brain. He caught Maul by surprise and outsmarted Anakin. If he had continued fighting both face to face he would have lost.

Reaction score
Dark_Raider said:
Romadon said:
Obi-Wan didn't use his fighting skills to defeat Maul and Anakin. He used his brain. He caught Maul by surprise and outsmarted Anakin. If he had continued fighting both face to face he would have lost.
I think any martial artist or Military leader would tell you that intelligence is the most important aspect of fighting skills. YOu may have great technique, but if you can't think correctly about how best to use that technique, you're not really a very good fighter.

Reaction score
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>

I think any martial artist or Military leader would tell you that intelligence is the most important aspect of fighting skills. YOu may have great technique, but if you can't think correctly about how best to use that technique, you're not really a very good fighter.

[/QUOTE]

When I'm saying fighting skills I'm talking about just skill with a lightsaber not overall , I guess I should have been more specific. It's pretty obvious that Anakin and Maul was more skilled with a lightsaber than Obi-Wan so he had to find a way to level the playing field.

Reaction score
I think this thread went the wrong way. If you think the who could beat up who debate is the way to determine who is most powerful maybe you've missed the point all together.

Reaction score
I think it's really more like rock paper scissors. Some jedi can exploit the weakness of others, whereas they can also be exploited by another

Reaction score
Force powers(non saber skills):

Emperor
Yoda
Count Dooku (impressive force fight w/yoda)
Vader (lacked lightning)
Obi-Wan (force pushed driods & force fought Anakin)
Darth Maul (threw Obi-Wan & opened hangar door)
Luke Skywalker (force choked Gamorreans)
Qui-Gon Jin (force pushed driods)
?-don't know Mace's force powers

Saber skills:

Mace windu
Emperor
Yoda
Obi-wan (prime)
Anakin (prime)
Count Dooku
Darth Maul
Qui-Gon Jin
Luke Skywalker

Reaction score
I never participate in this kind of ranking but I read Romadon's list and I feel similarly. I have nothing to add except to say that I agree and enjoyed your explainations.

Reaction score
I'm too lazy to break these into two lists, so here goes:

1) Emperor (I would like to think that Mace could have taken him down, but Palpatine sure came close to defeating Yoda. Plus, he secretly plotted and eventually carried out the destruction of the Jedi and took over the galaxy.)
2) Yoda (To me wisdom is as important as fighting skills.)
3) Mace Windu (Powerful and wise. After Obi-Wan, my favorite Jedi.)
4) Obi-wan/young and old (Defeated Vader twice, in my book.)
5) Anakin/Vader/entire saga (The Chosen One turned to the Dark Side before he reached his full potential of power or wisdom.)
6) Darth Maul (Skilled fighter, but not good enough to beat Obi-Wan.)
7) Count Dooku (I think we saw him past his prime in AOTC and ROTS.)
8) Qui-Gon Jinn (Important as a mentor to younger Jedi, but not the most powerful.)
9) Luke Skywalker (The focus/goal of the entire saga? Yes. A lesson that good will defeat evil in the end? Yes. A great Jedi? Yes. A powerful Jedi? No.)

Reaction score
I noticed a lot of people rated the Emperor high up- I think he was more cunning and manipulative than he was powerful. He got his rear handed to him by Windu, and as for the fight with Yoda, I don't what Yoda's deal was- he should've done a lot better against Palpatine. If Yoda had been a hundred years younger, Palpatine would not have stood a chance. Notice once Vader came on the scene, Palpy made him do everything! Clearly Anakin Skywalker was the most powerful Jedi ever until he lost his limbs, and Palpy knew it. Yeah, Anakin got beat by Dooku, but that's because he was young and stupid. Dooku was more powerful than he let on- he was more or less betrayed. If he had known he was fighting for his life in ROTS, he would have fought much differently.
I agree with the statement that was made earlier about Obi Wan being smarter than he was skilled. In pretty much every major battle he was in he was bested by his opponent and used his head to win (he was "almost beat" by Maul, Jango Fett(!), Dooku, Grievous, and Anakin- and in all those cases, pulled a maneuver out of his a$$, or took advantage of an opportunity to come out on top). So, considering all that, here is my ranking:

1) young Anakin, by a long shot
2) Mace Windu and young(er) Yoda, tied
3) post-op Vader. even without flesh limbs and force lightning, his command of the force was frightening
4) Count Dooku- he could have ruled the universe, but he trusted Palatine, which was his fatal mistake
5) The Emperor. We must not underestimate the power of Palpy's cunning. He tops the whole list where that is concerned.
6) Young Obi Wan and Darth Maul, tied.
7) Qui-Gon
8) Luke Skywalker. His greatest powers were hope and love, but Darth Maul would've shredded him. Granted, he had a fraction of the official training then the rest of them did, and he did really well with what he knew.

Reaction score
Anakin/Vader
yoda
Mace windu
Darth Maul
Obi-wan
Emperor
Qui-Gon Jin
Luke Skywalker
Count Dooku