Power of The Force Paploo Made in Mexico HELP

Reaction score
Ive received a Vintage Power of The Force Paploo MOC from an ebayer with good feedback. Its made in mexico and i noticed that the glue around the bubble does not have that hatched pattern like so many talk about in recognising recards etc. However, i contacted another ebayer selling a mexican paploo who informed me that his two were exactly the same. Sorry for my ignorance, and it may of been discussed already, but have I got a dud or was the glue like this without the hatched pattern? cheers

Reaction score
I have a ROTJ Vader that was made in Mexico and it also is missing the hatch pattern. When I did a bit of research I found that a lot of the Mexico items and some other foreign packaging is missing the hatch pattern.

Reaction score
You will find this on just about all Mexico carded figures. They used a heat seal for the bubble which does not leave the famous waffle pattern.

The poked a hole in the back of the ROTJ cards too; I believe they did this because they were worried about the bubble collapsing from the air-tight seal.

Phil

Reaction score
The hole was from the pressure. Cards would warp so holes were poked in the back to release some of it. Later they changed thier method but many still had holes poked just because they did before.

As for seals I am fairly certain most cards are heat sealed. The waffle pattern is in a lot of the bubbles themselves. It helps prevent sliding. Some factories did not use these types of bubbles thus you ahve stuff like 12 back 3POs turning up with no waffle pattern.

John