Power Of The Force General Discussion Thread

Reaction score
Picked up an awesome flea market buy, a sealed Kenner Detention Block Rescue playset for $15. Got a Dagobah Luke short saber there MOC for $4 too. I hope he's back again, I'd love to get the Yoda since I had traded him away a long time ago, yet I still have his backpack and cane somewhere. Still need a black Jedi Luke, probably my favorite figure from the entire line outside of white Luke which was my first purchase as a kid.

Reaction score
Speaking of childhood favorites... I FINALLY got Slave I!

When I was a kid this was the one Kenner toy that would intrigue me the most. Plus I did not know about the re-release Hasbro did when they were doing Shadows of the Empire. Until I started to scavenge around for Canadian "The Empire Strikes Back" stuff. So after making a few sacrifices I bought this one from the original owner!

If you click on the image you will notice the worst being a white mark below the "carbonite frozen" Han Solo figure. What you don't see is that there is an outward dent around the area where "Carbonite" Han Solo is shown. It is not a major issue and the box looks to be between an AFA 80+ and an AFA 85. Something I am fine with because... One, Hasbro used the original mold to make this toy. B, no... Two, it has the same function/features as the one I wanted ever since I was a kid. And finally three, or C, it was both offerless and also included the additional figure on the box.

So as of yesterday, and me still being too excited to sleep, I finally have one version of my "holy grails"! With the downside being that I need to figure out how I can get $238.30 if I decide to have AFA grade it (instead of just getting a UV resistant custom case for it)! Either way, I am aiming to collect the green foiled Canadian variants of Bossk, Dengar, and Zuckuss. So not having the green boxed variant of Slave I is fine to me. Especially since I doubt I can find one in the same condition in the wild, or even find a Canadian "Freeze Frame" Boba Fett as well.

Ranting aside... Anybody have any new goals involving both this line and its Shadows of the Empire counterpart?

Reaction score
Great score. The modern (SOTE/POTF2) Slave 1 is one of the my favorite ships in the modern line, even though it's 23 years old at this point. I remember getting this in late summer?! 1996, and being extremely impressed by the accurate color, the paint job, the intentionally battered appearance, etc.

Note this modern SOTE version is far superior to the original early '80's Vintage Slave 1. I had this original years ago, and it was sub-par; i.e., the mold's color was not film-accurate, the stickers came off after a while, etc.

Reaction score
Ranting aside... Anybody have any new goals involving both this line and its Shadows of the Empire counterpart?
Shadows is my favorite story and I have a good collection going. The only thing I can think of that I'm missing are the 3 Micro Machines packs and Slave I.

I also pre-ordered a SOTE premium edition box set from Limited Run Games. It comes with a bunch of things like a coin, pin, poster, booklet, and a N64 cartridge that is purple, and it has the PC artwork instead of the Stormtrooper like on the original. The cardback is also a nod to the POTF2 cardbacks, and it also has the purple lightsaber.

Here is a picture of the cardback. I'm at work so I can't resize and attach it.
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0912/7444/products/Shadows-MOSC.png?v=1563902758

I am also working (very slowly) on an updated Outrider. I cut off the area where the cockpit slides into, as on the Outrider that area is open. I also cut off the pieces next to the engine, the parts that stick out. I'm just trying to make it look a bit more accurate. It's my first time doing a kit-bash so I have no idea how this is going to turn out lol.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Great score. The modern (SOTE/POTF2) Slave 1 is one of the my favorite ships in the modern line, even though it's 23 years old at this point. I remember getting this in late summer?! 1996, and being extremely impressed by the accurate color, the paint job, the intentionally battered appearance, etc.

Note this modern SOTE version is far superior to the original early '80's Vintage Slave 1. I had this original years ago, and it was sub-par; i.e., the mold's color was not film-accurate, the stickers came off after a while, etc.
Yeah my buddy got Slave I for X-Mas back then (he was rich) and I remember being so envious of his haul. He got so many figures and other vehicles that year too, my head was spinning just seeing it all. But that sucker really stood out and was so impressive for all the reasons you guys mentioned.

Speaking of childhood favorites... I FINALLY got Slave I!

When I was a kid this was the one Kenner toy that would intrigue me the most. Plus I did not know about the re-release Hasbro did when they were doing Shadows of the Empire. Until I started to scavenge around for Canadian "The Empire Strikes Back" stuff. So after making a few sacrifices I bought this one from the original owner!

If you click on the image you will notice the worst being a white mark below the "carbonite frozen" Han Solo figure. What you don't see is that there is an outward dent around the area where "Carbonite" Han Solo is shown. It is not a major issue and the box looks to be between an AFA 80+ and an AFA 85. Something I am fine with because... One, Hasbro used the original mold to make this toy. B, no... Two, it has the same function/features as the one I wanted ever since I was a kid. And finally three, or C, it was both offerless and also included the additional figure on the box.

So as of yesterday, and me still being too excited to sleep, I finally have one version of my "holy grails"! With the downside being that I need to figure out how I can get $238.30 if I decide to have AFA grade it (instead of just getting a UV resistant custom case for it)! Either way, I am aiming to collect the green foiled Canadian variants of Bossk, Dengar, and Zuckuss. So not having the green boxed variant of Slave I is fine to me. Especially since I doubt I can find one in the same condition in the wild, or even find a Canadian "Freeze Frame" Boba Fett as well.

Sweet jesus, is THAT how much it costs to get something AFA graded? You've gotta be joking...what a scam. Imagine being the guy that "invented" that. "So we 'grade' your toys so that others will have an idea of the relative quality of them in case you resell it. Being that we are the only horse in town, that'll be $238 sir!" and from that day on grading was an "industry". It pains me to say that. You'd think our own sets of eyes could tell these things. And who's to say somebody doesn't inflict damage to the box/card/figure in question AFTER it is graded? Then what does that grading get you?

Not cracking on you at all for wanting to preserve your personal grail, I think that ship and box art are SO awesome, but I hate seeing people get taken advantage of or fleeced because of relative hype. I think the grading system is massively overrated and becomes more a bragging right and/or reason to synthetically inflate the price of the item you're trying to sell.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I need a complete set. They are harderto find than vintage ones...��

Reaction score
Question does the potf detention block connect to other blocks to make a longer hallway & if not could it be modified to do so?

Reaction score
Question does the potf detention block connect to other blocks to make a longer hallway & if not could it be modified to do so?
Great question: I had found this one over the summer at a flea market and haven't opened it yet. It's one of the best smaller playsets from POTF and very fun.

Reaction score

Nope. They aren't designed to connect. If you put them in a row, to make a long hallway, the cell door cannot open. And I think the base plate sides are tapered so there'd be gaps between them.
It was a great little playset idea, but they really needed to think it out just a bit better. If they were just floor plates and a wall that connected, I'd have bought dozens of them.

Last edited: