Power Of The Force General Discussion Thread

Reaction score
Hi! Quick question. I have come across a carded Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker with hologram sticker. I have not seen it elsewhere. Anyone know if these were actually made or just someone added the sticker afterwards? Any thoughts? Thanks! :)

Front:

Back:
There were some red carded figures released with a hologram sticker. I can't say I have never seen this one released before but it is quite possible.

Reaction score
Does anyone here have any idea where these Boba Fett POTF figures came from? I got these off from ebay over 15yrs ago but forgot the history of how these figures came to be. There were only 500 of them available and seems to be some kind of convention exclusive. All were signed by Jeremy Bulloch and have a sticker placed on top of the spot where the character picture would be.
http://s185.photobucket.com/user/boba_fett300/library/Boba%20Fett%20POTF?sort=3&page=1

Last edited:
Reaction score
Does anyone here have any idea where these Boba Fett POTF figures came from? I got these off from ebay over 15yrs ago but forgot the history of how these figures came to be. There were only 500 of them available and seems to be some kind of convention exclusive. All were signed by Jeremy Bulloch and have a sticker placed on top of the spot where the character picture would be.
http://s185.photobucket.com/user/boba_fett300/library/Boba%20Fett%20POTF?sort=3&page=1

Those are actually pretty cool! Unfortunately don't know the answer though about their provenance. Have you tried a reverse image search on Google to see if others like it have been posted elsewhere with their source? I've been able to find things that way actually.

Reaction score
Can someone explain why the POTF2 freeze frame figures have dropped significantly in value. I purchased a weequay with freeze frame for $800us in 2001, and now it has a value of $400 or less in price. And then this transcends down the rest of the collection.

Reaction score
Can someone explain why the POTF2 freeze frame figures have dropped significantly in value. I purchased a weequay with freeze frame for $800us in 2001, and now it has a value of $400 or less in price. And then this transcends down the rest of the collection.
Yikes! I never knew they went for that kind of cash in the first place! What was the draw to that particular figure? Is it super rare?

Reaction score
Simply put, POTF2 is a lot less desirable than it was in 2001 - and that includes one-time "rare" figures. To be honest, I am amazed it still has a value of $400.

Reaction score
Agreed. I remember back in the day chasing after the "rare" POTF2 figures. Would have been much better served at the time to have "stayed on target" with my vintage focus. :)

Reaction score
Simply put, POTF2 is a lot less desirable than it was in 2001 - and that includes one-time "rare" figures. To be honest, I am amazed it still has a value of $400.

Wait, what? That surely cant be the reason. I was hoping there was a crate found that had a whole shipment of figures from that era, and it flooded the market ( Since i havent looked at these figures in years ). If indeed your are correct, then this will cascade through all the series of figures eventually. When i was collecting from 99 - 05, the potf2 green/red cardbacks had a certain value, which appears to be similar today, and even the episode 1 figures are retaining a little less.....but for a weequay to be less than $400 these days in comparison to it 2001 value at $800 is something to be concerned about where the value of other series may end up.

Reaction score
I remember when finding a first wave white Leia with the monkey face was big money at $40 back in the day, but now she can be had for like $5-6 easy. Not sure what the appeal was back in the 90s, but she was really hard to find. I found her hidden behind some NERF guns and felt super lucky getting her for $4.99 at Wal-Mart as a kid.

Reaction score
Not sure what the appeal was back in the 90s, but she was really hard to find.
Back in the 90s, female characters in boy's toy lines were notoriously short packed (especially in all of the superhero lines). So, collectors had just become conditioned to buy up all of the female figures they found on the shelves and that mindset carried over into those early waves of Star Wars POTF2 toys.

Reaction score
oh yeah i remember hunting her down :D
Yes - I remember the hunt for this figure well back in '97. Not only was this a highly sought-after figure due to the character & outfit choice, but the fact that it was a figure that had never been made in the original Vintage line (similar to the POTF2 Grand Moff Tarkin) made it even more desirable.

In fact, I've got a funny story associated with this: I remember when the figure first hit in my area circa August 1997 & I was searching for this, I briefly talked to a somewhat lecherous TRU employee - who made a big deal about collectors looking for the "Slave Leia" figure , with a "wink, wink" - LOL.

I actually didn't find the figure until sometime in that Fall - it was definitely selling out early on. In looking back at the figure these days, the sculpt is obviously not that great. However, 20 years ago this was one of the hottest toys out there.

I remember when finding a first wave white Leia with the monkey face was big money at $40 back in the day, but now she can be had for like $5-6 easy. Not sure what the appeal was back in the 90s, but she was really hard to find. I found her hidden behind some NERF guns and felt super lucky getting her for $4.99 at Wal-Mart as a kid.
The 1995 POTF2 "dog faced" Leia is one of the ugliest female figures out there. However, because of the rarity of this toy early oin, it was tough to track down. Even when this came out, I thought the sculpt was "weird" for a lack of a better term - she was awkwardly sculpted, with gangly limbs. I also thought it was odd that she came with an unnecessary plastic cape, since the character in the film didn't have this.

That being said, I searched for this figure high & low back in the day - just like everyone else.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey guys, just a curiosity here as I have put together a relatively complete potf2 collection and I wanted to see how other people feel is the right way to segment their collections.

Right now I am kind of this way:

1. 1978-85 vintage
2. POTF2 and POTJ
3. OTC and Saga
4. Legacy, 30th and Vintage Collection

I feel like between potf2 and potj we have one of the most complete lineups of ALL the other lines and in many ways potf2 feels like it could be an extension of the original vintage line (sharing the name of the final wave and 5POA with added waist swivel tho)- even the buff luke hearkens back to the original Star Wars 12 back iconography with the barechested Luke holding his lightsaber overhead.

Also, POTF was maybe the last line that still felt like toys versus collectibles and didn't feel like they were going to either break or go completely floppy after posing a few times. I love the new stuff for looking at but I would barely worry about kids or grandkids playing with potf stuff.

So How do you guys segment your collections?

Last edited:
Reaction score
yeah I definitely like the logic here in your lineups, makes perfect sense, though maybe keep POTF2 all on its own.

Reaction score
Hanging out in a room with shelves full of stuff I
are both chin guns supposed to light up on the atat? i noticed only one lights up on my potf atat i was wondering about the bulb
Sometimes the little lever on the side gets loose over time, but if one lights up then both are able to, trying pulling and pushing the lever all the way back and forth with more force and decently fast, but be careful of course. It should still work for you.

Reaction score
anybody else here just cant get why they released the jawa with gonk droid with no peg holes for the GONK? he's like the only figure that will not stand on two feet no matter what, he automatically kicks one up! Why?!

Reaction score
anybody else here just cant get why they released the jawa with gonk droid with no peg holes for the GONK? he's like the only figure that will not stand on two feet no matter what, he automatically kicks one up! Why?!
It's because the GONK actually has a sweet walking action feature. That being said, it would be awesome if Hasbro reincorporated that feature in their next one, but made the legs "lockable" in the fixed standing position. It's still such an iconic droid from Star Wars. Pretty sure the vintage Kenner one had legs that clicked and swung, but had to be done manually as opposed to Hasbro, which has the button activated walking feature.

Reaction score
PotF2 - Collect all 96!

Howdy, folks!

I collected figures from '95-'06ish but PotF2 is hands down my favorite line. I have the whole set carded in one form or another and several loose duplicates I played with and later displayed. I'm just digging them out of storage and passing them off slowly to my son. Two figures a week for the past several weeks leading up to Star Wars Day. We'll watch ANH together with my dad (the three of us) and after the movie I'll give him my PotF2 landspeeder and Millennium Falcon. I haven't really thought about my collection in years and it is so fun to dig these guys out, clean them up, find their appropriate accessories, and in some cases open ones up I didn't have loose!

My son has only seen ANH and I plan on only showing one movie a year. Why rush through them all when ANH is so amazing on its own? Here's my planned release schedule. Everything else I own is being sold off. I don't have the space for anything else after finalizing the list of stuff I'm keeping.

ANH - Core Series (April-May)
* C-3PO and R2-D2 (with Saga Escape Pod as an accessory I didn't get to play with as a kid!)
* Luke and Leia (Macho Luke but with blast shield helmet, floppy hat, poncho, long rifle, stormtrooper belt, and E-11)
* Stormtroopers and Rebel Trooper
* Tusken Raider and Jawas
* Obi-Wan and Vader (recolored the now pink lightsaber with a Sharpie, looks great!)
* Han and Chewie
STAR WARS DAY: Falcon and Landspeeder

ANH - Tatooine Series (July-August)
* Greedo and Momaw Nadon
* R5-D4 and Gonk Droid (R5 is a custom using a '95 R2 body with the '96 R5 head; I hated the R5 they made as a kid)
* Ponda Baba and Dr. Evazan
* Uncle Owen, Aunt Beru, and Treadwell (with Saga Moisture Vaporator)
* Lak Sivrak and Labria (I only own Harmy's Despecialozed Edition so the Wolf Man will be relevant to him!)
* Sandtrooper and Garindan
BIRTHDAY: Bantha, Dewback. and Saga (or was it OTC?) Sandcrawler

ANH - Yavin and Death Star Series (12 Days of Christmas)
CHRISTMAS EVE: X-Wing, TIE Fighter, and I want to make a Death Star Playset
* X-Wing Luke and TIE Pilot
* Tarkin and Imperial Gunner (and the Saga Interrogation Droid)
* Stormtrooper Luke and Stormtrooper Han
* Death Star Trooper and Death Star Droid
* Biggs and Cinema Scene Wedge
* Ceremonial Luke and Ceremonial Leia

ESB - Core Series (April-May 2019)
* Bespin Luke and Yoda
* Lando and Boba Fett
* Bespin Han and Hoth Leia
* C-3PO (w/removable limbs) and R2-D2 (with accessories)
* Veers and AT-AT Pilot
STAR WARS DAY: AT-AT Walker (this is the only thing I'll need to buy as I didn't own one as a kid; hoping my childhood best friend will sell me his)

ESB - Hoth and Dagobah Series (July-August 2019)
* Hoth Luke and Wampa (Luke with articulated knees)
* 2-1B and PotJ FX-7 (with empty Saga Bacta Tank to allow any figure to be put in)
* Hoth Han and Probe Droid (Han with hood up and articulated knees)
* Snowtrooper and Hoth Rebel
* Dagobah Luke and Cinema Scene Obi-Wan Spirit
BIRTHDAY: Snowspeeder, Running Tauntaun. and Saga Split Belly Tauntaun

ESB - Bespin and Executor Series (12 Days of Christmas 2019-2020)
* Piett and Bossk
* Lobot and Cloud City Police (from Carbon Freezing Chamber Playset)
* SotE IG-88 and Dengar
* Han in Carbonite and Ugnaughts
* Zuckuss and 4-LOM
* Slave 1 and TIE Bomber

RotJ - Core Series (April-May 2020)
* Jedi Luke and Saga Jabba
* Endor Leia and Wicket/Logray
* Flashback Photo Emperor and Royal Guard
* Scout Trooper and Endor Rebel Trooper
* Endor Han and AT-ST Pilot
STAR WARS DAY: AT-ST and x3 Speeder Bikes

RotJ - Jabba's Palace Series (July-August 2020)
* Skiff Lando and Bouschh Leia
* Bib Fortuna and B'omarr Monk
* EV-99 and 8D8
* Gamorrean Guard and Weequay
* Nikto and Barada
BIRTHDAY: Rancor and Skiff

RotJ - Endor and Death Star Series (12 Days of Christmas 2020-2021)
* General Lando and Nein Nunb
* Ewok Leia and Saga Teebo and Saga(?) Chief Chirpa
* Vader (w/removable helmet) and Ackbar
* Cinema Scene Yoda Spirit and Anakin Spirit (again, Harmy's B))
* A-Wing Pilot and Ten Numb
* A-Wing, B-Wing, and Y-Wing

If he isn't into Star Wars as much as he is now oh well. Back into the crawl space they go. I figure trickling things down will allow him to really enjoy each new figure received and a few waves a year will help maintain his interest. He's turning 4 this summer. I tried holding out showing him SW until he was older but he sees my Collector Series 12" figures on display and found Star Wars on the DVD shelf and asked to watch it. I could only say no so many times. Thankfully he wasn't bored. It is one of his favorite movies alongside Wizard of Oz and Nightmare Before Christmas.

Reaction score
That definitely sounds cool, I can't imagine what I'd do if I had every figure in the line up front as a kid. Patience is never taught these days, neither is soaking up what you actually have and enjoying it. I knew every inch of my figures because I bought them myself with allowance or got them as a gift and I cherished each time, so that when I built up my collection, I had quite an appreciation for it. I still have all my POTF2 figures and all their accessories. I took great care of them, probably helped I started collecting in 5th grade as opposed to a younger kid that might lose weapons fast. Enjoy the passing down process!

Reaction score
http://s185.photobucket.com/user/boba_fett300/library/Boba Fett POTF?sort=3&page=1

I believe that Jeremy Bulloch, or his people, had the stickers made and applied them to carded figures to sell at conventions.
I think that Peter Mayhew may have done the same thing.

Reaction score
I actually miss the old POTF2 days. Once Episode 1 reared it's ugly head in winter 1998 with those flashback figures, things really went downhill. POTF2 had a nice stream of figures and variety coming through.

Reaction score
I actually miss the old POTF2 days. Once Episode 1 reared it's ugly head in winter 1998 with those flashback figures, things really went downhill. POTF2 had a nice stream of figures and variety coming through.
I agree, it was a well paced, well planned line. I really enjoyed collecting the Shadows Of The Empire figures for some reason, even though I barely read the book. Now I'm reading the book again and while it is slow, it's still got some enjoyable set pieces and action.

Reaction score
Agree! I was also a huge fan of the freeze frame packaging. Not sure why but something about it just made it stand out and looked really cool.

Reaction score
they were odd at first because the slide was the character's photo but definitely a unique bonus. I always thought that the freeze frame figures would be the modern day vintage POTF Coin figures in terms of value. They may never be because most are all old sculpts of the characters and most collectors chase down the better sculpted and more obscure characters from the TAC-VC lines. But from a single year packaging standpoint, it's a very nice set to have based on the fact that it's littered with the all the fan favorite characters and creatures with a couple new additions.

I always wished it went longer because we may have gotten a couple more repacks of Yoda, Bossk, Ponda Baba (who was set to be made in the last wave), and maybe a Lando Bespin.

Reaction score
I always just liked have a little pack in goody. Freeze Frames were okay. I liked the stands later on, and I loved the coins.

But I always thought that they should have included a trading card. With the image of the packaged figure on the front, and the cardback on the back. And have it fit into a little stand behind the figure.

Reaction score
I always just liked have a little pack in goody. Freeze Frames were okay. I liked the stands later on, and I loved the coins.

But I always thought that they should have included a trading card. With the image of the packaged figure on the front, and the cardback on the back. And have it fit into a little stand behind the figure.

your giving hasbro too much credit. a trading card of that description would be sweet. just feel lucky they thought of freeze frames.

Reaction score
the comic book shop that I go to once in awhile when I can afford the gas trip etc. I always save up money to buy a few old carded Power of the Force 2 and some Saga 2002-2004 stuff. I still think the old Piett figure is nice looking along with a few surprise figures from back then for Power of the Force 2 from the mid late 1990s.

Back then us older folk were probably glad a Piett figure got made after a long long time since 1983 where there were no special Imperial officer figures besides the black outfit Imperial officer

Reaction score
the comic book shop that I go to once in awhile when I can afford the gas trip etc. I always save up money to buy a few old carded Power of the Force 2 and some Saga 2002-2004 stuff. I still think the old Piett figure is nice looking along with a few surprise figures from back then for Power of the Force 2 from the mid late 1990s.

Back then us older folk were probably glad a Piett figure got made after a long long time since 1983 where there were no special Imperial officer figures besides the black outfit Imperial officer
yep, Tarkin was awesome. I remember when my brother got him and although he had rather small head proportionately, his sculpt was spot on for the time. Still my favorite head sculpt of the entire POTF2 line I think.

Reaction score
How many Freeze Frame slides were actually released?

How many Freeze Frame slides were actually released? I have 58 different ones (which I thought was the complete set since Ponda Baba was not released) but the photo archive here says 59:

http://www.rebelscum.com/potf2freezeframes.asp

However, in all the photos, R2-D2 is shown twice (and he is counted twice in the 59 count).

Were there 58 or 59 Freeze Frames released?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Without searching the web, If I remember right there was a mistake on the R2 slide which was corrected causing a variant.

Reaction score
Without searching the web, If I remember right there was a mistake on the R2 slide which was corrected causing a variant.
Ah, you're right. One says "Shutting down the Imperial trash compactor" and one says "Shutting down the Death Star trash compactor".

Thanks, totally missed that.

Reaction score
I'm in a couple of them. Kind of just stumbled on them. I was amazed by how much activity there was.

Reaction score
Not too long ago, and then again recently, pulled the Cantina set out of storage for some shots