Power Of The Force General Discussion Thread

Reaction score
Hmmmm....sounds like a factory packaging error vs a true variant and as such it may actually lower its value (if that's actually possible for the abundant POTF2 line.) :(

Reaction score
Ok, so after a little further research, it is likely a factory error as here are the known POTF2 FF Variations for Bespin Luke and Vader with Removable Helmet:

Luke Skywalker (Bespin)
___ .00 “Marie”, Col. 1, 4 digit, bio border is gold
___ .01 “Marae”, Col. 1, 4 digit, bio border is silver
___ .01 “Marae”, Col. 1, 5 digit, bio border is silver
___ .00 “Marie”, Col. 1, 4 digit, bio border is gold, missing saber (pe)
___ .01 “Marae”, Col. 1, 4 digit, bio border is silver, w/Princess Leia (all new likeness) frame, (pe)
___ .01 “Marae”, Col. 1, 4 digit, bio border is silver, no paint on removeable hand (pe)
___ .01 “Marae”, Col. 1, 4 digit, bio border is silver, missing blaster (pe)
___ .01 “Marae”, Col. 1, 4 digit, bio border is silver, w/Ben Kenobi’s lightsaber (saber hilts differ) (pe)

Darth Vader (with Removable Helmet)
___ .00, Col. 3, 4 digit, no serial # on slide, ss/st
___ .00, Col. 3, 5 digit, .01 on slide, ss/st
___ .00, Col. 3, 5 digit, .01 on slide, micro saber/short tray (pe)
___ .00, Col. 3, 5 digit, .01 on slide, ss/st
___ .00, Col. 3, 5 digit, .01 on slide, ss/st, 2 blue buttons on chest plate (normally 1 is red and 1 is blue) (pe)

Reaction score
WTB: POTF AT-ST round hatch, walk/stand mechanism and spring and stickers.

Hi everyone. I am new at this. I posted this in the vintage CLASSIFIEDS and was told to post this under Hasbro. I am looking to buy the round hatch for the 1995 POTF AT-ST. I just bought an old one on EBay but its missing the round hatch. The WALK/STAND switch is also stuck so I d like to replace the switch mechanism and the spring. Id like to clean it up and get some stickers for it as well. I can buy separate or together. IF YOU HAVE ANY OF THESE ID BE HAPPY.

Thank you!

Reaction score
One thing that always bothered me about POTF2, is why didn't Kenner/Hasbro sculpt figures that could actually fit inside the vehicles? None of them fit the original Vintage-sculpt vehicles released with the first several waves of POTF2. It just doesn't make sense.

I enjoyed POTF2 overall, as it was the line I grew up with. But that's the one thing that has always bothered me, even more than the comic book style bodies of the early figures. There was just something sucky about Han having to take up two seats in the Millennium Falcon cockpit.

Reaction score
Hanging out in a room with shelves full of stuff I
One thing that always bothered me about POTF2, is why didn't Kenner/Hasbro sculpt figures that could actually fit inside the vehicles? None of them fit the original Vintage-sculpt vehicles released with the first several waves of POTF2. It just doesn't make sense.

I enjoyed POTF2 overall, as it was the line I grew up with. But that's the one thing that has always bothered me, even more than the comic book style bodies of the early figures. There was just something sucky about Han having to take up two seats in the Millennium Falcon cockpit.
Basically this, as the lore goes Hasbro (with recently acquired Kenner) was going to reissue all the old vintage molded figures but Lucasfilm convinced them to release new figures, but since Hasbro still had some/most of the old vehicle molds they re-released them and saved on creating process of trying to start from scratch with entire new molds. But the new figures as nearly all figures were in the 90's were roided up muscle bound WWF rejects working in other careers as He-man toys and such lol.

Galaxy of Toys did a Podcast about it here
Galaxy Of Toys: Star Wars Collector Show » Episode 47: The Power Of The Force 2 Turns 20

If your a POTF2 enthusiast as I am I suggest giving it a listen as it's a really nice cast about much of the years of the POTF2 run.

Reaction score
Greetings
I started collecting POTF2 not long after I mailed away for the Froot Loops Han Solo Stormtrooper. To be exact, it was just after the Freeze Frame wave and the start of the Flashback waves. I spent my early years digging back to complete the Red/Orange card and Green card sets. I got deeper into SW AF collecting with the EP1 figures. I stopped collecting after the AOTC Sneak Preview figs. Needless to say I have been out of the SW AF collecting game for quite some time but I still have a good chunk of my POTF2 collection (carded and loose) boxed up and packed away in the basement. I’m thinking it’s time to break out the loose figures and take inventory(play with them).

Reaction score

That's where I wish I had the OTC Falcon instead of the POTF2 Falcon. They modified it to fit the figures. It's tight, but at least they fit.

doo

Reaction score
Hello,
Does anyone have any information on these Kenner Baggies figures from POTF2?

What about these Commtech Stormtroopers that are in bags as well but they are not assembled?

I got them years ago on ebay and can't remember much about them. (I only bought them because I like the vintage kenner baggie figures).

Reaction score
I am pretty sure the stormtroopers were a mail away at the time.

Not sure about the other bagged figures though. I am assuming they were bought straight from Kenner at the time?

I know the Star Wars fan club sold POTF2 figures but I am pretty sure they came carded like in retail.

-Eliseo

Reaction score
Today i got a POTF2 snowtrooper figure on the card for a pretty good deal ($8) but i realy dont get why they dont include a stand with every figure because i am a loose collector and i dont like all of my figures to fall over :-( does anybody know of a good place to buy stands in bulk or another way to make figures stand without falling over?

Reaction score
Today i got a POTF2 snowtrooper figure on the card for a pretty good deal ($8) but i realy dont get why they dont include a stand with every figure because i am a loose collector and i dont like all of my figures to fall over :-( does anybody know of a good place to buy stands in bulk or another way to make figures stand without falling over?

You can find stands on eBay for potf2 figures pretty easily, there are lots for decent prices.
you could also find museum/collectors putty, which you can use to stand figures without damaging them. "Collectors hold" is brand that I use. Although I generally use it for bootlegs which have no feet holes to fit stand pegs.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hanging out in a room with shelves full of stuff I
Someone here on RS showed me some to purchase here Action Figure Stands for GI JOE, Marvel, Star Wars, Forces of Valor, and more!

I sometimes go here Protech Clear Stands for Newer Star Wars figures and others

sometimes here Action Figure Stands 25-Pack - Clear - Entertainment Earth - Star Wars - Stands at Entertainment Earth

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wow, nobody has uttered a word here since 2012?! Well, if anyone sees this, could you tell me what the color of the POTF Falcon's canopy is? Am I mistaken to believe that the canopy is the same color as the gunner's window that has a bluish hue to it? Thanks for ANY replies. Whew, this thread's as barren as Tatooine.

Reaction score
Was an oversight. Now that that's been settled, can anyone answer my question please or does anyone else care to jump on the post count band wagon? Thanks for your time.

Reaction score
Heck of an oversight! :p

... And no, I can't answer your question either.

Reaction score
Was an oversight. Now that that's been settled, can anyone answer my question please or does anyone else care to jump on the post count band wagon? Thanks for your time.
Honestly man, all you have to do is check out many loose eBay auctions of this ship and you'd find your answer. It looks tinted grey from every angle I've seen including open and flipped up. Not sure why it matters, but there's your answer. It seems to be exactly the same clear plastic used for the gunner's seat as well. I don't think it's blue at all, that's probably the original Kenner one you saw.

Reaction score
Actually I do own the original '79 and have checked against pieces on-line, eBay, what have you. As far as eBay goes, the seller's of these items take the crappiest pictures, so I can't get a good read on the color. I suspect that it should be the same "tint" as the gunner's glass so as to keep with uniformity, but I was hoping for confirmation from any of you fine members that own this particular Falcon. That said, perhaps a rephrase of my original question is in order. Does the cockpit canopy for the POTF2 Falcon match the gunner's glass?

Reaction score
does anyone have a loose beater version of Admiral Ackbar from the POTF line that they are looking to throw away? I need the arms from him for a custom action figure project that I'm working on. I had the body at one point but it was accidently thrown away in a box of other junk. :(

Reaction score
A good detailed vid I did of "HOW TO PLAY ESCAPE DEATH STAR ACTION FIGURE GAME POTF 2 Target Exclusive 1998"

I copied pasted my vid description:

GAMES PLAYLIST http://tinyurl.com/jrna848
VIDEO TIMECODE:

00:00 INTRO
• What’s in this video

00:50 3-3/4“ ACTION FIGURES & WEAPONS
• Exclusive Power of the Force 2 Darth Vader Removable Helmet & Cape
• Exclusive Luke Skywalker Trash Compactor Stormtrooper disguise
• Original 12 Kenner Action Figures And Boba Fett
• Weapons

04:25 GAMEPLAY EXAMPLE
• Using my Original Vintage 1977 Kenner Action figures including Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Han Solo, Chewbacca, and Mail-away Boba Fett

07:05 SPECIAL RULES
• Code Sequence Card Battle
• Detention Center
• Weapons Locker
• Escape Detention Block
• Acquiring Weapon to add a Battle Die
• Removing Boba Fett and Stormtroopers after Battle
• Trash Compactor Space Shortcut Movement
• Named Rooms
• Boba Fett wins Battle Tie Die Rolls
• Imperials Win by Collecting (4) Code Sequence Cards from Defeated Rebels
• Vader Action Figure without Helmet and Cape

10:35 PRINTED INSTRUCTIONS
• Game 1: Simple Game for 6-7yr Olds
• Game 2: Rebels vs Imperials Shown in the Gameplay
• Combat Rules

12:28 BOX DESIGN
• How Action Figures are shown in blister pack
• How components are stored inside box
• Back of Box

13:20 VIDEO LINKS
• Links to my Collectibles Playlists

Reaction score
I have a question about the red carded figures with the hologram. Are they really that rare? How many figures came out like that?
Thanks

JVM

Reaction score
I notice POTF2 Grand Admiral Thrawn is skyrocketing on the secondary market, probably due to excitement over his upcoming appearance in Rebels. Makes me feel dumb for not picking him up sooner when he was a cheap.

Reaction score
I notice POTF2 Grand Admiral Thrawn is skyrocketing on the secondary market, probably due to excitement over his upcoming appearance in Rebels. Makes me feel dumb for not picking him up sooner when he was a cheap.
Good to know - Thanks. I remember having a hard time finding this figure in the late '90's when it originally hit retail. I had to end up ordering it from the now-defunct Star Wars Fan Club for several dollars over the retail cost. Great figure, but not quite as good as the later Thrawn figure that came out in the 200X's - in the comic pack with Talon Karrde.

JVM

Reaction score
Good to know - Thanks. I remember having a hard time finding this figure in the late '90's when it originally hit retail. I had to end up ordering it from the now-defunct Star Wars Fan Club for several dollars over the retail cost. Great figure, but not quite as good as the later Thrawn figure that came out in the 200X's - in the comic pack with Talon Karrde.
I bought the later version fresh when it was released. My figure has trouble holding a weapon and I do wish the skin tone were a bit more blue, but all that said, it's still a pretty great figure even by today's standards, and besides the hard 'skirt' holds up alongside the most recent TBS releases.

The POTF2 version was never much of a priority as a result, especially since Thrawn hasn't been an active character since then.... so I can understand the demand being high right now. :)

Reaction score
I've slowly been rebuilding my POTF2 collection and I, too, am kicking myself for putting Thrawn off. He's one of the few EU figs I kept waiting on.

Sent from my LG-D725 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Looking for some visual help.
Long ago, I lost both of the little orange/red guns from the front of my POTF2 Vader's TIE Fighter. I'm trying to figure out what they looked like so I can either find them or find replacements. Looking at the highest resolution photos I could find did not help much.

I was hoping someone here would be able to snap some closeups. Maybe even of the guns separate from the vehicle so I can see what the entire piece looks like. It could be from any of the releases -- POTF2, Saga2, 30th, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Reaction score
So two things: first off, it may be my nostalgia talking, but I think the Cruisemissle Trooper is a fantastic vehicle. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense, and is not very practical, but it was always fun as a kid, and I enjoy it a lot now.

The second thing: MY PotF2 Thrawn has broken in the weirdest way. It seems to have cracked diagonally across the crotch area. I can fit the piece back on, and with some glue it should be fine, but its such a weird place for it to break.

Reaction score
I have a question about the red carded figures with the hologram. Are they really that rare? How many figures came out like that?
Thanks
I've got a few- a stormtrooper, a vader and a yoda, with the yoda apparently being the most rare of those three. I just think that they look cool.

Reaction score
Trying to figure out if this is a good deal:

Four boxed POTF2 double figures for $50? (I guess it'd technically be 10 figures for $50 since 2 come in a pack ;) )
SaveSave

Last edited:
Reaction score
Which double figures are you talking about?
Leia with ewok, Leia with R2D2, Leia with Han, and Leia with Luke. I liked them because all the clothing was fabric and Leia had different outfits in every one.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Leia with ewok, Leia with R2D2, Leia with Han, and Leia with Luke. I liked them because all the clothing was fabric and Leia had different outfits in every one.
Ah, the Leia collection! I would say that is a good deal. Seems like a fair price. I wouldn't think the buyer would like to go lower than $40 though.

Reaction score
You know what I love a lot from this line? The Outrider. It's pretty undersized and even Dash doesn't fit very well, but overall I've always loved this as one of the few EU ships ever released. Never been crazy about the "attack mode", or as I always thought it, the B-Wing mode though.

Reaction score
For me, the Power of the Force 2 series back then is what got me back into Star Wars figures. I still dont care how buff the POTF2 Luke is. Later on Kenner/Hasbro did improve and tweaked around with the last run of Power of the Force 2 Luke figures by adding accessories.

Every now and then few months at a time I go to the comic book shop and they still have old Power of the Force 2 Star Wars figures pegwarming on a small rack. The figures are still in the cards but they are a bit pricey up to 12 bucks.

Reaction score
Hi! Quick question. I have come across a carded Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker with hologram sticker. I have not seen it elsewhere. Anyone know if these were actually made or just someone added the sticker afterwards? Any thoughts? Thanks! :)

Front:

Back: