Power Of The Force General Discussion Thread

GNT

Reaction score
Discuss all random aspects of the Power of the Force (1995 - 2000) line here.

Reaction score
Hey all. I just discovered that I have a POTF transition tray Obi Wan. I can't seem to find much up to date information on this figure. Can someone point me in the right direction? A the posts I have read seem to be at least 5 years old. Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Excellent, except I have an issue. The one I have is a .01, and this info says that the only SS/LT was a .00. A little more info about the figure. I purchased it from a Super K Mart in 1996 when I worked in the toy dept.

Reaction score
I just went through my collection, which is mostly POTF2, hoping to find a Kenobi Short Saber/Long Tray. I didn't, but I DID find a Shorter Saber/Short Tray. I have a few other short saber Kenobis from the .01 series to compare it to, and it is definitely a shorter saber, with a gap at the bottom of the tray.
I have noticed that the rebelscum price guide is the only place I have seen this variant mentioned. Maybe I am just doing some poor googling, but does anyone have any more information on this variant? Perhaps, just how rare it is, etc?

Thank you very much.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi Guys. Anyone ever heard of a error POTF2 FF Snowtrooper with a Emperors Royal Guard Hologram? Any idea how rare this is/ value? Thanks

Reaction score
Do you think its a fair trade for a recarded Vintage Trilogo Emperor?
Probably not, but that's up to you.

While errors like this are rare, not too many people even care about POTF2 figures all that much anymore.

Though I'd wait for an expert to chime in, as I am not one.

Reaction score
Thought we could get a kick out of this. Apparently, TRU will take anything back!

It wouldn't scan in the price-scanner, so someone must have keyed it in manually.

Reaction score
Haha, for some reason I always thought it would be funny if someone tried to return a POTF2 figure to a store and see the reaction of the store clerk. I guess someone actually did it.

Reaction score
This beats the previous record holder I found a few years back of a Shadows of the Empire Boush Leia at Walmart.

Reaction score
Great pic. of the POTF2 Lobot. It's ironic that this figure was extremely HTF when it first hit back in 1998. At that time, I never saw this @ regular retail, but did randomly coming across Lobot & the rest of his wave (which, IIRC, included Mon Mothma, EV-9D9, and Orimmarko (Prune Face) ) at a grocery store, of all places.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have a LXW from the POTF2 that I also purchased when I worked at a toy store during the original release.

Mine is a factory error that came to the store in the same shipper as the SS/LT transitional figures, which I also purchased at the time (but no longer have)

I saved the LXW because it was packed with no saber at all! Is this valuable in today's market? does anyone know?
I'm thinking of selling the remainder of my POTF2 1990s collection and not sure what to do with this piece. Thanks in advance for any help :)

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I do not deal much in the POTF stuff but I came across a few pretty cool pieces that came from a former Kenner\Hasbro employee. I have 3 box proofs, each containing internal writing on the inside of the boxes as well as sign off "proof approval" sheets, unsigned.

The boxes are:

Landspeeder (1995 Kenner)
Luke Skywalker and Taun Taun (1997 Kenner)
Ronto and Jawa (1997 Kenner)

I'm looking to see if anyone knows the value of these boxes and of there is any interest. If you are interested, please send me an email at:

flaro_21@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Reaction score
General question, is there any appropriate forum to post an auction for POTF figures? Thank you.

Reaction score
General question, is there any appropriate forum to post an auction for POTF figures? Thank you.
I am pretty certain that is against forum rules but if you wanted to offer them to forum members at fair market value in the classifieds that shouldn't be an issue.

Reaction score
I am pretty certain that is against forum rules but if you wanted to offer them to forum members at fair market value in the classifieds that shouldn't be an issue.
Thanks. The problem I have been having (I collected them as a kid and maintained them) is I can't find a guide or any type of topics discussing fair market value for the figures. Do you have any suggested sites or magazines I could check?

My figures are open but with all the original boxes and accessories which also makes it even more difficult to find market value. Any help is appreciated in advance!

GNT

Reaction score
$5 for the lot!

In all honesty they aren't worth much at all, maybe the later figures in the line around the Commtech era but other then that most of the figures have been updated a few times so most collectors and new fans will go for the SA versions that have been released since. POTF2 figures will just be for nostalgia, you'd probably get more out of it giving them to young kids or relatives.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Does anyone know (or have a link to) the case breakdown for the once-infamous "R2-D2 with Holographic Leia" wave of commtech figures? I've got one that's been sitting on my shelf for 12 years and I've forgotten what's in there.

Reaction score
Does anyone know (or have a link to) the case breakdown for the once-infamous "R2-D2 with Holographic Leia" wave of commtech figures? I've got one that's been sitting on my shelf for 12 years and I've forgotten what's in there.
POTF2 - Basic Figures
SirSteve said:
POTF Assortment #84185B - October 1999
Note: All are w/COMMtech Chip
3 x Darth Vader with Interrogation Droid (.0000)
3 x Stormtrooper with Battle Damage and Blaster Rifle Rack (.0000)
1 x R2-D2 w/'Holographic' Leia (.0000)
2 x Han Solo with Blaster Pistol and Holster (.0000)
1 x Luke Skywalker with T-16 Skyhopper Model (.0000)
1 x Greedo with Blaster Pistol (.0000)
1 x Jawa with 'Gonk' Droid (.0000) w/no holes in feet, 1 hole or 2 holes

Reaction score
I would want to see their reaction if I returned a MISB Ewok Village and be like i bought this yesterday!LOL

Reaction score
hi guys. this is my first post.
i have a large collection of potf2 and episode 1 figures and some from episode 2.
i'm looking to purchase some of the figures i'm missing from my collection.
is now a good time to buy or should i wait until the episode vii comes out?
will they be cheaper then or is now the time to buy?
i'm mostly looking at sales on ebay and they seem pretty low...
i'm not exactly looking for any expensive variants, just regular figures.
what do you guys think?

Reaction score
hi guys. this is my first post.
i have a large collection of potf2 and episode 1 figures and some from episode 2.
i'm looking to purchase some of the figures i'm missing from my collection.
is now a good time to buy or should i wait until the episode vii comes out?
will they be cheaper then or is now the time to buy?
i'm mostly looking at sales on ebay and they seem pretty low...
i'm not exactly looking for any expensive variants, just regular figures.
what do you guys think?
If you are only looking to buy PotF2/Ep1/SAGA figures, you might as well buy them now, they are all pretty cheap (with a few exceptions) so buying lots will help you lower the price.

If you're looking for figures from every lines, take some time to really check which figures you are looking for (you may not need 20 Vader for example), you will save a lot of money by only buying your favorite fig from each character.

Note that very few figures stay high in price, usually it's a mix of novelty (the TVC line is quite high nowadays) and perceived "rarity" (the last waves of each line are usually produced in lower numbers, figs from KOTOR are desirable because gamers tend to buy only these).

Again, try to buy lots of figures to keep the price low, and then cherry pick the last few ones you miss with a little overcharge.

Reaction score
thanks!
i don't want to spend too much money now, so i was hoping to spread my purchases out over the next couple of years.
i'm just afraid that when the new films come out, all figures from all lines will demand higher prices and at that point i won't be able to afford them. maybe i'll purchase the rare ones now, and pick up the not so rare ones in the future....

thanks for your response.

Reaction score
The old figures (PotF2-SAGA) will probably never go up in price. They were all overproduced, and most of the characters have been repainted/repacked or resculpted in later lines.

For example, in the Potf2 line, the only characters that have not been yet redone are :
- ASP-7
- EV-9D9
- Yakface
- 8D8
- Captain Piett
- Death Star Droid (although there were BAD in the TLC line)
- Ishi Tib
- Lak Sivrak
- Mon Mothma
- Pote Snitkin
- Ree-Yees

You can have those for 3-10$ each.

Again, I'd recommend that you use your advantage of coming so late to really look at the figures (use the database or the book 30 years of action figures) and only buy the figures you like the most when there have been many different sculpts (Luke farmer for example). You will avoid lots of duplicates and save lots of money.

Plus, if you get most figures for 3-5$, it doesn't hurt that much to spend 50 on the one rare figure in a line ;)

Reaction score
Can vintage kenner figures fit on the pegs with the POTF2 re release of the Tatooine Skiff from 1999?

Reaction score
I'm trying to rebox my POTF2 AT-ST and can't for the life of me figure out how it was placed in the box. Can anyone either explain it to me, or take a picture of how it fits in there? Thanks!

Reaction score
Vintage figures have much larger peg holes than modern figures, though POTF are slightly larger than "modern" modern figures.

The skiff pegs are too big for current figures, but too small for vintage.

Reaction score
I am currently cataloguing my SW collection. And I understand that this series is marked as 2. Although none of the packaging on any of the toys says Power of the Force 2. Is the 2, just an accepted term collectors use to separate the vintage POTF from the 1995/2000 run or is that the official name from Hasbro? And if so why did they not name it properly on the packaging?

Reaction score
I am currently cataloguing my SW collection. And I understand that this series is marked as 2. Although none of the packaging on any of the toys says Power of the Force 2. Is the 2, just an accepted term collectors use to separate the vintage POTF from the 1995/2000 run or is that the official name from Hasbro? And if so why did they not name it properly on the packaging?
It is my understanding that calling it Power of the Force 2 is just an accepted term that is used by collectors, used primarily for the reason you mentioned. I do not believe Hasbro calls this line Power of the Force 2.

Reaction score
I got my original Han Solo Stormtrooper (the mailaway version) at a garage sale for a quarter, with no weapon, and gave it no thought.

I recently got one in a lot that was still sealed in the bag, and realized that it didn't come with a blaster. I would have been a pretty disappointed kid back then if I had waited weeks for that figure to come in the mail and then not gotten a blaster with it.

Reaction score
I got my original Han Solo Stormtrooper (the mailaway version) at a garage sale for a quarter, with no weapon, and gave it no thought.

I recently got one in a lot that was still sealed in the bag, and realized that it didn't come with a blaster. I would have been a pretty disappointed kid back then if I had waited weeks for that figure to come in the mail and then not gotten a blaster with it.
Agreed. Back in Fall 1995 when I first got this mail-away figure, I so happy that this Han Solo Stormtrooper figure was even being made that I overlooked the lack of a blaster. It was one of my highly desired figures back in the OOT Vintage days, so getting this at all was great.

It's interesting that this original Han Stormie was followed by a great POTF2 Luke Stormie (Fall 1996), as well as a three pack of Han/Luke Stormtrooper & Chewie in 1997.

Reaction score

Agreed. Back in Fall 1995 when I first got this mail-away figure, I so happy that this Han Solo Stormtrooper figure was even being made that I overlooked the lack of a blaster. It was one of my highly desired figures back in the OOT Vintage days, so getting this at all was great.

It's interesting that this original Han Stormie was followed by a great POTF2 Luke Stormie (Fall 1996), as well as a three pack of Han/Luke Stormtrooper & Chewie in 1997.

Reaction score
I really want a 3d cantina diorama. Is the set durable?

Reaction score
Another question, is there any POFT2 Luke that doesn't have a terrible face likeness?