Power Droid (Lars Homestead)

GNT

Reaction score
It appears we’ll be seeing a Power Droid in the Vintage line, is that enough to get excited about?

Reaction score
Not for me, I never got the excitement or appeal over a Gonk. It's a nice background fodder item, but not something I want to pay$14 for.
Seems more like an accessory to a vehicle/playset, or be a two pack with a Jawa...

Unless it's all new with advanced articulation and gonk noise?

Makes it even less exhilarating for me, when nothing else was announce with it.

bac

Reaction score

Reaction score
If i'm not mistaken, this is a brand new sculpt... unless it was offered in a multipack that i forgot about.

Reaction score
It was in a Target 3-pack if I'm not mistaken.

But this looks like a repaint of that figure.

Reaction score
Not exactly a figure to get excited about, especially considering it was the only new TVC reveal. This is a basic figure at best, with what, 4 POA? We're really getting taken with this line - they retool & repaint a basic figure and slap on the SA pricepoint.

Reaction score
Love it! These are the pieces that really flesh out and add variety to the collection for me. What Star Wars is all about :)

Reaction score
View attachment 345282

I understand that Hasbro is trying to complete the original vintage figures with this particular droid, buuuuuut now that they have the molds for the articulated legs I wish they'd make more Gonk droids. So many cool updated designs with all the new movies. Some of the feet are different but that could be overlooked...
I'd buy all of em :)

Reaction score
That's exactly why I'm excited for this one; he can be a means to an end and I can convert, kitbash and customize him to my hearts content! There really isn't a scene or diorama where a variant of a Gonk wouldn't belong.

Reaction score
Yeah this is fine. It's new. I will get it. But it just isn't something to get all that thrilled about.

kk1

Reaction score
Looks to be missing a lot of the paint details on both sides (also color seems a little dark)

The right side has always been difficult to see but I haven't checked screencaps from ANH since Disney put out the 4K scan which probably gives a more detailed view (but it's definitely not just blank)

I'd like the Mos Eisly Gonk too

Last edited:
Reaction score
Lars famly power droid! One of my top wants of the last decade and fills a vintage remake. Now if they could just make 3 or 4 more like that per year.

Reaction score
View attachment 345282

I understand that Hasbro is trying to complete the original vintage figures with this particular droid, buuuuuut now that they have the molds for the articulated legs I wish they'd make more Gonk droids. So many cool updated designs with all the new movies. Some of the feet are different but that could be overlooked...
This should be a droid multipack. But it’s Hasbro so another missed opportunity

Reaction score
Looks to be missing a lot of the paint details on both sides (also color seems a little dark)

The right side has always been difficult to see but I haven't checked screencaps from ANH since Disney put out the 4K scan which probably gives a more detailed view (but it's definitely not just blank)

Great, so the one thing that is new they screwed up 👍🏻

Reaction score

I can forgive some of the sculpted knobs and dials that are missing on the bottom section cause that would mean making new molds but it seems to be missing painted on design :/

Reaction score
I'm excited, if only because this is one of the last of the old vintage re-dos. On my personal list, only moustache Bespin guard and Sim Aloo remain.

(well, also gloveless X-Wing Luke and puppet Sy Snootles if you get real technical...)

Reaction score
It appears we’ll be seeing a Power Droid in the Vintage line, is that enough to get excited about?
Not really. Its a good figure, and I'll definitely get it.......already pre-ordered through online retailer. Shame it won't be here till late in the year.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Maybe with the late year release date, they'll increase the number of details and paint apps...

Reaction score
I kinda feel for the person who painted up that power droid. All that detail work and it was only in a long shot in the movie.

I can forgive Hasbro for leaving out some of those finer details. It is a 4" figure after all. I still can't believe I'm getting a Lars freaking Power Droid.