POTJ not much love?

Reaction score
Hello fellow collectors,

I've been selling off my old collection to help pay for my new collection. I was looking at all my sold items when I realized that I have barely sold any of my POTJ line, but I've sold a ton of my POTF2 line?!

I thought that the POTJ was one of the best so I can't figure out why they aren't selling. So I figured I could do to things with this post.

A) Get your opinion as to why this is
B) See if you guys have any figures you're missing that I can help you with

Just take look at my sold and you'll see what I'm talking about...also check out what's still for sale.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB19&Number=4378886&fpart=&PHPSESSID=

Reaction score
Dang, I wish I caught this earlier. I need a ton of those Hallmark ornaments! If any sales on those don't go through, drop me a PM and I might be interested.

I'm not sure why the POTJ figures are lingering. Some of them, however, are marked at $7.00-$12.00 which might be a bit high for these. To me, these seem like fair enough prices, but most collectors can afford to be patient and pick them up much cheaper when people are clearing out their collections.

You're absolutely right, the POTJ line is where Hasbro really upped a notch in terms of figure quality. It may be that because of this, most collectors already have the figures in their collections.

At any rate, much luck to you on your sales!

-Bobby

Reaction score
Your points make sense. I was wondering why the He-manish POTF2 line was selling more then the POTJ line.

PM sent RE ornaments.

Sharp said:
Dang, I wish I caught this earlier. I need a ton of those Hallmark ornaments! If any sales on those don't go through, drop me a PM and I might be interested.

I'm not sure why the POTJ figures are lingering. Some of them, however, are marked at $7.00-$12.00 which might be a bit high for these. To me, these seem like fair enough prices, but most collectors can afford to be patient and pick them up much cheaper when people are clearing out their collections.

You're absolutely right, the POTJ line is where Hasbro really upped a notch in terms of figure quality. It may be that because of this, most collectors already have the figures in their collections.

At any rate, much luck to you on your sales!

-Bobby

Reaction score
I have bought several POTJ figures on ebay over the last few years because I wasnt collecting at that point and missed out on quite a few nice figures. I never paid over $5 for any of them, and that was carded, loose was less, so I think you might be pricing yours too high, I think a more reasonable price would be in the $4-$6 range

I would be interested it a lot of those Halmark ornaments as well if I wasnt flat broke right now, you have some really good ones there!

Reaction score
I appreciate your input. I do have to say that I've sold a ton of stuff over the last 10yrs. I always price my items the same way. About 90% like my prices and the other 10% doesn't. You can please all the people all of the time as they say.

Feel free to PM if you're ever interested in any of the remaining ornaments.

Thanks again for comments.

Spookymufu said:
I have bought several POTJ figures on ebay over the last few years because I wasnt collecting at that point and missed out on quite a few nice figures. I never paid over $5 for any of them, and that was carded, loose was less, so I think you might be pricing yours too high, I think a more reasonable price would be in the $4-$6 range

I would be interested it a lot of those Halmark ornaments as well if I wasnt flat broke right now, you have some really good ones there!

Reaction score
My guess is that most POTJ figures have been updated.

Reaction score
I remember obtaining a couple when they first came out. I was working at an FAO Schwarz at the time, and recall stashing away and buying a Porkins figure.

Recently I bough the Amidala figure with the red dress and little lights around the hem used at a convention. I had never seen her in stores, but the figure was pretty well done, even the painted facial features.

Reaction score
BoboFatt said:
FDOIRex said:
My guess is that most POTJ figures have been updated.
That makes sense except it doesn't explain why I've sold so many more POTF2 figures.
Because POTF2 has it's own 'style'. It's the over-buff POTF2 style. It also has the history of being the first modern line, and there is a lot of nostalgia around it. POTJ, however, is just under-articulated modern figures.

Reaction score
I like the POTJ line - though it's probably the most underrated SW line these days, it's also the first line to combine the PT (only EP1 at that time) and the OT. IMHO it gave us some the best all-around SW figures, which include: the superb Tessek (Squid-head), Ellors Madak (one of my all-time favorite cantina aliens), Porkins, the first Cloud City/Bespin guard, the only Schmi (sp?!) in the line, a very nice Snaggletooth figure (thought this was technically from the Holiday special, it was based on the OOT Vintage figure, which was a nice homage), and an amazing Amanaman (Deluxe figure).

The line is all-but ignored these days probably because it came out after EP1 - after the huge deluge of TPM figures that we got in '99 and the first part of 2000, I believe these POTJ were under-produced as a result. I remember having a hard time finding many of these POTJ figures back in the day, and having to buy several of them from the SW Fan Club and/or at comic stores as a result.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I liked the POTJ line. There were some great figures in there, and those Force Files were pretty cool. Squid Head, Bo Shek, Teebo, Chess-Playing Chewie, Ellors, FX-7, K-3PO, the Amidalas, and Zutton are some of my favorites.

As for why it appears there's a lack of interest, I agree that some figures have been updated in more defintive versions, and also that a lot of new SW collectors jumped on board right around Ep.1 and picked these guys up when they first hit retail.

Also, it seems like there's been a slowly growing nostalgic interest in the POTF2 stuff. While they were great when they first appeared, they were eventually shunned like a mutated, ravenous, formerly conjoined twin that's been locked up in the attic once POTJ, Saga, OTC, etc. came along. Everything becomes cool again, it seems.

Reaction score
Loved the POTJ line. It's still my favorite line produced. The packaging was neat and the line featured some extremely well made improvements to figures (Boss Nass), great updates to Vintage line characters POTF2 left out (Tessek, Scout Trooper), and gave us some really, really nice sculpts (FX-7). Plus, the line had some really nice unexpected figures (Jek Porkins, Bacta Tank Luke, BoShek, etc.) and feature mixed/non-themed waves! It was a great time to collect Star Wars.

Too bad Hasbro took a step back with the action-features laden AOTC/SAGA line.

Lately, I've been parting ways with nearly everything from POTF2 - ROTS. Of all the figures leaving my attic, I kinda miss the POTJ figures the most.

And yes, I have seen some POTF2 figures moving lately, but the ones that have been moving are the less buff-looking figures that Hasbro hasn't re-visited since (8-D8, Ree Yees, Sebastian Shaw Anakin, Lak Sivrak, etc.), or Boba Fett and Darth Vader. I haven't witnessed too much of a demand for the primary characters or troop builders.

Reaction score
Lets see, POTJ gave me:
Security Battle Droid*
K-3PO (first release ever)
R4-M9*
FX-7 (first time released in modern line)
R2-Q5*
Darth Vader Dagobah Version*
Ellorrs Madak*
Mon Calamari Officer*
Jek Porkins*
Imperial Officer

*Denotes a figure that hasn't been re-released since the POTJ incarnation (to my knowledge)

So, POTJ gave me quite a bit of cool stuff that I never saw again. I'm sure I'm missing some, but these were the ones that sucks out in my head at the moment.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I still think many of these figures still hold up really. Specifically FX-7, Dagobah Darth Vader (one of the best releases Hasbro has done in my opinion), Porkins, R2-Q5, R4-M9, The Gungan Warrior, Boss Nass, and the various Cantina patrons.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have a very fond spot in my heart for POTJ. I think some of the figures still hold up very well and I liked the packaging that was used!

Reaction score
POTJ is my favorite line ever. It was a nice blend of obscure and familiar and I've almost acquired every figure from it. I think I need 5 more from the regular line and a few vehicles.