POTF2 worth keeping?

Reaction score
I have a simple rule: never get rid of anything you have collected or you'll be sorry.

Reaction score
I have a few of these guys I'll never get a return on these figures but that's okay I still think they're cool.

Reaction score
Thought I'd resurrect this thread, after doing some reorganization of my collection. The bulk of the "keepers" are EU, aliens, and characters I feel will never be resculpted. The only real duds that I have no desire to own are the "buff" core characters, but I got rid of those years ago. Oddly enough, I've also noticed gaps in my older collection, and a desire to own some of the figures that were never part of my collection, or that may have gone missing.

Reaction score
I’ll bite! I’m prepping for the Barge, and recently went through all my figs to mine for aliens and backgrounders. There are a few of these that still work, even ten years after this thread asked the question! I still like Tessek, Barada, Pote Snitkin, and the Max Rebo Band!

Reaction score
The resurrection of this thread inspired me to look through some of my POTF2 figures, and I realized that there were quite a few I still have that I'll always keep. Nostalgia has a lot to do with this, since I have fond memories of collecting these figures, especially since the line produced quite a few wanted figures that hadn't ever been made in the Vintage line (Grand Moff Tarkin, Slave Leia, etc.) And, though obviously there are better versions of many of these guys, there are still a good number of relatively obscure characters that only came out in this line, notably:

Some of the 1998 EU figures from Dark Empire & HTTE; i.e. Dark Trooper, Space Trooper, Imperial Sentinel, etc.

The Muftak/Kabe 2-pack - great Cantina aliens

The Shadows of the Empire figures & vehicles, i.e. Luke as Imperial Guard disguise, Xixor, Swoop w/Swoop Rider, etc.

And, I also like the Oola/Salacious Crumb 2-pack (Star Wars Insider exclusive, IIRC) - even though the Oola that came with the 3.75" Jabba w/Dais (Wal-mart Exclusive, 2010) is arguably a superior sculpt.

And too man others to list.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I must admit that ThallJoben has mentioned a few figures that have tugged on my nostalgic feelings for this line. Granted, it was bad for the most part because they made these characters have super heroic looking bodies. But they also made figures that were either skipped or overlook in the original line-up. Plus we are 1 year, 11 months, and 16 days until everything from this line constitutes as vintage.

As for me, I ordered the only MOC piece I want from this line. It is the "Theater Edition" Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight). Granted if is an AFA 85 and I missed out on the AFA 95s currently owned by others. But I feel comfortable having my collection in the AFA 85-90 range. Just because I will not be fixated on why it got a 95 and not a 95+. Plus I am debating about getting select figures from this line graded loose so I have those on display next to their 'The Vintage Collection' counterparts.

But with others I always suggest that they keep what is either useful to them, what they can use when they play with their kids, and/or what brings some type of nostalgic factor when they look at these figures.

Reaction score
The resurrection of this thread inspired me to look through some of my POTF2 figures, and I realized that there were quite a few I still have that I'll always keep. Nostalgia has a lot to do with this, since I have fond memories of collecting these figures, especially since the line produced quite a few wanted figures that hadn't ever been made in the Vintage line (Grand Moff Tarkin, Slave Leia, etc.) And, though obviously there are better versions of many of these guys, there are still a good number of relatively obscure characters that only came out in this line, notably:

Some of the 1998 EU figures from Dark Empire & HTTE; i.e. Dark Trooper, Space Trooper, Imperial Sentinel, etc.

The Muftak/Kabe 2-pack - great Cantina aliens

The Shadows of the Empire figures & vehicles, i.e. Luke as Imperial Guard disguise, Xixor, Swoop w/Swoop Rider, etc.

And, I also like the Oola/Salacious Crumb 2-pack (Star Wars Insider exclusive, IIRC) - even though the Oola that came with the 3.75" Jabba w/Dais (Wal-mart Exclusive, 2010) is arguably a superior sculpt.

And too man others to list.
Totally agree that there are some fantastic POTF2 figures out there, especially if you count the POTJ line. That had some great sculpts including the Amanaman and Slave Leia with Barge Cannon.

Curious as to your point about Tarkin and Slave Leia not being in the vintage line. Those were both made. VC98 for Tarkin and VC64 for Leia (on both Return and Revenge variants)

Reaction score
I still have all of my MOC POTF2 figures, and have no plan to get rid of them.
Many of the sculpts are not that great, but they hold some great memories for me.
I grew up playing with the vintage figures but starting actual "collecting" of figures, including MOC, with POTF2. Great times!

I have gotten rid of most of my loose figures, though I do still have a few on display. Actually quite a few. I didn’t realize how many I still use until I started looking for them. Along with beasts, vehicles, and accessories.
Mostly because there haven’t been updated figures for some, but there are still some I prefer over newer versions.

I still currently display:

-Jawa 2-pack (mixed with other Jawa figures)
-2-1B
-ASP-7
-EV-9D9
-8D8
-C-3PO (w/ removable limbs)
-C-3PO (Purchase of the Droids)
-Death Star Droid
-Logray and Wicket (Logray as-is, Wicket with the cartoon gear from the VC version)
-Lak Sivrak
-Pote Snitkin
-Ugnaut 2-pack
-Yoda (version with ‘real’ hair)
-Hoth Chewbacca (on my vintage Turret and Probot playset with vintage figures)
-Jawa w/ Power Droid
-Mon Mothma
-Prune Face
-Ishi Tib
-Cantina Alien Cinema Scene 3-pack
-Kabe and Muftak
-Cantina Band members x6
-Max Rebo
-Droopy McCool
-Ten Nunb
-‘Arvel Crynyd’ (mixed with other pilots)
-Wuher
-Ronto w/ Jawa
-Luke’s Taun Taun w/ Luke
-Han’s Taun Taun (using the saga lightsaber swinging Han figure)
-Bantha w/ Tusken
-Dewback (using the SA Sandtrooper from the Walmart Dewback)
-Speederbike (using an SA Biker Scout)
-A-Wing w/ pilot
-Luke’s X-Wing
-Tatooine Skiff x2
-Emperor’s chair (with custom Emperor figure)
-Hoth Radar Dish Cannon
-Endor Bunker

Yeesh, that’s way more than I would’ve guessed, and doesn’t even include the heads I use on customized figures like Tarkin, Ponda Baba, and Piett.
I honestly don’t think that there is any modern line that I don’t display at least some figures from.

Reaction score
Old original Kenner line didnt have figures of Tarkin and Slave Leia.

So get your damn facts straight.
Holy hell patrickdurfee, don't get your panties tied in a knot. TimTeebo was merely making a suggestion and even though he did mention the Vintage Collection no need to be a **** about it off the bat.

Reaction score
I still have all of my MOC POTF2 figures, and have no plan to get rid of them.
Many of the sculpts are not that great, but they hold some great memories for me.
I grew up playing with the vintage figures but starting actual "collecting" of figures, including MOC, with POTF2. Great times!

I have gotten rid of most of my loose figures, though I do still have a few on display. Actually quite a few. I didn’t realize how many I still use until I started looking for them. Along with beasts, vehicles, and accessories.
Mostly because there haven’t been updated figures for some, but there are still some I prefer over newer versions.

I still currently display:

-Jawa 2-pack (mixed with other Jawa figures)
-2-1B
-ASP-7
-EV-9D9
-8D8
-C-3PO (w/ removable limbs)
-C-3PO (Purchase of the Droids)
-Death Star Droid
-Logray and Wicket (Logray as-is, Wicket with the cartoon gear from the VC version)
-Lak Sivrak
-Pote Snitkin
-Ugnaut 2-pack
-Yoda (version with ‘real’ hair)
-Hoth Chewbacca (on my vintage Turret and Probot playset with vintage figures)
-Jawa w/ Power Droid
-Mon Mothma
-Prune Face
-Ishi Tib
-Cantina Alien Cinema Scene 3-pack
-Kabe and Muftak
-Cantina Band members x6
-Max Rebo
-Droopy McCool
-Ten Nunb
-‘Arvel Crynyd’ (mixed with other pilots)
-Wuher
-Ronto w/ Jawa
-Luke’s Taun Taun w/ Luke
-Han’s Taun Taun (using the saga lightsaber swinging Han figure)
-Bantha w/ Tusken
-Dewback (using the SA Sandtrooper from the Walmart Dewback)
-Speederbike (using an SA Biker Scout)
-A-Wing w/ pilot
-Luke’s X-Wing
-Tatooine Skiff x2
-Emperor’s chair (with custom Emperor figure)
-Hoth Radar Dish Cannon
-Endor Bunker

Yeesh, that’s way more than I would’ve guessed, and doesn’t even include the heads I use on customized figures like Tarkin, Ponda Baba, and Piett.
I honestly don’t think that there is any modern line that I don’t display at least some figures from.
And good job to Goji for keeping what is important to you. I've pretty much sold everything I have modern-wise with the exception of my OC POTF2 carded figures for that same reason. I also have kept my ships and basically anything OC related. This was kind of the return of Star Wars back then with these toys and even though we particulary didn't like the sculpts they were still Star Wars figures. I played with and collected vintage as a kid before then and I'm sure you remember the feeling of when new SW action figures were coming out after all those years. I actually started re-collecting in the early 90's before this but the feeling of excitement wasn't the same until 1995. I will probably never get rid of mine either.

Reaction score
Hes talking about the original vintage line from Kenner.

Not the Vintage Collection.
Correct. I guess I should have stated that I was talking about the 1978-1985 original Vintage line. One of the reasons the 1997 Grand Moff Tarkin & Slave Leia figures were so cool to get is that it was the first time they had been made as figures....this was especially relevant to those of us who remembered the original Vintage line & wanted these figures at that time.

Last edited:
Reaction score
TimTeebo autoamtically assumed Tarkin and Slave Leia were made for the vintage line. Old Kenner line they were not made. Period.

Dont argue about it

Holy hell patrickdurfee, don't get your panties tied in a knot. TimTeebo was merely making a suggestion and even though he did mention the Vintage Collection no need to be a **** about it off the bat.

Reaction score
Original old Kenner line, Tarkin and Slave Leia were not made for action figures.

When Kenner turned into Hasbro for the Star Wars figures in the mid late 1990s thats when the very first Tarkin and Slave Leia figures got made.

Like I said, get your facts straight next time so you're not confusing people about certain things

Reaction score
TimTeebo autoamtically assumed Tarkin and Slave Leia were made for the vintage line. Old Kenner line they were not made. Period.

Dont argue about it
Ok, my point is instead of being an ****** about it simply correct him. Tim may not be old enough to remember the actual vintage line or perhaps is not that affluent in it other than what he knows about the VC sets in the later years. In the over 25 years I've been collecting and researching various lines I've ran into a lot of people to just simply help out. Just because you know something surely doesn't make you a high god. So get over yourself and your ego.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'd think someone in this ten page thread woulda already said this... but along the lines of having great "second time around" SW figure collecting memories from these...its almost more fun to display the "uglier" more stylized "muscle" versions of the figures than anything else from the POTF2 era... just to show them off in a more recognizable way LINKED to that time period---and also, just how odd they were overall.

Reaction score
I do like a great many figures from the POTF2 era, but I cant say the muscular figures are on my list, or in my collection. I did see someone do an evolution themed display for certain characters - from Kenner to modern, and it was certainly an interesting way to display how sculpting has improved.

Reaction score
I typically get rid of older figures once a new (and better) sculpt comes out. However my main focus for the 3.75" figures are just pilots. The only POTF2 figures I have kept are Shadows of the Empire and any pilots that came with a vehicle. While the Outrider needs an update badly, I will still hold onto it as its one of my favorite vehicles.

I have the newer versions of vehicles (A-wing, Y-wing etc) but most of the newer vehicles that were released had a specific pilot/figure with that vehicle. I have held onto the older A-Wing and Y-wing as they came with generic, no-name pilot figures, and in my opinion are still decent vehicles.

Reaction score
It's worth noting that the 1995-2000 POTF2 figures are generally more durable than the later SA figures. Though the SA figures definitely look better, in some cases they tend to fall apart/break easier. Whereas the bulkier POTF2 figures are less likely to have this problem.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Looks like now that the POTF2 SKIFF is going for some $$$ on the aftermarket the timing was right to release a new SKIFF. The A-wings, At-AT's, and TIE and X-wings are getting back up there in $$$ so I'm guessing next year we'll see more re-releases of those. There were some darn good items released back around this time.

You can say all you want about this line, but Hasbro still takes a look a the after market prices and as soon as prices go back up releases, retools, and re-hashes accordingly.

Reaction score
Looks like now that the POTF2 SKIFF is going for some $$$ on the aftermarket the timing was right to release a new SKIFF. The A-wings, At-AT's, and TIE and X-wings are getting back up there in $$$ so I'm guessing next year we'll see more re-releases of those. There were some darn good items released back around this time.

You can say all you want about this line, but Hasbro still takes a look a the after market prices and as soon as prices go back up releases, retools, and re-hashes accordingly.
Makes perfect sense. I'm glad I have the 2000 Target Exclusive Skiff & The 1997 A-wing. I remember both were tough to track down at the time. These are two of my favorite SW ships.

Also got the 1995 POTF2 TIE Fighter & X-wing fighter when they came out - great toys, that IMHO still hold up today. They were obviously far superior to their Vintage counterparts; especially notable were the molded TIE fighter wings on the POTF2 version - these were far better than the stickers on the Vintage toy.

Reaction score
I love the vehicles. I also like 2-1B; even though plenty of people want another resculpt, I’m actually fine with the original.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've noticed that a couple fansites are going through old figures and asking whether they should be updated - which is a good idea. I agree that figures like 2-1B still look great after all these years, and don't really need to be updated. When it comes to POTF2, I think there are a number of aliens, droids, and EU characters that continue to look great as-is, and I'm perfectly satisfied with them in my collection. Most of the others have already been updated, so Hasbro doesn't need to revisit everything, especially with so few slots for new sculpts in TVC.

Reaction score
It's also worth noting that most POTF2 figures are much more durable than their more recent counterparts. Sure, a lot of the SA figures look great - but in some cases if you take them out of the package & try to display them, they'll literally fall apart.

Conversely, the POTF2 figures are, for the most part, stocky & well put together.

Reaction score
With POTF2 turning 24 years old this year, I find myself with just as many nostalgic feelings for some of those early figures as I do for the vintage Kenner line. In fact, in many ways, the nostalgia might actually be stronger for POTF2 considering what was going on in my life from 1995-2000. I re-enlisted in the Army (twice), was deployed to Bosnia/Croatia for about 7 months, and spent a year in South Korea. It was probably the most eventful and stressful five years of my entire life and collecting Star Wars toys was my lifeline to stability throughout all of it.

GNT

Reaction score
There's a few figures that still hold up to today's standards but for the most part I don't have much of it left. The collection has grown over the years with newer and better figures making the Potf era pretty obsolete. Plenty of memories that I'm grateful for but I'm just in it for the best figure of each character now. I miss finding a wall full of Star Wars figures, I miss those days :(

Reaction score
I miss the shear buzz of the '95 era with the POTF2 stuff. Shops loaded, supermarkets with shelves full as if it was the 70's again.

All the POTF2 I ever bought I still have in stash, Red, Green, Freeze Frames, you name it, still got it all. The one area I still actively collect is the Red card stuff, singles, deluxe and what ever I can get hold of. Variants, short and long sabers, tray variants, US, Canadian, UK and Italian

Including SOTE Red cards I have 80 various in the stash. The Red holds the most nostalgia for me as they were the first cards I bought back in '95.

Reaction score
I miss the shear buzz of the '95 era with the POTF2 stuff. Shops loaded, supermarkets with shelves full as if it was the 70's again.

All the POTF2 I ever bought I still have in stash, Red, Green, Freeze Frames, you name it, still got it all. The one area I still actively collect is the Red card stuff, singles, deluxe and what ever I can get hold of. Variants, short and long sabers, tray variants, US, Canadian, UK and Italian

Including SOTE Red cards I have 80 various in the stash. The Red holds the most nostalgia for me as they were the first cards I bought back in '95.
This is a great comment! I too miss that time period along with the release of the prequel figures! It was an exciting time to be a SW fan for sure. I remember the first time I saw the new POTF2 cards at a mall at KB Toys and bought them all! My then GF was not too pleased, but oh well. That went to hunts for long vs short sabers, 3 pack movie scenes, dots on Boba's gloves to the foil vs non foil cross over wave. The pain it was to secure a Biker Scout, etc. All fond memories.

As for the original post, if you like them keep them. I still think they are great figures and it was an awesome line. The value is no longer there but to me that is all the more reason to hold onto them, because you should collect what you love.

I sold my whole collection about 15 years ago. I just started to drift more into Koto SW statues and Unleashed figures at the time, then to my current collection of SW mini busts and hardbound books (along with a couple full size Boba Fett statues). I guess I "made out" because I sold while the market was still strong, but I do miss these figures. It became a space issue for me so I never got back into them, even though now would be the time for that :).

Reaction score
Some of my main character POTF’2 I replaced with later sculpts, but I still have a number of figures from those days. Some examples are the Cantina aliens, let alone the Jawas with the little light-piping on top of their heads to make their eyes glow. Also some of the menagerie from Jabba’s Palace. Boy, I can still remember the two packs of the band members being Walmart exclusives when I was in college.

I had maybe 3 dozen figures from the 80’s, and when the new line hit in the mid-90’s, it was like the collecting fever had struck again, and I had money to spend!

Reaction score
I'm holding onto most of my POTF2 era aliens, because Hasbro likely wont get to all of them when it comes to resculpts. Not to mention, many still have a certain charm, which makes me want to keep them in my collection. There were a number of POTF2 figures that I sliced up for customs, now I regret doing that for some characters, and I'm slowing adding them back to my collection! I'm happy to have more than one version of a character, especially when they look vastly different.

Reaction score
Indeed, would never get rid of my POTF2 stuff simply because it is not popular in the light of more modern waves. There is a lot of history, a lot of charm and lets not forget the age of these figures now? These things should be looking at getting awarded vintage status soon at 25 years old for the initial waves.

Sent by holonet.

Last edited: