POTF2 Bootleg Thread

Reaction score
Not a bad price on that auction. Winner is a friend of mine too. Kudos to him.

As stated, Vaders are tougher than the others and I've seen them go as high as $455 but that was several years ago.

Bossk is just a whole other category. As mentioned, there were only 2 known, 1 pink and 1 green, and Joe and I own them. However, I hear a 3rd recently came out of Russia so that makes 3 complete sets now. All hope isn't lost.

John

Reaction score
Hey I stumbled across this thread and thought I'd share a few pics of some of the bootlegs I got. This is probably old news to you guys but I didn't see any pics of these posted. At any rate I've got maybe 100 or so modern bootlegs if you guys like the pics I can post more. Thanks. einren

Reaction score
Great pics einren. I love seeing the OC bootlegs. Since I recently pick up the desire to collect the bootlegs it gives me another huge area to work on the line, even though it's not official it's still a representation of the products of the time.

Reaction score
Very cool set Einren! I've seen the limbs on sprues before but haven't had the chance to pick any up yet. Those are cool. I also like your OC Tie Pilot. I have a couple spares, if your interested pm me

Reaction score
Well, I finally got my Luke Farmboy Ben Kenobi with orange cape variant. Here are a couple pics. I will also have another POTF2 bootleg update soon with some carded Mexican figures

Sorry for the flash, but the first pic of the back of the card is quite amusing as there are multiple pictures of the same figures and ships shown.

Reaction score
It's been a couple months since I've done an update so I'd figure now is a good time. I have some different things to add.

I found a POTF2 8-pack that is fairly uncommon:

This Landspeeder is actually from Mexico. It comes with two figures (3PO and Vader) with a simple POTF2 header card:

These are probably my favorite POTF2 boots. These also came out of Mexico. Unlike your typical POTF2 bootlegs these are on very flemsy cards that are actually square shaped (as opposed to the cut around Vaders head) and the bubbles are very fragile. Like typical Mexican carded figures the cardback is plain and these are also bi-logo in Spanish and French.

I have a couple more Russian figures coming soon

Enjoy!!

Reaction score
Here are my updated Russian POTF2 bootlegs. I managed to find a second variant Chewie (red) and a Vader to add. The only one missing (that I know of) is Bossk, yikes!

Reaction score
I'm going to resurrect my old POTF2 Bootleg thread to finally show off my complete set of Russian bootlegs. I was able to find some really rare stuff over the past year. Pictured here is a complete set of carded (w/ red Chewie variant), complete loose and two unused cardbacks (one on right has printing errors). Enjoy!!

Reaction score
Steven - These are great buddy! Awesome to see them all together and in such nice condition. Other than the Yoda that I have I've only seen the pink Bossk. Thanks for sharing!

The other POTF2 bootlegs are quite interesting as well. Something I've really overlooked in the past while mainly searching for vintage.

Great work!

- Dallas

Reaction score
Sweet Steven. Neat to see what's out there. Like Dallas said, I've really overlooked these in the pursuit of vintage. I may have to get some for kicks.

Reaction score
The current POTF2 threads are getting kind of few and far between so I figured I'd bump this one back on for some discussions. There have been some really cool stuff sold over the last few years, I'll try to take some new pics shortly of some stuff that I've found over the last couple years.

Reaction score
I still need a Bossk to complete my carded set of Russian bootlegs. I bought the Yoda/Chewie1/Chewie2 at Celebration V, and received the Vader for Christmas the year after, so I guess I've found a way to be patient about completing the set.

I love the POTF2 bootlegs, can't wait to see what you've got now!

Reaction score
Selling of my extras POTF2 Boba Fett figure & card variations. PM me if you're keen.

POTF2 OC Boba Fett with Luke Grappling Hook pic.
Back with Han Solo pic and pics of figures/vehicles (12 back).
Comes with Italian distribution/warning sticker on the bottom right.

POTF2 OC Boba Fett with Luke Grappling Hook pic.
Back with pics of figures/vehicles (30 back).
Comes with London distribution/warning sticker on the bottom right.

POTF2 OC Boba Fett with Luke Dagobah pic.
Back with Luke Dagobah pic and pics of figures/vehicles (18 back).
Comes with Spanish distribution/warning sticker on the bottom left.

Reaction score
Starting to get bored with vintage bootlegs so I figure I'd try to add to my want list of POTF2!!

Here is what I'm looking for:

OC Luke Jedi card-
Darth Vader (didn't even realize is don't have this one believe it or not, lol)
Momaw Nadon (Hammer Head)
Chewbacca Bounty Hunter
Han Solo Carbonite

** or any Luke Jedi carded figures with blank cardbacks!

GC Luke Stormtrooper card-
Luke in Stormtrooper Disguise
Luke in Hoth Battle Gear
Darth Vader
Stormtrooper

PC SOTE Stormtrooper card-
Luke Jedi

OC Han Endor card-
(The only one I have is Yoda!)

OC 3PO card-
(The only ones I have are Ben Kenobi, 3PO and Tie Pilot)

OC Luke X-Wing card-
(I don't have any of these yet, not sure what all is out there)

POTF2 figures on Episode I cards-
Vader
Ben Kenobi
C-3PO
Stormtrooper
Leia Bouschh
Han Solo
R2-D2
Yoda
(These are the same sculpt figures as the Luke Jedi cards)

Russian POTF2-
Orange or green Bossk, loose or carded

PM me with any leads or you can email at rebojazz@hotmail.com

Reaction score
I still need a Bossk to complete my carded set of Russian bootlegs. I bought the Yoda/Chewie1/Chewie2 at Celebration V, and received the Vader for Christmas the year after, so I guess I've found a way to be patient about completing the set.

I love the POTF2 bootlegs, can't wait to see what you've got now!
Yea, I'll try to take some updated pics by Spring, I've added a bunch since my last update 5 years ago. If you are looking for a Pink Bossk let me know, I'll see if I can find one for you, maybe even a cardback but I'm not sure.

Reaction score
Yea, I'll try to take some updated pics by Spring, I've added a bunch since my last update 5 years ago. If you are looking for a Pink Bossk let me know, I'll see if I can find one for you, maybe even a cardback but I'm not sure.
Cool, I'm definitely interested in tracking down Bossk! It seems that I stumble on a loose one relatively often on eBay, but carded ones are be a bit trickier to find.

Reaction score
If anyone is interested I have both 12" Police Boba Fett and Luke Skywalker figures sealed on card, Cards are actually in nice shape. PM if this is your fancy at all

Reaction score
MEGA BUMP, Awesome thread, i just picked up a sweet mint hot pink loose Bossk, lol, its a killer boot, does anybody know what these russion boots are going for these days ?

Reaction score
Hi,

I got this many moons ago with a trade for numerous items. I have never really paid much attention to it being modern (more of a vintage person) and im just trying to find out if anyone knows anything about it.

Its a Luke Farmboy on a POTF Luke Jedi Card, green sabre, and lukes head looks strange and small. Strange card back picture and labelled made in China at the bottom.

If anybody can offer any insights it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Craig

Reaction score
Hi Craig,
This line of bootleg toys were produced in China in the mid 90's through 1999 in which Episode I bootlegs started to appear. I've been researching this line for about 8 years now and even though info on the companies and factories is a daunting task I believe there were at least two (that I know of) and possibly a third company that made these at various waves. Without getting into too much detail right now, cause it will overwelm you as it does me, you can find POTF2 bootlegs on the following packaging:
Orange cards:
Luke Jedi cards
Luke Dagobah cards
Luke Farmboy cards
Han Endor cards
C-3PO cards
Luke X-Wing cards

Green cards:
Luke Stormtrooper cards

Purple cards:
SOTE AtAt Commander cards
Star Warrior Stormtrooper cards

The Luke Jedi cards are the most common, however, there are different versions of even that one that are pretty rare including ones with a blank cardback and ones with the Star Space logo. You can even find, if your lucky, these POTF2 figures on Episode I cards.

Overall, they usually don't go for much money, maybe $5-10 for most common ones. Some of the more rare ones will go for much more. I currently have a list of what variants I have along with what known packaging differences there are. That project has taken me some time and will be finished soon (hopefully).

Unfortunately, these are not as popular as vintage bootlegs but I believe they are just as cool to collect and honestly more difficult to find the more rare ones as almost any vintage bootlegs. This is a fairly untapped bootleg market as not too many people collect. Me? I go for the underdog so I love them! I will say in my years of researching many bootleg lines, including Mexican/SA, this line is by far the toughest to find info on the origins and manufacturers.

Reaction score
Russian X-wing Card art is awesome.

I picked up some small light saber accessories at a garage sale that might be bootleg. The only reason i think so is because the guy there was from a latin american country, and he had the original trilogy on VHS in Spanish. He mentioned how it was a rare treat to get GI JOE figures because they were so expensive (the ones he was referring to were Sgt Savage).

Reaction score
Thanks to a friend in Australia I found these two POTF2 bootlegs that I didn't know existed on the green cards. An R2D2 and Luke Farmboy.

[/URL][/IMG]

Reaction score
Here's another addition to the POTF2 bootleg staff. Finally got some rare Bendums on unpunched cards. Other than these four I'm not sure what else is out there as far as Bendums go, if anyone has any info on more let me know.

[/URL][/IMG]

Reaction score
I love finding bootlegs.Some of them are just so cheesy but still cool enough to want to collect.I owe 4 of them myself.

Reaction score
Picked up quite a few POTF2 bootlegs while I was at Celebration! These bootlegs are just awesome and funny to look at and make a great addition to my collection.

These are the first Russian bootlegs to add to my collection! Since Celebration I have also added a carded Chewbacca. Now just to track down the Bossk and the Vader!

These figures are Mexican bootlegs. That extra ship in one bag is the batplane from Batman Forever!

These next bootlegs I think are all Chinese bootlegs:

Does anyone have anymore information on these bootlegs? I would love to do more research on them and hunt more down!

Reaction score
Looks like you did pretty well at C7! Some of these bootlegs are hard to find. The Russian ones have been easier to get over the years. There are a few color variants that are pretty rare to get though. I have a few of the bagged Mexican ones but I like the painted Luke, very cool. You did well with the ones from China, too. The two-packs are kind of hard to find these days and the 3PO carded one is a pretty rare card variant. I think I have a spare POTF2 and a couple Episode I bootlegs if you are interested. I'll also respond to your email with some more in depth info for you. Good scores!

Reaction score
I have a couple of those boxed bootlegs and a couple just boxflats. Those are very hard to find and I got mine years ago. I don't recall too many showing up.

Reaction score
stumbled upon this thread. New in Houston, by way of Chi town. Where are all the real collectors and Houston? This place seems dead. PM me

Reaction score
I'd have to find out which box I put them in, I'll do that today since I'm off for a few days. I believe I have a Han but not sure on the rest. Hey there Simdog, good to see you man.

Reaction score
Anyone heard of these bootlegs from the Phillippines?

Bootleg Toys The Undiscovered Playthings: Boxed POTF Figures

Look interesting and would love to pick some up!
These kind of look like some other bootlegs that I picked up from the Philippines back in 2006.
Here is a description and (crappy) pics that I posted in another forum back then:

There are 8 different figs available. Each stands about 2" tall and randomly inserted into 4 different boxes.
The title of this series is "Star Wars: The Phantom Menace".
Each box is dated 2005 and uses the gold ingot logo from the SE movies but has graphics on the boxes mostly from ROTS.
The pics on the back of each 3 1/2" box shows the character using a pic from the ROTS cardbacks except for Vader... his pic is from the 1st Force Battlers series.
Yoda actually looks more like Yattle.
C-3PO is actually the 'naked' 3PO from E1.
Each box is proclaimed as "modern and elegant in fashion"... I kid you not!
The figs come unassembled in a baggie.

Here's what they look like completed:

Here's a few pics of the box art and the bagged figs:

The Vader figure is for size comparison.

Reaction score
Darth Jaxx is alive!!!! LOL, good to see you man! I love those boxed ones you have, I didn't realize there were that many as I've only seen a couple. I'm still trying to find mine, All of my stuff was packed into totes when I moved last fall and Lord knows which tote they are in. They weren't in the first 5 I looked, lol. I'll keep trying today.