POTF2 Bootleg Thread

Reaction score
I wanted to start this thread to see what POTF2 variations people have and where they bought them. I have a several myself along with my vintage and others but have not focused too much on them yet. I am looking for a couple pre-production "limbs on trees" for an exhibit if anyone can help.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Reaction score
I just got into them since I'm reaching the peak of my collecting focus. I figured it was one other thing, though not official, that represented the package line. I bought these two from ebay.

Luke Tatooine on Dagobah Card

I'm always looking for more. Anything orange carded will do.

Reaction score
I called the witch doctor he told me what to say

Reaction score
Rebojazz said:
I am looking for a couple pre-production "limbs on trees" for an exhibit if anyone can help.
I've never seen, or heard, of anything modern still on the sprue. I have seen vintage UZAY Vader legs and UZAY ATAT Driver arms/legs as well as unapainted UZAY ATAT Driver torsos (no sprues) and some vintage 3rd Gen Polish but never anything from POTF2 or later. If you do turn up anything please post pics as I'd love to see.

John

Reaction score
Those are the only ones that I know of as well (they are not going anywhere). Hopefully, something will show up.

Reaction score
Nice collection Gorkoracing... I especially like the Fett. The solid green torso adds a nice touch.

Lex

Reaction score
I had Leia Boushh on Luke Stormtrooper card but I sold it. There were many figs on Luke Stormtrooper card in here once, like Obi with black robe etc.

Reaction score
I have that Leia Boushh, it's probably one of my best condition one's. There are about 21 or 22 ones with Luke Stormtrooper card including a 5" figure. Ones I haven't seen too many of are the Han Solo in Endor cards.

Reaction score
OK, looks like it's time to go to the bootleg room and take some pics......be afraid....be very afraid.

Reaction score
Some of those are pretty cool. Those ones on the trees would be a dream for a customizer, no need to boil and pop!

I wish they did some bootlegs of the current era figs, although with all the ball jointing and such, doubt they'd be able to replicate them easily. POTF2 was probably as easy as Vintage to make repro bootlegs of.

Reaction score
Joe, I'm just going to pretend I never saw those. It's bad enough chasing the vintage bootleg dream without adding these to the mix. [thanks for sharing anyway
]

Reaction score
HA! I fear not.... for I'm saving up for round three, Joe
. That is the first time I've seen the multi-packs though. Those sprues look very cool... seems like you have too many, you know you don't want it to look cluttery..

Thanks for the update... as usual.

Reaction score
Let's not forget the Russian POTF2 bootlegs. I love these things. I still need a Vader if anybody wants to help.

Joe, loving the Bend'ems. I have a Vader but I thought Han was the only other. I didn't know they made Luke and Chewbacca too. I don't remember seeing some of those others either. I need to make it back up to the house at some point.

John

Reaction score
JohnA said:
Let's not forget the Russian POTF2 bootlegs. I love these things. I still need a Vader if anybody wants to help.

Joe, loving the Bend'ems. I have a Vader but I thought Han was the only other. I didn't know they made Luke and Chewbacca too. I don't remember seeing some of those others either. I need to make it back up to the house at some point.

John
That pink russian bossk is hilarious

As for the bendems I'm pretty sure darthcycy on this site still has a carded luke bendem bootleg for sale/trade.

Reaction score
gorkoracing said:
As for the bendems I'm pretty sure darthcycy on this site still has a carded luke bendem bootleg for sale/trade.
I got my Vader from him a few years ago. Great trader.

John

Reaction score
That is one bad knockoff of the Luke figure. He looks like pinhead from Puppet Master.

Reaction score
Here are some pics of some that I just recently got:

Luke Stormy Cards

This AT-ST Driver is interesting as it has an unpainted torso, aside from the black belt.

Luke Jedi Cards

Luke Farmboy Cards

Star Warrio Card

VS. Two Pack

My favorite: R5-D4 on small POTF2 card

Many of these bootlegs were sold in Mexico, Brazil and the Philipines, however, some were also found in the UK and Italy as evident from these import stickers

Enjoy!

Reaction score
So where can you pick some of these up? is it mostly on ebay or is there particular sites recommended. Wouldn't mind some episode 1 Darth Maul bootlegs and of course Vader.

Reaction score
Very cool Rebo. I like to see as many OC bootlegs as I can. I'm trying to form a wanted list that I will probably never fill, but you've always got to start somewhere.

Reaction score
Funny, that's the same "vs. 2 pack" I've been begging Hasbro to do for years. Funny a bootleg co. picked it up!

Reaction score
Yea, this is actually the first I've seen with these two characters.... odd. I guess that's what makes them bootlegs, huh.

Reaction score
bobafett14 said:
Funny, that's the same "vs. 2 pack" I've been begging Hasbro to do for years. Funny a bootleg co. picked it up!
Really! A Snoova vs. Tie Pilot two pack. That was such an important stroy arc! It expalins the whole Sifo Dias plot hole.

Reaction score
I never much cared for "modern" bootlegs, but 2010 will see the 10th anniversary of the end of the POTF2 line (and the 15th anniversary of its beginning). The term "neoclassic" is sounding more fitting day by day and I'm really starting to warm to it.

Some of those initial POTF2 releases were pretty ugly; it was almost like Hasbro had bootlegged the Kenner run. When I'm settled with vintage bootleg collecting, I think these early POTF2 releases are going to be a great new distraction. Some of those on non-standard cards are fantastic.

Reaction score
Thought I'd bump this up with some updates. Here are some newest additions to my collection.

Luke Jedi cards:

Luke Dagobah cards. The intersting thing on these is that these figures are a tad smaller than the other versions. They were possibly copied from the other bootleg versions whenever they were busted for bootlegging, I'm not sure. The quality of the cards are better and the detail of the figures are, overall, better but it seems like the quality of how they were put together sucks, they separate easier. This leads me to believe they were made from a different company than the rest.

Star Warrio cards. These were produced by the same company as the Luke Jedi (and SOTE) ones:

There was even a company in Russia that made POTF2 boots. This company was believed to be the same that produced the vintage AtAt Drivers in the 80's, hence the company logo on the bottem. The only two I don't have are Darth Vader and Bossk (which only two are known to exist):

I'm still looking for Obi-Wan (orange coat version-Luke Jedi card), Chewie cards and Han Endor cards.

I've already shown the R5-D4 but here is also a three pack on a mini-POTF2 Chewie card version. These came from Mexico as opposed to the Orient like most other POTF2 boots plus it's interesting to note that there are both vintage and modern bootlegs in this pack. Special thanks to JohnA for this one:

Enjoy!

Reaction score
I love the Russian Bootlegs! Very nice gathering of figures you have there. Do the Russian carded boots come up very often and how much would you expect to spend on the diferent characters?

Thanks for sharing.

Don

Reaction score
Sebulba said:
I love the Russian Bootlegs! Very nice gathering of figures you have there. Do the Russian carded boots come up very often and how much would you expect to spend on the diferent characters?

Thanks for sharing.

Don
Don,

I am pretty sure JohnA sold a MOC Russian Yoda bootleg last year. He was asking $150.00 for the figure.

Steven,

Sweet bootleg collection.

Reaction score
The Russian Yoda I have came from JohnA so there's an idea of Yoda and Chewie. Vader is more scarce so he will be quite more if I find him. And, as for Bossk... who knows. Only two are known to exist and I know they are locked up so it's hard to tell when another will pop up or how much it will be.
And both Bossk's are different variants if I'm not mistaken.