Potf luke stormtrooper question.

Reaction score
a fellow forum member recently picked up this potf luke storm w blank nameplate. He was told it was a European variant. What do you guys know about this? I think i remember seeing one years ago....any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, K

Dax

Reaction score
There's some questionable things here but also some puzzling items.

The bubble doesn't look like a standard production item and it is not sealed in the standard way. There's issues with the some of the graphics that are also non-standard. Based on those factors alone I would have doubts about its authenticity. Then there's the production numbers in the top left corner. They don't match to the standard pattern as they appear to have a double set of numbers. This is where I'm uncertain, because if you were trying to manufacture a well crafted fake I doubt you would make such a blatant error. Then again, perhaps this was intended as a good custom job and the print was deliberate to flag it as not genuine if it ever made it to market.

I think we'd need more photos from other angles, but at this stage without further info I'd say it's a fake.

Reaction score
thanks for the reply Dax. Heres a pic of back and bubble. i have seen smooth seals on potf before, but yes the double production numbers are strange. If i had it in hand i would give it the vintage smell test...LOL. lmk if you need other pics. K

Last edited:
Reaction score
It looks off to me as well. The bubble seal does not look right
and the card back looks strange.

I believe the only POTF Euro variants are the tri-logo’s.

Reaction score
Just wanted to update this as I was mistaken about the Luke earlier. Hope someone out there will be able to determine its authenticity.

Sincerest apologies!

Last edited:
Reaction score
To say that this was a European variant is concerning indeed.
Europe would not have received the US style POTF figures. Rather they would have received the Tri-Logo style figures instead.
If this item was indeed legitimate, it would most certainly have been known about for many years by the community, rather than just appearing in 2019 from out of the blue.
Going of simply by the pictures is not enough. Why would a carded figure be put on a card with a blank template makes no sense either.
The other tell tale sign is how clear that bubble looks, and the deliberate scuffing added to it all around to mimic age.
If the owner wants to be 100% sure, it is best to have this examined by CIB or one of the many experts in the hobby in person. That would give an answer pretty quickly as to it's authenticity.