Posting Policy on CW & TLC Lines

Reaction score
Posting Policy on CW & TLC Lines

As a reminder, this section is for the TAC collection - threads should not be started on the TLC or CW lines here. While we have those sections blocked to new threads, we are adding them as needed. If you have a news item and don't see it posted in the appropriate section, please post something to the "News and Rumor Central" thread in the appropriate section, and then we'll start a thread as needed.

Yesterday as the new information came out of the Q&A sessions, several members posted items, and we opened threads for all the new confirmed waves for TLC, as well as the couple of newly confirmed figures.

I'll leave this stickied here for the time being.

Thanks!

'78

Reaction score
Re: Posting Policy on CW & TLC Lines

Just curious, when will the two new sections be open for users to begin new threads? When they opened, it was stated that "We'll have the SAME posting policy here as we do in the CW forum - until we get through Toy Fair (at least) and the news onslaught that comes, ONLY MODERATORS and ADMINS will be able to post new threads..." So being unable to start new threads in those sections should only be a temporary situation.

Reaction score

tarcanes92 said:
So being unable to start new threads in those sections should only be a temporary situation.
I disagree. I think it's brilliant that only the Admins and/or Mods can start new threads in those sections. With the high level of traffic, it really cuts out all of the pointless, useless, repetitive s*** that a lot of people post.

Reaction score

Neal said:
tarcanes92 said:
So being unable to start new threads in those sections should only be a temporary situation.
I disagree. I think it's brilliant that only the Admins and/or Mods can start new threads in those sections. With the high level of traffic, it really cuts out all of the pointless, useless, repetitive s*** that a lot of people post.
I agree

Reaction score

I think leaving TCW and TLC sections as they are currently is working just fine. It's easier to participate in them, let alone moderate them.

I wish we had thought of doing this earlier...

Reaction score

I disagree, but not for the reasons one might assume if you are familiar with the antics of some of us here.

The charm of these boards is the free flowing discussions that occur when new and sometimes random threads are created. Limiting threads to only those started or approved by mods limits the discussion and, in my opinion, may make things much less interesting.

The Rebelscum Forums make up a huge and diverse fan community. I know Wuher's is the place to go to have random discussions with other members that may "hang out" in the "Prop" or "Vintage" forums. However, if I'd like to discuss the more esoteric aspects of Hasbro Star Wars collecting with other members that I am familiar with that frequent this area of the Rebelscum, Wuher's is not an option. Seems that Wuher's is a good place to go to discuss Sports, movies, news tidbits, and my favorite place to eat breakfast. In the absence of a "Hasbro Wuher's", the ability to start threads here is an excellent substitute. We would not get to know other members well (or as well as one can on a board like this) just by reading that they think the newest figure is crap because he's missing eyebrows or that they just found Wave 2 at Target.

For the record, I strongly disagree with Mod only thread initiating.

Sol

Reaction score

nomadscout said:
The charm of these boards is the free flowing discussions that occur when new and sometimes random threads are created. Limiting threads to only those started or approved by mods limits the discussion and, in my opinion, may make things much less interesting.
Awww... don't worry. Goons will continue to post nonsense in the TAC forum, after realizing that they can't post in the CW and Legacy forums... and they'll even start off by saying, "For some reason, I can't post in the CW/Legacy forum, so I'll post it here..."

It'll then be subsequently locked... and that's what they get for not reading the rules...

For the record, I strongly agree with Mod only thread initiating.

Reaction score

How about, as a sort of compromise a "General Discussion" thread for the CW and TLC sections? Here folks can post whatever random musings they have, and the discussion can be more free form. We'll open new versions as each one gets filled. Seems a lot better than a ton of random threads on all different subjects (typically 75% of which are unneeded) - those extra threads make it very difficult to find a needed discussion when it's time to bump an older thread.

Plus there's always the option that members at large can PM a mod, and we'll open up the necessary new thread on request.

'78

Reaction score

Since1978 said:
How about, as a sort of compromise a "General Discussion" thread for the CW and TLC sections?
Sounds like a good idea to me.

Reaction score

AWESOME!!!!

Thanks for the compromise. I like it!

Reaction score

I think someone should re-name this thread "WHY YOU CAN'T POST IN THE TCW OR TLC FORUMS!"

GNT

Reaction score

It's explained above why threads cant be started in the new sections, if you want a thread started please let one of the mods know and it'll be started.

Reaction score

Isn't it about time for us to be able to post in TLC since it's over?

Reaction score

GarvenDreis said:
I agree.

We should be able to post in there now. The collection is discontinued. We should only have new threads from normal members locked on TCW and TVC.

Reaction score

GarvenDreis said:
Why necro a three year old thread - just PM the Mod directly.

Reaction score

Jedi_Eeth_Koth said:
GarvenDreis said:
Why necro a three year old thread - just PM the Mod directly.
Why spend your time on me? Also a friend of mine did PM one Moderator but to no avail. I felt a more direct approach and putting it out in public would be wiser apposed to sending PMs to Mods.

Reaction score

GarvenDreis said:
Why would you want that? Use the Thread Index to find an appropriate thread for your topic, there is always a "General Discussion" thread on each section that you can use. I personally like the way it is managed so there is no useless clutter on the boards.

Reaction score

AaylaSecurasMan said:
GarvenDreis said:
Why would you want that? Use the Thread Index to find an appropriate thread for your topic, there is always a "General Discussion" thread on each section that you can use. I personally like the way it is managed so there is no useless clutter on the boards.
Geez, if it's such a problem just forget I said anything! I'm sorry that every other section has gotten free posting except this one. I'm sorry if it's illogical to have free posting on every other section that has been discontinued except TLC.

GNT

Reaction score

I highly doubt it will change on the current forum, maybe on the new forums when they go live it could be different.

Everything is covered atm - every figure, vehicle etc already has a thread going where discussion can continue, if not the general discussion thread is a good place to discuss any topics you wish to discuss.

Reaction score
I can't start a new thread in Legacy or TAC. In what areas may I begin a thread?

GNT

Reaction score
I can't start a new thread in Legacy or TAC. In what areas may I begin a thread?
You can start threads in any section of the forum except for the Vintage, Clone Wars and Legacy sections of the forum, for these sections you'll need to contact a moderator to start it up. You can start TAC threads in the TAC section :)

Reaction score
Why cant a thread be started in this forum, this forum is dying because of this, it makes no sense at all..
What do you mean?

Check the thread index here to find a thread related to the topic you want to post about:

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t952128/

If you can't find a thread that is appropriate, then you can discuss your topic here:

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1081692/

If you really feel that your topic is significant enough to start a new thread, then contact a moderator (GNT, AnthonyP, mike ritter, etc.)

Reaction score
Why cant a thread be started in this forum, this forum is dying because of this, it makes no sense at all..
For more options to display all the threads, scroll down to Thread Display Options, select Show threads from the... Beginning and then click Show Threads located on the right :ninja:. Why do you want to start another thread :confused:?, there are 2322 threads :wtf:.

If you can find your topic in all 2322 threads then you can reply here :whistling::

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1071354/ 08-22-2011, 08:33 AM

GNT likes to start new threads, maybe you should contact him first :p:

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1081692/ 05-14-2012, 04:27 PM

Reaction score
Thanks guys, i didnt realise that all those were threads, my mistake, its just i havnt seen a sub forum set up like this before, im used to seeing peoples personal threads up not a group of threads already put up for people to answer to, i was trying to start a thread and couldnt find the button to do it, as i said my mistake, i just couldnt understand why one couldnt start a thread, thanks for clearing that up.