porkinsred6 - first packaging focus (UPDATE Nov 2015)

Reaction score
porkinsred6 - first packaging focus (UPDATE Jan 2019)

Hi All,

I'm a new member to RS but a long time collector. I thought I would share with you some pics of my first packaging focus. Most of it is AFA graded and everything that is is either AFA 85 or 90. I'm lucky to have picked most of this stuff up in the late 90's early 2000's when it was much cheaper than it is today.

Here are my 2 Early bird certificates - one opened, one still sealed.

First the sealed one :

It would be boring to show the opened one too, so here's a pic of the stand that was inside:

Early bird with DT Luke that was received from the open certificate:

My 12-backs + Boba, yoda, emperor and ackbar

And finally the Action Display Stand mailer

Update Oct 29 2014

I see other people's limelight have a nice close up views of their MOCs all in a row so I tried to do that as well.

I swapped out Ackbar for Lando

Here are some new additions to my collection:

Boba fett mailer with a really nice box. Baggie is SW-D and a large catalog.

I also have this pair of die cast vehicles.
X-Wing Series I and Vader's TIE Series II which are both first packaging.
I normally don't get yellow bubbles but you'll notice that these two figures have the same store's price tag and clearance stickers with the same retailer's reference ID so they have been together all these years. I couldn't split them up.

Finally, I started to get some loose figures for my kids to play with one day. They aren't mint but they are complete with non-repo accessories.

Update Nov 2015

It's been a year since my last update. I got the sealed EB certificate and EB display stand graded and also picked up a nice 12 back display header. Here are all my sealed 12 back related figures plus Boba all together in one group picture

UPDATE JAN 2019:
Alright let's bump this! I haven't shared anything I've purchased in 4 years! I've been filling out my collection. I think it's safe to say I have nearly every kenner production item from 77-79.

Here's something I recently sent to CAS to get a custom case for: An unused sears cantina. I already have a Q-graded AFA one and it's nice, but I wanted to see everything inside so I got another one and sent it to CAS to case it up like this so I can see the bagged figures and cardboard backdrop. I think it came out great!

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Reaction score
There is so much magic in these early things, so much style still influencing my taste of star wars packaging today.
Thank you for sharing and keep posting.

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words and likes.

Before Ep 7 comes out I was thinking of trying to save up and buy 1 expensive figure to fill out my collection. I will probably only be able to afford one. Which figure should I try to get: VC Jawa, Anakin or Yak Face? I was leaning more towards VCJ especially since 99% of the POTF figure's bubbles have already yellowed.

Would any of those figures in particular make this set "better" than the others?

Reaction score
Awesome collection! It seems you have mostly very early releases and 12 backs, so I think the VC jawa would fit best in your focus. But then again, it's all up to you, which item you like. I have a real soft spot for Anakin POTF myself.

Thanks for the kind words and likes.

Before Ep 7 comes out I was thinking of trying to save up and buy 1 expensive figure to fill out my collection. I will probably only be able to afford one. Which figure should I try to get: VC Jawa, Anakin or Yak Face? I was leaning more towards VCJ especially since 99% of the POTF figure's bubbles have already yellowed.

Would any of those figures in particular make this set "better" than the others?

Reaction score
Welcome to RS. Very nice stuff you have there, everything is displayed beautifully! I absolutely love your action display stand!! :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wow! Those are some AMAZING pieces. I've never seen a mail-away stand all cased up like that. Beautiful!

Reaction score
A perfect example of quality over quantity.

Superb pieces - the EB set is my favourite especially as it was the one received from the EB cert.

Regards,
Christian

Reaction score
A perfect example of quality over quantity.

Superb pieces - the EB set is my favourite especially as it was the one received from the EB cert.

Regards,
Christian
Definitely agree with Christian here. I love that you were able to find the pair and keep them together. You've got some really great items and nicely displayed!

Reaction score
Wow! Those are some AMAZING pieces. I've never seen a mail-away stand all cased up like that. Beautiful!

Yes, it was quite expensive to get it cased like that. The AFA population report says they have only done 8 like that so I guess most people want to go through the effort. It is huge and really heavy.

Here is a better photo without the plastic wrapper that shows how big it really is compared to the EB and carded figures:

HWR

Reaction score
Very nice collection indeed. Thanks for sharing and please continue to keep us updated.

Reaction score
Thanks for all the support everyone.

Joining RS and posting this limelight have really helped give my collection a focus. There have been a few things that I've passed up because it doesn't fit in this thread. It really helps keeping my collection lean and my bank account positive.

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm a new member to RS but a long time collector. I thought I would share with you some pics of my first packaging focus. Most of it is AFA graded and everything that is is either AFA 85 or 90. I'm lucky to have picked most of this stuff up in the late 90's early 2000's when it was much cheaper than it is today.

Here are my 2 Early bird certificates - one opened, one still sealed.

First the sealed one :

It would be boring to show the opened one too, so here's a pic of the stand that was inside:

Early bird with DT Luke that was received from the open certificate:

My 12-backs + Boba, yoda, emperor and ackbar

And finally the Action Display Stand mailer

Update Oct 29 2014

I see other people's limelight have a nice close up views of their MOCs all in a row so I tried to do that as well.

I swapped out Ackbar for Lando

Here are some new additions to my collection:

Boba fett mailer with a really nice box. Baggie is SW-D and a large catalog.

I also have this pair of die cast vehicles.
X-Wing Series I and Vader's TIE Series II which are both first packaging.
I normally don't get yellow bubbles but you'll notice that these two figures have the same store's price tag and clearance stickers with the same retailer's reference ID so they have been together all these years. I couldn't split them up.

Finally, I started to get some loose figures for my kids to play with one day. They aren't mint but they are complete with non-repo accessories.

Update Nov 2015

It's been a year since my last update. I got the sealed EB certificate and EB display stand graded and also picked up a nice 12 back display header. Here are all my sealed 12 back related figures plus Boba all together in one group picture

Enjoy!
thank you for sharing and it looks so great. Your lime light with all the AFA pieces gives me inspiration as I too have just about everything AFA graded or will be, that is in my collection. Thank you again :D

Reaction score
Alright let's bump this! I haven't shared anything I've purchased in 4 years! I've been filling out my collection. I think it's safe to say I have nearly every kenner production item from 77-79.

Here's something I recently sent to CAS to get a custom case for: An unused sears cantina. I already have a Q-graded AFA one and it's nice, but I wanted to see everything inside so I got another one and sent it to CAS to case it up like this so I can see the bagged figures and cardboard backdrop. I think it came out great!

Reaction score
Porkins,that is an awesome way to display that cantina! Cas does do some nice custom cases! Great collection you have going! K

Reaction score
Dude, that's awsome ! (Pardon the surfer expression ;))

Wonderful display.

Reaction score
As much as I love the early bird pieces and header.... that Cantina set is just striking. That's gotta be bigger than my 8 year old! Absolutely love it, great piece.

Reaction score
Seeing these pieces again, in such pristine condition takes me back to going to the stores, running to the toy aisles as a kid for these figures or Christmas morning when I got the Cantina set!

Just an excellent, clean and focused collection!