Porgs 2 Pack

Reaction score
Porg Life

I wonder how they will package these? Obviously in something smaller than standard BS6 packaging.

Reaction score
Awesome, I NEED those cuties. I thought, if ever they might be packins for either some exclusive Rey or Chewbacca variant.

If they really come as that duo shown, I just hope they are regular available and NOT some kind of Lootcrate exclusive or sonething like that

Reaction score
Porgs = Jar Jar? With all this marketing, I'm having a really bad feeling about this.
By all accounts, it looks like the porgs won't have any spoken dialogue. And that automatically makes them more enjoyable than Jar Jar as far as I'm concerned. I'm sure they'll end up closer to Ewoks as far as die-hard fans' love/hate relationship with them actually is when the film comes out.

Reaction score
By all accounts, it looks like the porgs won't have any spoken dialogue. And that automatically makes them more enjoyable than Jar Jar as far as I'm concerned. I'm sure they'll end up closer to Ewoks as far as die-hard fans' love/hate relationship with them actually is when the film comes out.
At least porgs won't take down the First Order on Crait with stick weapons or slow the movie to a crawl while C-3PO recounts TFA with sound effects. Also pretty certain we won't get a stand alone Porg movie like Ewoks, *shudders*.

Reaction score
At least porgs won't take down the First Order on Crait with stick weapons or slow the movie to a crawl while C-3PO recounts TFA with sound effects. Also pretty certain we won't get a stand alone Porg movie like Ewoks, *shudders*.
This is Disney we're talking about. If the Porgs are popular we'll get media featuring Porgs. It's a given.

Reaction score
Yeah, the Porgs are a red flag. PLEASE DON'T MAKE STAR WARS CUTESY.
It was always the weakest part of any of the movies.

Reaction score
This is Disney we're talking about. If the Porgs are popular we'll get media featuring Porgs. It's a given.
Everyone watch out for made-for-TV movies "Flight of Freedom: A Porg Story" and it's sequel "Porgs: Protectors of Mute Jedi" coming soon to Disney Channel.

Reaction score
Everyone watch out for made-for-TV movies "Flight of Freedom: A Porg Story" and it's sequel "Porgs: Protectors of Mute Jedi" coming soon to Disney Channel.
Please post the time and channel when it happens so I can start Filing complaints!

Reaction score
Don't you know this is not the time to be reasonable? This is the time to make snap judgements over something you haven't even seen in context. If you decide to hate the Porgs now, before you've seen the movie, just think of all the extra complaining you can get in during the 6 weeks left before the movie comes out.

GNT

Reaction score
They make noises, there's an interactive Porg that can be played with in stores.

They're cute and pretty cheap to buy by the looks of it.

Reaction score
Porgs, what they are, don't bother me. However the fact they were created to merchandise the hell out of does bother me.

Hopefully the movie down plays them and the one Porg on the Falcon serves to help Cheipwie greive.

Reaction score
I see the Porgs as a double edged sword. On one end, the Porgs cuteness could be the downfall of the new Trilogy, while the other end, they may be important to the film than we realize, which will lead to the downfall of the new Trilogy.

Reaction score
I see the Porgs as a double edged sword. On one end, the Porgs cuteness could be the downfall of the new Trilogy, while the other end, they may be important to the film than we realize, which will lead to the downfall of the new Trilogy.
Hyperbolic language much? The downfall of the new trilogy seems awfully hysterical wording to use. By which parameters do you judge the downfall...critically, economically, or popular appeal?

Reaction score
Why indeed. Rather have 6" Ewoks.
I'm sure they will be there when the 40th hits for ROTJ :)

On another note, but in the line:
They can't make all the characters we want now, because what would they have for those anniversaries then?

Reaction score
Bunch of negative Nancys in here. Porg are gonna blow y'alls minds. Neither Ewok nor Jar Jar...speechless emotional relief animated teddy bear characters just going along for the ride and takin' the world by storm. Since they don't speak they may actually turn out to be the least offensive thing TLJ has to offer! Hah!

But I'll take 4 packs please. I wonder about who will order strange one off cases they have to rearrange pegs for though...hopefully easy to get.

Reaction score
Seems to me that a lot of folks have already made up their minds that they hate these things. Call me crazy but, I don't know...I think I will wait till I see the film to pass judgment on the Porgs. with that said, kudos to Hasbro for giving us a 2-pack of these things for only $5.99! They easily could have just re-packed Chewbacca yet again and included one of them as an accessory.

Reaction score
I dont understand all the hate for them. I bet, if they would be the same size and shape but for some reason furless and tattooed like the Cheshire Cat in the Alice videogame, there would be way other reactions.

Anyway I love them, just for the looks and that cute "wookiee-mimicking-scream". I have two theories what they might be.
Either they are just some overpopulated critters on Luke's island and only and handfull of them somehow get onboard the falcon when the heroes leave.
Or I also could imagine them being the TLJ version of the old Legends EU Ysalamiri, somehow force sensitive or force blocking

Reaction score
they can make Porgs but they can't make a Gamorrean Guard? i am actually really surprised they didn't attempt to sell this at $19.99

Reaction score
At the price its listed, I don't see what any fuss is for??? It's not going to take a spot of another character in the regular waves, and could possibly create a new avenue for smaller accessory type pieces. You don't have to like every SW item that comes out. I am pleasently surprised and don't undestand all the hate for the Porgs in the film already too. The Falcon scene is a little interesting, but SW has always had a little humor and this act of the Trilogy probably needs some. "Downfall" of the trilogy... rediculous.

Reaction score
At the price its listed, I don't see what any fuss is for??? It's not going to take a spot of another character in the regular waves, and could possibly create a new avenue for smaller accessory type pieces. You don't have to like every SW item that comes out. I am pleasently surprised and don't undestand all the hate for the Porgs in the film already too. The Falcon scene is a little interesting, but SW has always had a little humor and this act of the Trilogy probably needs some. "Downfall" of the trilogy... rediculous.
I had that exact same thought. A smaller format Black Series box could be used to give us other smaller scale figures like BB droids, Salacious Crumb, Mouse Droid, Power Droid, individual Ewoks. Maybe things like accessory packs of weapons and gear or equipment. Maybe an E-Web? Heck, they could even finally give us that Han in Carbonite in this format.

Reaction score
I had that exact same thought. A smaller format Black Series box could be used to give us other smaller scale figures like BB droids, Salacious Crumb, Mouse Droid, Power Droid, individual Ewoks. Maybe things like accessory packs of weapons and gear or equipment. Maybe an E-Web? Heck, they could even finally give us that Han in Carbonite in this format.
Hell, even just weapon packs with E-11s and a few other things. For customs and other things right now I've been toying with the idea of buying figures just for their weapons. Leia, Old Ben, etc. I haven't pulled the trigger because a) the half off sale at Wal*Mart is done and b) I'd feel a little bad.

Reaction score
Or I also could imagine them being the TLJ version of the old Legends EU Ysalamiri, somehow force sensitive or force blocking
That would be cool, but, I thought the reason Ysalamiri were retconned in the first place according to something I read, possibly here, was because someone in current creative control didn't like reducing the Force to something too sciency or that non-Jedi could tap into (too bad they didn't send that memo back through time to the midichlorian team)...

Reaction score
I think this is cool. I'm glad they aren't making them just a chewie pack in and agree that this could open the door for other tiny creatures. I also think everyone worried that these will "ruin the movie/trilogy" already decided they aren't planning to like the movie to begin with. And has anyone ever seen a Rian Johnson movie before? The guy doesnt really throw "cutesy" in anywhere.

Reaction score
I think that if this smaller assortment of Porgs is successful, maybe Hasbro will be incentivized to do similar things with BB units, like Bandai did with the Figuarts BB units. Sure, they were freebies, but Hasbro would have a hard time keeping different looking BB units on the shelf @ $6 a pop.

Maybe do some other smaller creatures, like mynocks or Ewok children, or Salacious Crumb.

Reaction score
I can't for life of me understand any kind of popular love for something you have no frame of reference to except a pop figure and a few Toys. Having a bad feeling about them strikes me as the correct feeling on them.