Pons Limbic - Cantina Patron - BD35

Reaction score
Re: Brainiac - Cantina Patron

BLIGHT: Excellent photo. But I think you have your table assembled incorrectly. Check out some other pics on the net and you'll see what I mean. It is interesting though, that the table can also be put together this way and look cool for variety.

Reaction score

Weird. I see that now. I'll have to try to fix it. I was wondering why it was hard to get in.

Reaction score

He's really cool!
Nice pic Blight.

I love all the brown, green, tan & khaki tones they use in the OT for characters' outfits.
His shoulders are quite square-ish though aren't they..

Reaction score

If anyone wants to get rid of the table that comes with Pons, shoot me a PM. I want to get 5 or 6 for a dio I'm working on.

Reaction score

I opened up this guy last night. He's a pretty good figure all around. Great sculpt and articulation.

BUT---

He feels rather soft and squishy -- almost like he's been sitting in a really hot car (or attic) for too long.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Reaction score

Roland1977 said:
If anyone wants to get rid of the table that comes with Pons, shoot me a PM. I want to get 5 or 6 for a dio I'm working on.
Got any pictures of your dio so far. I'm working on one as well and like to compare and get ideas etc.

Reaction score

GameSix said:
He feels rather soft and squishy -- almost like he's been sitting in a really hot car (or attic) for too long.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Mine seems no different from other figures. On the soft end of the scale, maybe, but not too noticeably.

Reaction score

Excellent photo, Blight!

Pons is a figure I would love to add to my collection. But like the rest of the wave, he's not showing up anywhere. Rest assured, I will be picking one up as soon as I see one!

Reaction score

I bought another one of these guys yesterday for the table (Working on a Cantina diorama). It also let me complete my R2-L3, although he has a backwards leg. XD (Anyone want to swap the left leg for my duplicate right one?)

Reaction score

pada1_schlicher said:
Roland1977 said:
Got any pictures of your dio so far. I'm working on one as well and like to compare and get ideas etc.
Not yet. Still getting pieces together right now. Construction hasn't started.

Reaction score

Lord_Atmo said:
Excellent photo, Blight!

Pons is a figure I would love to add to my collection. But like the rest of the wave, he's not showing up anywhere. Rest assured, I will be picking one up as soon as I see one!
Thanks atmo! Glad to hear you'll be getting a cantina guy!

Reaction score

Blight said:
Lord_Atmo said:
Excellent photo, Blight!

Thanks atmo! Glad to hear you'll be getting a cantina guy!
For sure, Cantina creatures are amazing figures!

Reaction score

Was pleased to see he came with a Cantina booth table, all I need now is a booth to stick it in haha! I wonder if he's a member of the Intergalactic Mensa Society with a brain like that lol

Reaction score

FORUM SNEAK PEEK!
Okay, it's time once again to add a new series of Photo Archive updates to that galaxy far, far away...!!
Here's a preview of what's coming up soon here at Rebelscum:

More to come....

Reaction score

I'm playing catch-up again this week with a new series of Photo Archive updates, this time focusing on wave 5 of THE LEGACY COLLECTION. Continuing today is Pons Limbic (formerly known as Brainiac)

More to come all week long!

Reaction score

Thanks for the update Curto. I like the faded background pics as well. The photoarchive has gotten more and more snazzy since I first started coming here in 02.

Reaction score

Blight said:
Thanks for the update Curto. I like the faded background pics as well. The photoarchive has gotten more and more snazzy since I first started coming here in 02.
Ain't that the truth!

Reaction score

I love the outfit and articulation on this guy, he can be posed like an awesome old west gunslinger.

Reaction score

Yeah, I have to say Limbic turned out to be one of my favorite out of the wave, from his head sculpt to the detail of his outfit. Thanks again for the photo archive Curto.

GNT

Reaction score

Picked this one up last week, for a background character his not to bad at all. Very articulated and the table was a nice addition.

Reaction score

Many thanks for the kind words....it has been a true labor of love over the years. As soon as I'm able, I want to drag out the older figures and do more comparisons, line-ups, and scene re-creations.

Although real life has stepped in this year more often than I would prefer, I'm trying to get caught up from the onslaught of product that came out in 2008! Up next...Evolutions and Battle Packs!

Reaction score

Mr Curto said:
Many thanks for the kind words....it has been a true labor of love over the years. As soon as I'm able, I want to drag out the older figures and do more comparisons, line-ups, and scene re-creations.

Although real life has stepped in this year more often than I would prefer, I'm trying to get caught up from the onslaught of product that came out in 2008! Up next...Evolutions and Battle Packs!
Hey I have a question. I noticed that with Bane Malar and the other Palace characters, you did a group shot of the ones who have been made. Ever consider doing that for other groups like the Catina Patrons or Imperials?

Reaction score

I have done that before with Cantina Patrons, Ewoks, the 501st Legion and a few others. I don't think I've ever done an all-Imperials group shot before

Here's the last Cantina-themed group shot I did.

I really need to do a new one, since there are several new patrons that Hasbro has made since this one was done.

Reaction score

Mr Curto said:
wow... I know that picture is missing a few characters most recently released but I'm still surprised to see that much of cantina scene HAS been made over the last 14 years. I knew the variety was pretty substantial but I didn't realize it was quite that many.

Reaction score

That is indeed a cool shot. Cantina aliens aren't my thing, but when I see them all grouped together like that it is an impressive sight. Makes me tempted to start collecting them so I can have a similar set up.

Reaction score

Gambit said:
That is indeed a cool shot. Cantina aliens aren't my thing, but when I see them all grouped together like that it is an impressive sight. Makes me tempted to start collecting them so I can have a similar set up.
ditto

I only have a few of the cantina denizens but that picture makes me think I should have picked up a few more along the way.

as for Pons Limbic, I skipped him due to complete lack of interest in him but last night I got an idea for a custom using "Brainiac" as a basis in my head so I will be picking one up very soon.

Reaction score

That is an AWESOME pic. The Cantina popup diorama will look SOOOOO good when we are done with Cantina figures (and when I am done extending my cantina to fit them all lol).

Reaction score

Wookie_inked said:
Gambit said:
ditto

I only have a few of the cantina denizens but that picture makes me think I should have picked up a few more along the way.

as for Pons Limbic, I skipped him due to complete lack of interest in him but last night I got an idea for a custom using "Brainiac" as a basis in my head so I will be picking one up very soon.

you should see my Cantina Set up ... it's not as good as some actual fully built and to scale Dios , but it is pretty good for just a ed Cardboard set up.

Reaction score

Darth_Soundwave said:
Wookie_inked said:
Gambit said:
ditto

you should see my Cantina Set up ... it's not as good as some actual fully built and to scale Dios , but it is pretty good for just a ed Cardboard set up.
Do you have pics online anywhere?

GNT

Reaction score

Mr Curto said:
Looks good Curto but it's time for an update. Looking at that old picture I have a few Cantina patrons to track down but thankfully I have at least 80% of them.

Reaction score

Hey Curto,

Can you name them all in the photo and even rate them compared to the new figures we have gotten from TAC onwards?

Reaction score

Yes, I can name them all...

I will be taking a new shot later this week....hopefully in time for Friday's update of Trinto Duaba & Dice Ibegon. As you can imagine, it takes quite a long time to set up these shots, but enjoy them as well, so it's worth it.

I am currently working on the TLC Battle Packs now for RS and a few other updates for CTR. Lots to do before the month ends.

Reaction score
I finally did pick this figure up yesterday to make a custom with the head. And I was pleasently surprised to see that his wardrobe that looked ultra boring in the picture actually has numerous elements that made me see a few other possibilities for customs parts.

Reaction score
Picked this guy up for $5 at a local grocery store, they still have a bunch of blue/white card and red/white, funny thing is that they already started stocking the new blue card SL. I wanted to get another table for the cantina, it is a great pack in.

Reaction score
It is! I wish they could give the Cantina characters more pack-ins: cups, blasters/weapons, and furniture!

Reaction score
Agreed. I really like this figure and I've bought about 5 or 6 of him. The tables are really great and I wish we could get some kind of cantina pack with more stuff like that, since TVC won't include any big accessories in the package.

Reaction score

Wookie_inked said:
Mr Curto said:
wow... I know that picture is missing a few characters most recently released but I'm still surprised to see that much of cantina scene HAS been made over the last 14 years. I knew the variety was pretty substantial but I didn't realize it was quite that many.

Where did that droid scanner thing to the left of the Jawa come from?