Pons Limbic - Cantina Patron - BD35

GNT

Reaction score
Brainiac is rumoured for the ANH wave, would you be interested in buying this character if he does get made?

Wikia Article

Thoughts on this one?

Reaction score
Re: Brainiac - Cantina Patron

Sure I would definately add him to my little cantina scene. They are dwindling the list of the cantina patrons little by little. I am hoping they release Bom Vimdin and a Saurin soon.

Reaction score

Not my favorite cantina choice, but I'll definitely get it.

Reaction score

I'd get him. Love the the fur coat he's rocking!

Reaction score

Ditto.

There seems to be an echo of the same sentiment with this guy so far - would've preferred another guy first. It's all good though..

Reaction score

if you look at the pic, i find it hard to think of any generic parts they could use to make this guy. it might need a whole new body sculpt as well.

they should nix this and release a Krang action fig from TMNT

Reaction score

OK that made no sense Grakcha, I wasted time reading that.

I would buy him, however I do love those mits he has on, my Sister had a pair back in the Day apparently all the rage, lol, however they where in better shape than old Brainiacs here.

Reaction score

I can see myself getting him if he comes with part of the bar section - but he might not. That may be a make or break on the deal, actually - Unless they do a really good job on him.

Would've preferred a couple of others first though.

Reaction score

Connyr said:
OK that made no sense Grakcha, I wasted time reading that.

Look that the picture and think of a current 3.75 inch figure who can be used to kitbash braniac's body (specifically arms) or head.

As for the second part, here is an image of Krang

Now re-read the original post and enjoy.

Reaction score

Oh you where being humorous, it didnt work leave the humor to the Bears, there funnier, Whacka Whacka.

Reaction score

What's he doing on Tatooine? Now Superman's got to fly all the way to another Galaxy to kick this robot's green <buttocks>.

Reaction score

Since it says that Brainiac is just his nickname I wonder if he will get a real name for the box.

Reaction score

Hell I hope not, he's always been Brainiac and should stay Brainiac, its part of the character's story.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score

Of course that pic is from his SW Holiday Special scene, but I'm curious if he had the same duds on in ANH. I'll have to check out some reference if I can find it.

Reaction score

VintijDroidGutzz said:
Rogue4 said:
I'd get him. Love the the fur coat he's rocking!
I think the 'fur' part is the cuff of his glove dude.
Really? I thought it was the cuff of his sleeve. I still like the costume for him.

Reaction score

i plan on getting him. Hopefully he will come with some nice cantina accesories like a piece of the bar or at least one of those little tables and a glass.
I'd also like to see some of the other less interesting cantina patrons, like the ones who were just humans. But could see how those would definitely pegwarm.

Reaction score

Maybe he’ll come packed with some kryptonite…someone had to make a superman joke.

Reaction score

JEDITOMKATT said:
Since it says that Brainiac is just his nickname I wonder if he will get a real name for the box.
I'm sure it will be changed due to licensing issues. I vote for something really close like "Brai Niac" - Why not? It's not any worse than any of those Decipher or WEG names.

Reaction score

If someone who has better computer skills/software than me could combine this photo...

...with this photo...

...I think a lot of us would get a kick out of that.

Reaction score

Wow, that was quick! Awesome, that turned out really well. Thanks!!

"He hungers for your brains!!!"

Reaction score

Hell yeah I'll buy Brainiac! I love this guy, he's so obscure and so goofy. Ahh, the magic of A New Hope...

Reaction score

If that image of him is from the Holiday special, are there any from ANH?

GNT

Reaction score

Bring him on, just another patron to add to the Cantina.

Reaction score

He doesn't "have" a real name. He was nicknamed that by BoShek, and I'd rather they leave it as Brainiac. Preserves the mystery of this character who almost no EU fiction has been written about (thankfully, they'd make him into some ridiculous uber-spy or Rebel warrior or be intricately tied in with delivering the Death Star plans to the Rebels).

Is "Brainiac" really copyrighted by DC? It seems like that portmanteau would've been around far longer, I mean, "brain" and "maniac". Really not that hard to think of. I'm sure it existed prior to the jerkwad artificial intelligence who shrank the city of Kandor. I don't see why they'd have a problem calling him Brainiac on the card.

Reaction score

Well, they (either Hasbro or Lucas) would probably want to trademark the character's name. So maybe they could do the Transformers trick ("Autobot Jazz" since they can't trademark "Jazz") and call him "Cantina Alien Braniac"

I'd pick him up, but like many others, not my first choice...

Reaction score

DC has no live trademarks for "Brainiac" There are live ones for sports drinks, snacks, and computer software. It was pobably deemed too generic to apply to a character name. It would be interesting if lucasfilm tries to figure out a way to trademark a name for this guy, but they probably won't bother.

Reaction score

Hopefully this is true. Another great addition to the cantina. A New Hope rocks.

Reaction score

If we actually get Trinto, Dice, Brainiac and Wioslea in '09 then I can honestly say there are only a handful of cantina aliens they haven' made yet (we obviously still need re-sculpts of Ponda Baba, Evazan, Lak Sivrak; and to a lesser degree maybe Takeel, Nabrun Lieds and Labria). But Bom Vimdin, Arleil Schous, the Saurins, Reegesk, the Tonnika's, Baniss Keeg, Leesub Sirln, Rycer Ryjard, Solomahal, Tzizvvt and Mosep Bineed are the only ones really left!! Actually, now that I listed them........there are still quite a few left to do!

Reaction score

Not to go off topic, but I'd love to see them do a nice SA update of Djas Puhr as well - he's a great looking alien bounty hunter.

Reaction score

VintijDroidGutzz said:
Not to go off topic, but I'd love to see them do a nice SA update of Djas Puhr as well - he's a great looking alien bounty hunter.
agreed, the saga version barely stands. he would make the bounty hunter collectors happy and the cantina patrons collectors happy at the same time.

Reaction score

Djas is dead last on my list in terms of cantina aliens being redone. I'd rather see all of the characters that haven't been done yet and the older POTF2 aliens updated before he even is considered being remade again.

Reaction score

This is a buy for me, bring on the Cantina patrons, I would like to see some of the human patrons also, like Garouf Lafoe, Danz Borin, the Prophetess, and Yerka Mig

Reaction score

Anyone remember the Brainiac card in the SWCCG game?

It had a complicated formula for figuring out his
power (which always took a long long time to calculate)
House rules (in my club) were that if you ever brought out
a Brainiac, your opponent was allowed to give you one
hard punch in the arm. ((opportunity lost if you ended
your deploy phase))

If you played a lot of LightSide sites, he could get
quite powerful (over 10 power)

-CW

(*sniff*, gawd, I miss that game)