Pondering Selling My Collection, What do you think it's worth?

Reaction score
Pondering Selling My Collection, What do you think it\'s worth?

Well, I need a paint job on my hearse really bad, and my Action Fleet collection is my most valuable asset. I'm gonna list what I have, and if you guys would be so kind, give me an idea as to what you think it is worth...

(Loose unless otherwise noted)

A-wing red
A-wing green
B-wing
B-wing alpha
E-wing (missing outer guns)
Y-wing gold
Y-wing blue
Y-wing red
Y-wing flight controller
X-wing r2
X-wing r3
X-wing r5
X-wing r6
X-wing alpha
X-wing Dagobah
X-wing flight controller
Snowspeeder
Snowspeeder Alpha
Snowspeeder Wrecked
Snowspeeder Rogue 2
T-16
Millenium Falcon (single pack)
Blockade Runner
Slave I
Tie Defender
Tie Interceptor
Tie Vader
Tie Vader (smaller version)
Tie Bomber
Tie Vader Flight Controller
Tie Fighter
Imperial Shuttle
Imperial Shuttle Alpha (one boxed, one loose)
Imperial Landing Craft
AT-AT
AT-AT Alpha
Rancor (minmsb)
Sandcrawler X2
Jabbas Sail Barge
Cloud Car
Cloud Car Alpha
Gian Speeder
Sebulba Pod
Mars Guo Pod
Flash Speeder
Naboo Fighter
Gungan Sub
Droid Fighter
Royal Starship
Trade Federation Starship
Trade Federation MTT
Trade Federation Landing Craft
Trade Federation Tank
Republic Cruiser
Sith Infiltrator
Virago

Ronto
Luke's Speeder
Escape Pod
Desert Skiff
AT-ST

and my top piece:
Japanese Zaap Exclusive 2-pack (mimb c9.5+)

So, am I going to regret selling all of this?
Give me your thoughts as fellow collectors of my favorite Genre' of toys...

Reaction score
Re: Pondering Selling My Collection, What do you think it\'s worth?

I think you'd regret it! It also depends on what you paid for it. If you were able to find most of it at retail (or clearance) it's a safe move.

on the plus side, you could get alot by first selling pieces non-essential to the movies (Imperial Landing craft, T-16)or not in the movies at all (Virago, Tie Defender).

on the downside, you'd lose alot trying to get rid of over-produced items that lingered even at clearance that for some reason Hasbro is re-releasing (X-wing, Naboo Starfighter).

Man, if you do decide to sell, LMK- a friend of mine in Romania who posts here on occaision would love some of the items you have.

My unscientific guess (judging by what I have seen SOME of these go for on e-bay on an average day) would be between $600 and $700, not counting the Silver two-pack, and based roughly on loose items. It's just a guess!

Reaction score

I'm also about to sell a large portion of my Star Wars collection to raise money to finish a film I'm doing, however no way am I selling off my Action Fleet stuff. I'll soon be selling off a lot of my MIMB 4" and 12" collections. With only a few exceptions, that's stuff that I can always replace later at more or less what I paid for it (even if it's thousands of dollars worth). At worst, many of the items I plan to sell are often available in huge lots on Ebay. And I have my even larger loose 4" and 12" Star Wars collection to placate me until I can replace my MIB stuff, anyway.

However, I also have a very large Action Fleet collection comparable to yours, both boxed and open, ships, transforming heads, playsets, etc., and it's been a lot harder to put together over the years than the regular Hasbro stuff. I wouldn't want to have to go through that again. Some stuff, like the last E1 ship waves (Sith Infiltrator, Royal Starship) and Deluxe Playsets (Otoh Gunga, Throne Room Attack, etc.) or last E1 Mini Scenes aren't even available anywhere online EXCEPT Ebay, nor have I ever seen them at collectors' shows. So I'll be hanging on to my Action Fleet stuff. The Hasbro toys will always be available in the secondary market in massive numbers.

That's just my 2 cents.

Reaction score

What do you want for your Tie defender???

Reaction score

I don't like to think of ever having to sell my collection, but if you did, how much would you want for the japanese 2-pack?

Reaction score

I paid $165 for it. If I began selling the pieces, I would stop once I had enough money to do my paint job. This being the unicorn of production pieces, I am sorry to say I would try to get a premium for it, because I don't want to sell it at all... but selling it would prevent the need to sell most of the rest of the collection...

Bah, I don't wanna do this, but I think I need to.

Reaction score

Okay guys, it's going to happen. I have too much need for the money and not enough for the toys. If you saw something there you just HAVE to have, shoot me an e-mail. I have to get top dollar, but would prefer to sell to people who need them...