pondering selling collection

Reaction score
Hi everyone, btw I'm not sure this is right place to post this but I was wanting some input and suggestions. I have been collecting since micro machines debuted followed by the kenner POTF line on through hasbro. Most of it is opened, I have many vehicles, probably 1k figures or so. Including 2-3 totes of unopened figures.

I'm disabled, limited on space, and hard to get help setting it all up. So I was gonna sell it and start collecting the fancier stuff like sideshow, gentle giant, etc. My question for everyone is what are suggestions for getting most I can from collection? I'm even pondering taking a day trip to Kokomo toy store because they buy collections and looks like an awesome toy store.

I welcome all input.

Reaction score
It really depends on how much work and time you want to put into it. If you sell figures individually on here and on eBay, you're going to make more money. Depending on the quality of your figures (condition, rarity, etc...) it could be considerably more. Figures from 2007-2012 are beginning to demand a premium price. So if you've got a lot of those, I would sell them one-by-one. If you have mostly 1995-2005 stuff, you might want to just sell your figures as a lot, because it could take a while for your individual figures to sell, unless you list them for dirt cheap. Hopefully, that helps a little bit. I've sold off probably 600-700 of my figures over the past two years, so if you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Reaction score
I agree with Civilized_Opress on his input.

I would add that you may have even more luck to sell around the holidays and use Facebook Market Place and Craigslist to avoid shipping costs. I sold a ton over this past holiday to several parents who just wanted figures they had not seen in the store and older releases like my POTF2 that were still carded. I did sell loose lots even as stocking stuffers. :) I was left with some duplicated carded figures which I donated to Toys for Tots (who will only take packaged items, by the way). Felt good to unload all of what I had - I wish you the best!!

Last edited: