Ponda Baba

could just be a common style of pilot jacket, similar to bomber jackets from the world wars.

It is odd, in the real world I mean. For two different color jackets to have the same patterns.

Not 100% sure about this, but I wonder if Ponda's orange jacket & Luke's yellow-ish jacket at the ANH awards ceremony (at the very end of the film) was the same type of jacket, just with different colors. I've always thought these looked like those "puffy" winter jackets, just re-colored to look more "unusual" for the film.

I did a little digging into this a while ago. And these jackets were based on some British motorcycle racing jackets from the 1970's. IIRC, they were made of nylon, and you did see similar jackets pop up throughout the saga. Obviously there's the one that Ponda Baba has, as well as Luke in the medal ceremony. Yerka Mig in the Cantina has a similar jacket, and so does Biggs from the deleted Tosche station scene.

I think someone has actually discovered the make of these. IDK what the name or company was. Might have been ski jackets.

It's the same thing with the Han Solo shirts.

In TFA Poe was wearing an ANG Han shirt, in TLJ, Poe has the ESB Han shirt while Finn now sports an ANH Han shirt. Jyn and Cassian both wear these "SW" jackets and Cassian is wearing a Han shirt.

One can come up with all sorts of "in universe" excuses but from a production design perspective it's just pathetically lazy.

LOL while this thread is getting sidetracked on shirts and jackets, this figure (and wave) came in/out of stock on Walmart.com:grin::eek:

LOL while this thread is getting sidetracked on shirts and jackets, this figure (and wave) came in/out of stock on Walmart.com:grin::eek:

Good to know - even though it's sold out, the more this figure is made available the closer we hopefully get to actually being able to buy this.

I find it interesting that some naysayers felt that re-packing previously available TVC figures in the TBS 3.75" line was a bad idea since they were previously available. However, those TVC re-packs seem to be the hot sellers in this line. I.e., I have yet to see Ponda anywhere (even online), and last year's Lando General & ERG are sold out @ my Wal-mart. Ponda especially is a hot figure, since many of us never saw the TVC version in stores.

That's probably because the naysayers were people who already own the repacks where as the people buying the repacks probably didn't already own the figure. It's not the same people.

Its a constant balancing act. Does hasbro place priority on making sure collectors have new figures to buy or does hasbro place priority on making sure newer collectors or collectors who missed certain figures have a chance to buy old ones.

Keep in mind that at one point Ponda baba was a "new" figure along with ERG. Now they have become the repacks. I think repacks should be kept to a minimum. Only the toughest figures to find with high EBAY prices should be repacked(which I give credit to hasbro for doing, ponda, ERG were great choices. The rest however...).

Im worried about TVC repacks like Finn, Phasma and other TFA figures. These figures are $6 at Walmart now. I'm sorry but I have no interest in the "but it's on a new card!" Nonsense. That's partially what killed the line in 2012 with the episode 1 3D stuff. Of course too much volume did it in too..

Good to know - even though it's sold out, the more this figure is made available the closer we hopefully get to actually being able to buy this.

I find it interesting that some naysayers felt that re-packing previously available TVC figures in the TBS 3.75" line was a bad idea since they were previously available. However, those TVC re-packs seem to be the hot sellers in this line. I.e., I have yet to see Ponda anywhere (even online), and last year's Lando General & ERG are sold out @ my Wal-mart. Ponda especially is a hot figure, since many of us never saw the TVC version in stores.

To clarify, people are against TVC repacks that were easy to find the first time. And that most of us could have bought several of. This excludes Ponda and the ERG. Lando, Ackbar, and the rest are still in some stores.

The jacket was also used in Space 1999 (filmed around the same time). Pockets and string were removed.
Perhaps researching S1999 will give the company.

Army builders, Rare or HTF repacks are good. Yet another Vader is bad.

Still haven't seen anything past the Lando wave here.

I'll probably be very lucky just to find one figure, so I have no hope of getting extras that I wanted for customs. lol
While I'd like to think there will be enough to go around, have the feeling this wave will suffer the same fate as the Raddus wave!

I lobe Tunghori. I've given him so much of my business in the past two years and I've been buying from him since 2010. If I could avoid buying from major retailers/hasbro for the rest of my life I will. Tunghori, the people's Champion.

He's also got the white boba feet. If you're an opener like me why would you waste your time with Walmart?

When my nephew was younger he drew a picture of his favourite character Boba Feet (sic)!

Doesn't matter if you order 5 figures or 50, Tunghori can get them all in the same sized box. It's like a clown car but with action figures.

Problem with most people, is that they start moaning as soon as the wave starts shipping just because it isn't in their local store. I can manage to wait a few weeks of not finding said product, before I start becoming concerned and feel the need to buy online. Or cry foul that Hasbro is being unfairly cruel. lol

Problem with most people, is that they start moaning as soon as the wave starts shipping just because it isn't in their local store. I can manage to wait a few weeks of not finding said product, before I start becoming concerned and feel the need to buy online. Or cry foul that Hasbro is being unfairly cruel. lol
It's true. It's always all doom and gloom and 6 months later they are on clearance for $5.84

I do love Tunghori though. I order from him/her/whatever all the time.

Tapped by a Pixel XL

I bought 2 sand troopers for $11.99 + $5.00 shipping. The figures actually come with binoculars, something not included from hasbro. I received both flawless figures in about 5 days.

So for less than what Walmart charges($11.99 instead of $12.84) I got two sand troopers with binoculars shipped for about $14.50 each.

My Walmarts still have The Force Awakens BS,(Finn, Leia, Phasma and Han and nothing else) for $5.84, nearly two years after the film came out.

Ive never seen ERG wave or RO.

$14.50 each for two sand troopers in my mailbox. No driving no frustration.

I don't know you tell me....

I'm kinda concerned now, I ordered 12 figures from Tunghori on April 29 and still haven't gotten them.

I'm kinda concerned now, I ordered 12 figures from Tunghori on April 29 and still haven't gotten them.

You should be fine. That is a fair amount of figures. A month does seem a BIT long though.

Because Walmart is cheaper, and if you find them in store there's no shipping charge.

Even better use SHIP TO STORE and get Free Shipping AND a small discount. My Walrusman was shipped free, arrived 2 days earlier then quoted and was discounted around $0.50. Not a huge amount of money but still...

Ha! First a Tunghori order huh? I usually have to wait at least a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should be fine. That is a fair amount of figures. A month does seem a BIT long though.

I think more figures probably does make it longer, too. I suspect Tung uses factory rejects. I think he pulls figures from the reject bins that have salvageable parts, then just kit bashes them together into "complete" figures. That's why sometimes a factory error still gets through?- he doesn't have a "clean" part for that piece. Basically a Hasbro factory build a droid operation.

I've probably ordered 40+ figures from Tunghori and the only error I ever received from him was Hoth Leia missing eyebrows. That was back in 2010.

I've probably ordered 40+ figures from Tunghori and the only error I ever received from him was Hoth Leia missing eyebrows. That was back in 2010.

I've had a couple with really tight joints (found that out when I snapped one, then snapped another despite being really careful..) and one with mark or imprint from something that probably rested on the fig while the plastic was still warm! I considered getting a refund for that one, but it was so cheap and on the back of the fig anyway, and I feel like it's a pretty neat souvenir of the manufacturing process, so I kept it ;)

I bought 2 sand troopers for $11.99 + $5.00 shipping. The figures actually come with binoculars, something not included from hasbro. I received both flawless figures in about 5 days.
I don't need two Sandtroopers, but thanks for the heads up anyways. :p

SA in general was the start of that. Ever since we started getting the 14 POA standard, they started missing more an more. It's like because of the increased cost, they have to speed up the assembly line. Thus the paining dept just isn't fast enough anymore.

I can picture a bunch of short people running along the assembly line trying to apply paint apps, while its moving twice as fast as it used too!

Back