Poll- Would you be in favor of a stock market-type action figure trading site?

Reaction score
If it could be constructed properly, and reflect a fair, active, and diverse real-time pricing environment a-la the New York Stock Exhange, do you think there would be interest among collectors to buy/sell figures on a "stock market platform" as opposed to Ebay, or trading forums? Imagine seeing a ticker tape like on CNBC, but with trading symbols for action figures instead of stock companies and green/red arrows displaying if they are up or down for the day. Maybe even a virtual market where real figures don't change hands, but the market simply is used to accurately value the figures in a way never before attempted, but proven to work in it's design. Without thinking too much about the "How", just wondering on a yes/no basis if this idea intrigues collectors? Thanks. Been working on this for a while, and I have a lot of ideas/wireframe web pages/databases, etc.

Reaction score
Scalpers would love that idea, make the average collector suffer of figures "allocations"...so I say "no"

Reaction score
I probably would not like it, mainly because it becomes less of a fun aspect and more about money and exchanging of such. So I say "No".

Reaction score
Perhaps if there were more details about this idea of yours (MickC) then people could maybe give a more positive opinion??? Just a thought BUT the initial description in your opening thread message sounded interesting to me. :)

Reaction score
I'm going to have to say "no". Placing a value on the figures may make them harder to find.

Plus, real time data would only help the scalpers. Rarely am I in a position where I'd have to have data for buying a figure on the spot - generally I know what I'm looking for and the most I'm willing to pay for it. I wouldn't really be in a place where I'd see a figure and then need to check online for the current market value.

I guess if anything, this could work for Vintage and then gauge interest, but if used on Modern, it will only be abused.