Poe's X-Wing Fighter with Poe Dameron

GNT

Reaction score
I do like the fact they are sticking with miniatures for the ships.
It's just a production painted model for reference, they always make models for the vehicles/characters for each film. I'm sure it'll be CGI for space/action scenes and live set piece for any ground shots :)

Reaction score
This is the one I am most anticipating... hoping that the black/orange and the blue/gray ones are both available on Force Friday.

Since the figs are going to be 5 POA anyway... I am hoping that they will scale the new X-Wing around this size... the price and size will be just right for me!

Reaction score
I cannot understand this mentality. Backwards. You want inaccurately sculpted and scaled vehicles, so it can feel like the late 70's even though it's 2015? You want to go backwards.

Reaction score
I think if you Keep going backwards, you'll evetually end up going Forwards, right?

GNT

Reaction score
Hasbro just needs to get back to the basics IMO - they need to start releasing items with "toys" in mind to build up a new audience so if that means releasing something "backwards" then so be it. Though I'm sure the tooling would be more detailed then that. Hasbro needs to make the line fun and playable for everybody young and old.

Reaction score
I agree with getting back to Basics, GNT. I think that's been a big Problem for the line for a Long time. Hasbro tried too many side Projects that just didn't take off and in the end, I think they really were a waste of time and energy (AB, Fighter pods, Command). I understand they want to bring new People into the fold, but with something like Command, they killed it by having sets that cost way too much for somebody that would buy a product like that. Plastic army men can be a lot of fun, but when you have to put out $50 to get a set that has a specific main character in it, then you're really missing your target audience. Those that have $50 to spend are not going to buy a Command set, they're going to buy a couple of ships and a couple of figures.

Back to Basics...ie 3.75" figures and ships.

Reaction score
Hasbro just needs to get back to the basics IMO - they need to start releasing items with "toys" in mind to build up a new audience so if that means releasing something "backwards" then so be it. Though I'm sure the tooling would be more detailed then that. Hasbro needs to make the line fun and playable for everybody young and old.

Right right, because the items hasbro has released have stopped being toys. You can hardly play with them. (100% sarcasm)

Reaction score
Bingo.

If Hasbro is going 100% for the toy aspect of the 3.75 line, they are going to need to go for smaller scaled vehicles with interactivity with the 5-POA figures first and foremost in mind.

I also might be the only one who prefers the Kenner X-wing to the Hasbro one... I own the Dagobah X-wing from 2004... its just too big to display properly... and IMO too big for kids to play with. The Kenner version was perfect for both aspects.

Also I am sure Hasbro could do the proper details to satisfy both kids and collectors.

Reaction score
For my part, i've waited for more than a decade to finally see what i was looking for in Hasbro's Star Wars line. Lots of articulation on figures allowing for mutiple, realistic, posing options and vehicles detailed enough and relatively to scale with figures so i could use them as backdrops for my figures display.

Hasbro going back to 5 POA and soft sculpt undersized vehicles means they the end of 4" collecting for me. If i am to collect new Star Wars 4" toys in the future, they'd have to blend with earlier releases such as BMF, large X-Wing and Ties, Legacy Collection Rancor and the most detailed figures i own.

Right now, it seems i'll have to find my STar Wars fix elsewhere.

GNT

Reaction score
Right right, because the items hasbro has released have stopped being toys. You can hardly play with them. (100% sarcasm)
Yes they're all toys at the end of the day however I'm thinking in terms of Hasbro returning to making toys yeah toys(in the 3.75 line) with kids in mind and not so much collector figures aimed at collectors who just leave them packaged anyways. Perhaps if they returned to the core of making toys for kids the line would succeed and would have more future collectors.

As David mentioned above smaller vehicles is a perfect example, no kid can play with the big Falcon or big x-wing that are still currently warming toy shelves. I expect I'll see them around for years.

Hasbro has lost touch with what actually made the Star Wars line popular to begin with and has released a lot of crap in the last 5years, if they focused more on the toy line this hobby would be buzzing right now. So IMO Hasbro should be focusing on the kids aspect of the line instead of the collector aspect in this new era of SW. Collectors are important but kids and the next generation are more important to keep the line going.

Reaction score
Yes they're all toys at the end of the day however I'm thinking in terms of Hasbro returning to making toys yeah toys(in the 3.75 line) with kids in mind and not so much collector figures aimed at collectors who just leave them packaged anyways. Perhaps if they returned to the core of making toys for kids the line would succeed and would have more future collectors.

As David mentioned above smaller vehicles is a perfect example, no kid can play with the big Falcon or big x-wing that are still currently warming toy shelves. I expect I'll see them around for years.

Hasbro has lost touch with what actually made the Star Wars line popular to begin with and has released a lot of crap in the last 5years, if they focused more on the toy line this hobby would be buzzing right now. So IMO Hasbro should be focusing on the kids aspect of the line instead of the collector aspect in this new era of SW. Collectors are important but kids and the next generation are more important to keep the line going.
Ok, I'm just curious what is the name of the planet you live on? Hasbro has released a lot of CRAP in the past 5 years? Are you drunk?

Reaction score

Actually wait a minute. This post, is so beyond absurd that I've decided I don't want to reply with sarcasm. I'd rather go through this post and point out what's wrong with it.

-Your first few sentences make a few really off base assumptions about collectors and toys. How do you know what "collectors" do with their collection? What evidence can you point to, to make the claim that "collectors just leave them packaged anyways". Says who? Certainly SOME collectors might. And some don't. Who are you to say what should happen with a toy once it leaves the store with the person who purchased it? How can you KNOW what happens to it?

- who are you to say what toys are FOR whom? People can but whatever the heck they want!

- return to making toys with kids in mind? The Star Wars toys over the past few years have included figures of main characters, aimed at kids in almost all case assortments in BOTH the 5POA Lines, and the SA line, AND THE 6 inch scale! Not to mention cheaper smaller simplified versions of popular vehicles, lightsaber toys, etc. Add to that more expensive vehicles (like the AT AT, Millennium falcon, snow speeder, cloud car, clone shuttle, that 6 leg clone wars walker thing etc) have included tons of play features SPECIFICALLY GEARED FOR CHILDREN THST DIDNT APPEAR IN THR FILMS!

- kids can't play with the falcon and x wing warming the shelves? If you're talking about the hero series , that's because they're hunks of plastic that neither kids nor collectors can wrap their heads around. If you're talking about the falcon from 2008, that thing IS A PLAY set! Were kids carrying around the gi joe flag 30 years ago? And the new x wings are only slightly bigger than the vintage versions! They STILL aren't to scale! And the newest version includes play features!

- in other posts you've claimed kids are hasbros main Star Wars demographic, now you're saying collectors have been and hasbro lost touch with toys for kids ? Which is it? You can't have it both ways. If kids are hasbros bread and butter then what do you mean hasbro lost touch with that? (Mean while there are very few items on shelves now for collectors, add to that an entire movie line is about to launch aimed at kids!)

- a lot of CRAP IN past 5 years??!? In the past 5 years we had some of the coolest Star Wars toys ever made, like the AT AT! And just recently the entire line has shifted to primarily kids items! Go look at the stores!

What the hell and I mean what the hell are you talking about?! How can you have been in this hobby for as long as you have and be a moderator on these forums and then post what you did above?!

Reaction score
More than illustrating a point, this post really displays how Hasbro is regressing as a company.
Depressing... :\
Or surviving. Nobody wants to pay high prices for toys. If Hasbro wants to sell action figures they need to be affordable for all buyers, not just snobby collectors.

Reaction score
Actually wait a minute. This post, is so beyond absurd that I've decided I don't want to reply with sarcasm. I'd rather go through this post and point out what's wrong with it.

-Your first few sentences make a few really off base assumptions about collectors and toys. How do you know what "collectors" do with their collection? What evidence can you point to, to make the claim that "collectors just leave them packaged anyways". Says who? Certainly SOME collectors might. And some don't. Who are you to say what should happen with a toy once it leaves the store with the person who purchased it? How can you KNOW what happens to it?

- who are you to say what toys are FOR whom? People can but whatever the heck they want!

- return to making toys with kids in mind? The Star Wars toys over the past few years have included figures of main characters, aimed at kids in almost all case assortments in BOTH the 5POA Lines, and the SA line, AND THE 6 inch scale! Not to mention cheaper smaller simplified versions of popular vehicles, lightsaber toys, etc. Add to that more expensive vehicles (like the AT AT, Millennium falcon, snow speeder, cloud car, clone shuttle, that 6 leg clone wars walker thing etc) have included tons of play features SPECIFICALLY GEARED FOR CHILDREN THST DIDNT APPEAR IN THR FILMS!

- kids can't play with the falcon and x wing warming the shelves? If you're talking about the hero series , that's because they're hunks of plastic that neither kids nor collectors can wrap their heads around. If you're talking about the falcon from 2008, that thing IS A PLAY set! Were kids carrying around the gi joe flag 30 years ago? And the new x wings are only slightly bigger than the vintage versions! They STILL aren't to scale! And the newest version includes play features!

- in other posts you've claimed kids are hasbros main Star Wars demographic, now you're saying collectors have been and hasbro lost touch with toys for kids ? Which is it? You can't have it both ways. If kids are hasbros bread and butter then what do you mean hasbro lost touch with that? (Mean while there are very few items on shelves now for collectors, add to that an entire movie line is about to launch aimed at kids!)

- a lot of CRAP IN past 5 years??!? In the past 5 years we had some of the coolest Star Wars toys ever made, like the AT AT! And just recently the entire line has shifted to primarily kids items! Go look at the stores!

What the hell and I mean what the hell are you talking about?! How can you have been in this hobby for as long as you have and be a moderator on these forums and then post what you did above?!
Dude, calm down. You both make some good poits.

Reaction score
No...no we don't. The points he made are absurd. Which points of his are "good"?
The point that if Hasbro is going to go all in on the TOY aspect of the 3.75 line... it would be wise to truly go all in and provide a very Kenner-style of action figures and Vehicles. Affordable, durable, and great playability (does not necessarily mean stupid crap like rocket firing weapons).

If I were in-charge the "standard" for 3.75 from a business sense seems to be well sculpted, durable figures selling for the 4.99-7.99 range. With the "deluxe" vehicles I would include slightly higher articulation figures to accommodate things like Rey's speeder (knees and hands in particular).

In terms of vehicles I would go mostly for the Kenner-scale for the X-Wings, TIE Fighters, and speeders... but go with the BMF scale for the Falcon... because let's face it... the Falcon is pretty much a playset.

Essentially you create a toy line first... and do it well enough that the collectors want to buy in as well.

Reaction score
The point that if Hasbro is going to go all in on the TOY aspect of the 3.75 line... it would be wise to truly go all in and provide a very Kenner-style of action figures and Vehicles. Affordable, durable, and great playability (does not necessarily mean stupid crap like rocket firing weapons).
Hasbro....is....already...doing that....they HAVE been. They have $20, durable scaled down vehicles with play features. From the prequels, through OT, to rebels.....what are you talking about?

Reaction score
Or surviving. Nobody wants to pay high prices for toys. If Hasbro wants to sell action figures they need to be affordable for all buyers, not just snobby collectors.
Surviving? Please! They wouldn't be releasing a $170 vehicle if they were "hurting."
Also, it's good to know that voicing an opinion is considered "snobby."

Reaction score
But that's all you have. You don't have a legitimate argument.
Ultimately, none of us here have one real iota of influence over the end result. There's no need to argue, this stuff is already sitting in shipping containers or distribution centers right now, and there's nothing any of us can do about it but buy it...or not buy it. It's all gonna be okay either way. :)

Reaction score
But...the 2010 snow speeder is accurately scaled...it's a collector/kid blend. It's got the accuracy for collectors, with switchable parts for kids. It was a fantastic mix of ideas. It's also part of what GNT classified as "the crap" over the past 5 years. It was released with the fantastic at at and cloud car(also in the assortment with the snow speeder). These releases were in the past 5 years, you know, the time frame GNT says was a period of crap, in the ridiculous post of his that you abd ebates are defending.

Reaction score
Surviving? Please! They wouldn't be releasing a $170 vehicle if they were "hurting."
Also, it's good to know that voicing an opinion is considered "snobby."
i wasn't suggesting that you were snobby, so much as I was saying that ALL collectors were snobs in some way or another. Just look at the thread that asks "What can Hasbro do to ensure success..." Everyone thinks they know the best way to handle the toyline, when really, most of us dont even have experience trying to sell it.

Reaction score
Ultimately, none of us here have one real iota of influence over the end result. There's no need to argue, this stuff is already sitting in shipping containers or distribution centers right now, and there's nothing any of us can do about it but buy it...or not buy it. It's all gonna be okay either way. :)
But that has nothing to do with anything I posted, or anything I was arguing.

Reaction score
i wasn't suggesting that you were snobby, so much as I was saying that ALL collectors were snobs in some way or another. Just look at the thread that asks "What can Hasbro do to ensure success..." Everyone thinks they know the best way to handle the toyline, when really, most of us dont even have experience trying to sell it.
That's not being a snob. That's having an opinion about ones interests. If you think collectors are snobs or wrong for having discussions on a discussion forum, about toys, then you don't belong here. Don't come here. Don't be a "snob".

All collectors are snobs for discussing toys? Speak for yourself.

Reaction score
But...the 2010 snow speeder is accurately scaled...it's a collector/kid blend. It's got the accuracy for collectors, with switchable parts for kids. It was a fantastic mix of ideas. It's also part of what GNT classified as "the crap" over the past 5 years. It was released with the fantastic at at and cloud car(also in the assortment with the snow speeder). These releases were in the past 5 years, you know, the time frame GNT says was a period of crap, in the ridiculous post of his that you abd ebates are defending.
I would love more vehicles like the 2010 Snowspeeder. I am just trying to say that I dont think Hasbro can produce stuff like that at the price we, and the retailers are comfortable with. Would love to be proven wrong though.