Poe's X-Wing Fighter with Poe Dameron

GNT

Reaction score
New picture is up of Poe's X-Wing:

Who's going to pick this up? Thoughts on it?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not sure. I'm not convinced it isn't just a stand-in/ mock-up for a normal X-Wing anyway.

Reaction score
The nose looks way too short. It's probably been discussed elsewhere, but I find it really weird, it seems that there's no space for the pilot's legs !

Reaction score
Not sure. I'm not convinced it isn't just a stand-in/ mock-up for a normal X-Wing anyway.
I agree. It looks highly distorted, as if it's intended to only be photographed from one angle and it is NOT the angle that the above photo was taken.

Most likely just a placeholder for the CG artists to use as reference.

Reaction score
I might be mistaken but those parts if the foreground of that pic looks like X Wing parts, I see an engine intake, a few nose cones, and two rear fuselage pieces

Reaction score
How long do you think a pilots legs are? o-o
Well, if you check the blueprints or cross-sections from the vehicles, you'll see that the nose of the X-Wing contains the sensors, proton torpedoes tubes and storage, and a lot of electronic equipment related to the cockpit. These things need some space, and I don't see them fitting in this model as the nose looks way too short.

Here's the old X-Wing for reference :

Reaction score
Of course they will make it slightly different than previous X-Wings. They have the means to make things amazing nowaday PLUS a variation means new merchandise....and you know how important product is to the business.

I eagerly await a finished version for viewing :)

Reaction score
The EP7 X-Wing had to be an XJ3 or later model with the 30 year span between EP6 and EP7. The X-Wing in the TVC line has the flip out proton torpedo launcher that would serve as a third proton torpedo launcher of the XJ3. It would just have to be repainted.

Reaction score
This new X-Wing is garanteed to be released. I just hope Hasbro won't go the easy route and downsize it for budget purpose. Besides, leaked images showed several paint schèmes, that will certainly be a big incentive for Hasbro to invest in a mold they can sell multiple times with slight repaints.

Reaction score
This is te only vehicle I really want and it would more than be welcomed. Although I do prefer the white/blue from the teaser, I wouldn't mind the black/orange ones from the leaked pics either.

Reaction score
Oh, I'm sure that we'll get both. Once Hasbro has the mold, they'll paint it every way they can...

I just hope the TFA vehicles aren't the tiny undersized junk we're getting now...

Reaction score
This new X-Wing is garanteed to be released. I just hope Hasbro won't go the easy route and downsize it for budget purpose. Besides, leaked images showed several paint schèmes, that will certainly be a big incentive for Hasbro to invest in a mold they can sell multiple times with slight repaints.
I agree, and I really hope they don't ruin the new X-Wing with horrible firing missile on the wingtips too.

Reaction score
Oh, I'm sure that we'll get both. Once Hasbro has the mold, they'll paint it every way they can...

I just hope the TFA vehicles aren't the tiny undersized junk we're getting now...
I hope they have both a kids priced scale ($15-$20) and a "collector's" scale for ($60-$100).

My guess is there'll be a Saga Legends shrunk down version and that's it though. Possibly 2.5" like GotG.

Reaction score
2.5" figures. Nothing like producing fiures that can use old Kenner M.A.S.K. vehicles.

Reaction score
Well, if you check the blueprints or cross-sections from the vehicles, you'll see that the nose of the X-Wing contains the sensors, proton torpedoes tubes and storage, and a lot of electronic equipment related to the cockpit. These things need some space, and I don't see them fitting in this model as the nose looks way too short.

Here's the old X-Wing for reference :
We have phones in out hands that are smaller and more powerful than most big, bulky desktop model computers. All of that in less than the 30 year time span between these trilogies. So why can't the tech in the Star Wars universe evolve as well?

Reaction score
So why can't the tech in the Star Wars universe evolve as well?
Because it's meant to DEvolve. That's why you have graceful, sleek vehicles in peacetime Naboo replaced with bulky, angular war machines as design becomes of secondary importance and fighting escalates.

Reaction score
Because it's meant to DEvolve. That's why you have graceful, sleek vehicles in peacetime Naboo replaced with bulky, angular war machines as design becomes of secondary importance and fighting escalates.
Those ships belonged to the Naboo Queen's security though, not a rag-tag rebel alliance. And as fighting escalates, there's always a constant need to push out newer and better tech. I'll agree that maybe their production levels won't be too high, but from a design point of view, there's enough differences in what we see so far to believe it's been 30 years.

GNT

Reaction score
There really should be new tech in the galaxy, maybe like on Coruscant and other surrounding planets but backwards places like Tatooine I can understand being stuck like it was in the OT, you don't really need all the latest gizmos on a sandy planet. While it's nice to keep it all looking the same to help visually tie OT and ST together, the ST does need to sink it's feet into the current universe and set new trends instead of just living in the past.

I'd say we'll get several X-Wings in the new line, I just hope Hasbro gets it right the first time.

Reaction score
I agree, I also hope that Hasbro don't go down the route of having those horrible over-large firing missile guns on the wing tips too.

Reaction score
I'll take a new X-wing. Especially if it has those slick blue markings.

Reaction score
I will buy this multiple times - but only if the quality is there. At the moment down here in Australia the only x-wing available to purchase is that discount store style (Jakks?) hollow giant x-wing. No opening cockpit. No figure. $90 Australian. No thanks.

HOPEFULLY the vehicles from TFA will be old-school (2010) style.

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm almost as worried about the vehicles as I am that the figures will be 5 poa. These new junky vehicles that Hasbro has been putting out are really bad.

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm almost as worried about the vehicles as I am that the figures will be 5 poa. These new junky vehicles that Hasbro has been putting out are really bad.
Agreed. There is NO way I will purchase these if Hasbro goes the cheap-*** route of making them solid pieces of plastic (like the recent X-wing & Millennium Falcon).

My greatest concern is that I have seen NONE of the Falcons left that were sold at my local WalMarts (and probably largely because they were released during the holiday shopping rush). This is just the kind of thing that would make WalMart's purchasers order more cruddy vehicles like these...and give Hasbro the idea that everyone "loves" them. Green-light for more! :rolleyes:

Reaction score
I love that black x wing. That is best seller toy material.

Reaction score
don't forget that Hasbro could go down the undersized route like they did with some of the recent vehicle releases.
Don't put ideas in corrupt hasbro's heads!!! you'll be saying you want oversized laser cannons with shooting missiles next.

Reaction score
Those engines look so stupid I don't think I will ever be ok with this. I just hope there is an original x-wing in the movie. Maybe we'll get another toy of that.

I like the sharper nose though.

Reaction score
If they go back to how they were bigger and fit figures I'm in, lights and sounds a dbl win, but would settle for it not being a single piece of plastic non opening junk.

Reaction score
Don't put ideas in corrupt hasbro's heads!!! you'll be saying you want oversized laser cannons with shooting missiles next.
I'm sure the aesthetics of the POTF2 Attack R5-D4 can be incorporated into Soccer Ball Droid.

Reaction score
I'm in for both of those X-Wings, especially the blue marked one. Really like how they look. Hopefully we get them in Vintage Collection style that fit figures in. If they did a big Hero Series version in addition though, I might get it to hang from the ceiling.

Reaction score
I'm in for just about any new vehicles (especially Xs and TiEs) if they are vintage (modern vintage) size, not class II junk.

Reaction score
I'm in for just about any new vehicles (especially Xs and TiEs) if they are vintage (modern vintage) size, not class II junk.
Exactly. That new imperial troop transport is so amazingly undersized that I have lost all interest in getting it. The class 2 vehicles are tiny (and cheaply built as well). Just junk.

Reaction score
My real hope for toys is that we get another BMF size vehicle (if they actually release the BMF again I don't see changes significant enough for me to re-purchase) and that this large toy-ship is based on a new design that I really love.

Given the current status of SW toys that may truly be a pipe dream.

Reaction score
I think it's really time for CVII or just a few photos of some TFA stuff. This endless speculation is killing me.