Poe's Boosted X-Wing & Poe Dameron (TRU)

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]I really, really hate this micro-vehicle scale. I was hoping and wishing that Hasbro would make a larger scaled version for The Last Jedi range, but all we get again is this hideous shrunken-monstrosity re-release with a booster attachment. Very disappointing indeed.

[/FONT]

Reaction score
A little paint details would have been nice!
Agreed and it should have been cheaper. And the pics from Rebelscum seem to still show a bit of warpage on the wing tip cannons (they look like they are bent outward a bit; still much better than the first release) while the pics from Bantha Skull don't. I wonder if getting warped cannons is a hit and miss deal with this thing.

Reaction score
Thank you for the awesome pictures ActivistFangirl, I'm baffled why Rebelscum didn't even bother to take photos of the back end of this thing. It seems like the literal most interesting part. Were they trying to avoid showing it or something? Pretty lame that the engines don't do anything and they are still asking us to shell out $50 for exactly that...a shell!

Reaction score
Thank you for the awesome pictures ActivistFangirl, I'm baffled why Rebelscum didn't even bother to take photos of the back end of this thing. It seems like the literal most interesting part. Were they trying to avoid showing it or something? Pretty lame that the engines don't do anything and they are still asking us to shell out $50 for exactly that...a shell!
You are welcome. To be honest I think the booster looks ridiculous, it reminds me of a metal droid spider, like a Clone Wars-era Probe Droid.

Reaction score
....Pretty lame that the engines don't do anything and they are still asking us to shell out $50 for exactly that...a shell!
...unless you live in Australia in which case Toys R Us charge you AUD$99.96 for this POS!

The current exchange rate is 1AUD = 0.75USD so it should cost AUD$66.00. But we get to pay the Aussie Tax on everything officially licensed down here.

Reaction score
And I thought we had it bad at $79.99 CDN which equates to like $62US. Can't remember how much it is in the US stores.
It's $49.99 over in the US. Worse still is the $60 price tag for 2 figures and the wristband here and $35 in the US. It's more than just the basic exchange rate anymore. I'm not looking forward to seeing what TVC figures/vehicles cost next year.

Reaction score
picked this up last week at my local TRU on Thursday... I used my TRU credit card and got 5% off and had $35.00 in reward dollars as well so I picked it up for $15.00 total... I was pleasantly surprised to receive on in perfect condition with no warping on the cannons. kinda bummed by the lack of lights in the ship and the repack of Poe but it's nice to finally have a black X-Wing with no warping.

Reaction score
The booster looks more TMNT than Star Wars, but we shall see. We. Shall. See.. I kind of wish the first movie and therefore Hasbro had just stuck with the grey resistance x-wings and no black Poe version, because then I might have reason to pick this up. Only JJ Abrams would pull such a cheap trick like build a full size x-wing and have it explode off camera after being shot by stormtrooper blasters. Lol

●●●●

Reaction score
The booster looks more TMNT than Star Wars, but we shall see. We. Shall. See.. I kind of wish the first movie and therefore Hasbro had just stuck with the grey resistance x-wings and no black Poe version, because then I might have reason to pick this up. Only JJ Abrams would pull such a cheap trick like build a full size x-wing and have it explode off camera after being shot by stormtrooper blasters. Lol

●●●●
I agree.. I preferred the grey/white X-Wing with the blue markings. I haven't attempted it yet but I'm hoping the booster engine is removable as I'd put it on my Walmart version of the grey x_wing

Reaction score
I think it would look better on a grey x-wing, but that's not a custom I would be willing to try consdering what these puppies cost, but who knows what they'll be worth this time next year? Considerably less for sure.

●●●●

Reaction score
Yeah, got this today and it's SO much better overall than the TFA one. The price tag was dumb, but I'm glad I upgraded.

Reaction score
I really liked how this ship was used in the movie. Really fun and unique little gimmick that creates the opening of the film and set in motion everything that came after it in the film. Also it's a very interesting metaphor perhaps for who Poe is at the start of the film. A character the very much leads from the front who hasn't learned to be as like methodical Admiral Holdo and Leia. Those are lessons Poe learns by the end of the film. This boosted need for extra speed to make things happen too fast for the 1st Order to react is a great contrast with the protracted space cruiser chase going on for the majority of the movie after that.

I wrote earlier when this modified X-wing was revealed that it was the worst sort of "toy" thinking for design. I take it back. All that matters is something working in the movie and the need to have a regular ship that with a hidden speed boost made perfect sense.

Reaction score
I picked this up recently since it dropped to $39.99. After watching some reviews I realized that it's a pretty nicely designed toy. What sold it for me were the magnets in the S-foils that hold them together when closed. I think it looks best when closed actually. I did see from reviews that the quality is better with the cannons and nose tip not being warped.

I screwed up last time with Bigg's X-wing. I would see it all the time marked down a little at TRU, but I would always pass it up waiting for it to go down further on clearance. I was also assuming that Luke's would be coming out sometime in the future in a vintage box. I waited so long, that they eventually sold out. I've regretted it ever since.

It's like the time I was going to go see Mr. T at the mall. I kept saying I'll go a little later....:)

Reaction score
yep, I did the same, thought it was way overpriced especially being at TRU which NEVER has sales, but I missed out. Loved that X-Wing and I also wrongfully assumed they'd make a VC Luke ship. You'd think it's still coming, I mean, slap a vintage box on that and it's an easy sale for Hasbro.

Reaction score
I do recall Hasbro mentioning the blue squadron rogue one x -wing at toy fair but I don't recall in what capacity.

Reaction score
I do recall Hasbro mentioning the blue squadron rogue one x -wing at toy fair but I don't recall in what capacity.
That's what I was hinting at. I was super surprised to see no Rogue One blue leader X-wing released especially when we got the U-wing. I know I'm new and probably rehashing an old argument, but it's still puzzling.

Reaction score
Too ling may not been available, or at least that's a rehashed canned excuse, but even a repaint of the potf2 x wing for blue squadron would be been a heck of a lot better than that mild repaint of tie striker tru got as an excl last year.

Reaction score
Oh and then wm could've gotten a black n white crashed variant w/ 2nd two tubes instead of rehashed f.o. tie last fall.

Reaction score
Is anyone finding this at a discount price now that TRU is closing?

Reaction score
Too ling may not been available, or at least that's a rehashed canned excuse, but even a repaint of the potf2 x wing for blue squadron would be been a heck of a lot better than that mild repaint of tie striker tru got as an excl last year.
Does anyone know if Hasbro still has the old tooling...I remember reading on a Joe site that Hasbro lost alot of tooling when they switched factories to the one in veitnam....something about the Chinese factory refusing to give them up or something...the thing I read at the time was they lost 75% of their tooling for Star Wars and 80%+ for GI Joe.

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Hasbro still has the old tooling...I remember reading on a Joe site that Hasbro lost alot of tooling when they switched factories to the one in veitnam....something about the Chinese factory refusing to give them up or something...the thing I read at the time was they lost 75% of their tooling for Star Wars and 80%+ for GI Joe.
Not sure what the story is/was. Generally speaking, tooling ownership is agreed upon in the contract before anything even gets started. That being said, it's not uncommon for tools to get "lost", damaged, or arrive with vital components missing when a company is asked to transfer them to another factory. I've seen this happen on various occasions.

Reaction score
Are there any rumblings of an original trilogy X-wing in the near future?
None that I've seen, but there have been significant calls for a Blue Leader X-wing from Rogue One. The most recent OT era X-wing was the Red 3 version, but that came out 5 years ago.

Reaction score
Not sure what the story is/was. Generally speaking, tooling ownership is agreed upon in the contract before anything even gets started. That being said, it's not uncommon for tools to get "lost", damaged, or arrive with vital components missing when a company is asked to transfer them to another factory. I've seen this happen on various occasions.
Contracts don't work when a communist government nationalizes a company and claims everything as their own. Which happened to Hasbro, it was mentioned at one of the GIJoe conventions, I think it was the 2011 or 2012 con but I don't remember. It came up when the GIJoe club was asked why they weren't making classic o-ring style GIJoe figure sets anymore. There was some kind of dispute between the Chinese government and one of the companies Hasbro did business with and was storing a majority of their tooling. The company was nationalized and the government refused to return the tooling to Hasbro.

Supposedly that is why Hasbro suddenly stopped making reissues of 1980's and 1990's "o-ring" style GIJoe figures and vehicles. Although Hasbro did say most of the old GIJoe tooling was worn out and unusable. Hasbro said they had them destroyed rather then attempt repairs to the tooling or continue to pay storage fees. From what I remember, they said Hasbro also lost a majority of the old 1980's Transformers and a very large chunk of their Star Wars tooling. It would explain why there is so many factory quality Hasbro bootlegs on ebay from chinese sellers.

Reaction score
Kinda sad, makes you wonder what stuff they still have access to as far as old molds. Some people have made some pretty nice kitbash figures that seemed so obvious. They were so simple it made me question why hasbro never did them.

Reaction score
Contracts don't work when a communist government nationalizes a company and claims everything as their own. Which happened to Hasbro, it was mentioned at one of the GIJoe conventions, I think it was the 2011 or 2012 con but I don't remember. It came up when the GIJoe club was asked why they weren't making classic o-ring style GIJoe figure sets anymore. There was some kind of dispute between the Chinese government and one of the companies Hasbro did business with and was storing a majority of their tooling. The company was nationalized and the government refused to return the tooling to Hasbro.

Supposedly that is why Hasbro suddenly stopped making reissues of 1980's and 1990's "o-ring" style GIJoe figures and vehicles. Although Hasbro did say most of the old GIJoe tooling was worn out and unusable. Hasbro said they had them destroyed rather then attempt repairs to the tooling or continue to pay storage fees. From what I remember, they said Hasbro also lost a majority of the old 1980's Transformers and a very large chunk of their Star Wars tooling. It would explain why there is so many factory quality Hasbro bootlegs on ebay from chinese sellers.
See it the Chinese factories were smart they would watch collector boards and make what we say we want....with they be cheep and all get out sure but lol we might get some vehicles we want

Reaction score
lol at looking for real science explanations out of Star Wars, the Star Wars physics & tech runs mostly concordant with fantasy.
As it should. It's part of the charm of the franchise and it has been since the beginning. To start complain about physics now, you should know If it allows for a great visual they'll work it.

WOW I can see this happening, especially if there is still of glut of FA X-wings on clearance side by side with the updated more expensive one, someone buying both, swamping the content, and returning the more expensive one. :wtf:
I can see where ur coming from...star wars "physics" is more about what feels or looks right, based on a layman's knowledge of speed and flying, both first hand and from camera footage. Dogfights are based on WWII combat in the OT, which of course all occurs within an atmosphere. Nothing most people in here don't already know like the back of their own hand.

Reaction score

Communist Chinese theft of Western copyrights has been going on for years. It has just in the last handful of years became a topic spoken of in Western capitals.