Poe's Boosted X-Wing & Poe Dameron (TRU)

Reaction score
Whats the deal with this set? Is this a new and unique figure? Is the X-wing updated? Or is this just the same stuff in new packaging?

Reaction score
Whats the deal with this set? Is this a new and unique figure? Is the X-wing updated? Or is this just the same stuff in new packaging?
X-wing is updated with a booster on the back and has force link sounds. Everything else should be the same.

Reaction score
LOL, even as a young kid watching ANH, I've always wondered how come those snub fighters never ran out of fuel fighting in space for that long. :D

I also happen to hold a Masters in Aerospace Engineering, so imagine a bunch of my former NASA colleagues and I sitting in a theater watching a SW or Trek movie and turning our brains off from all those years sitting in a classroom and acquiescing to George's and Gene's physics. :p
Well, considering that they have had advanced technology for many thousands of years. It's not hard to say they've probably been ahead of our tech by 100,000 years? So i wouldn't feel too bad about it.

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]
I stole the text from the online magazine article. Sounds like a Skyhopper engine. Kinda looks like one too.

[/FONT]
[h=1]The Last JediExclusive: PoeDameron's Improved X-Wing Revealed[/h][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

How do you make the coolest X-Wing starfighter even more ******? You slap a bloody great thruster on the back and make it the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy, that's how. Taken directly from the pages of the October issue of Empire (on sale this Thursday), this exclusive image from Star Wars: The Last Jedi* shows Poe Dameron's X-Wing, codenamed Black One, specially retrofitted with additional thrust to help evade incoming fire.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The X-Wing (an Incom-FreiTek T-70, to be precise) has, according to Rian Johnson, been specially modified by Resistance engineers, with a temporary accelerator pod affixed to the aft section. According to [/FONT]The Last Jedi[FONT=&quot] director, the pod, when primed, increases Dameron's speed, allowing him to outrun First Order cannon emplacements. It's just a temporary boost and will burn out quickly but it's enough to get beyond the barrage of turbo laser fire from First Order Star Destroyers such as the one depicted in the image.[/FONT]

Reaction score
...a temporary boost and will burn out quickly but it's enough to get beyond the barrage of turbo laser fire from First Order Star Destroyers such as the one depicted in the image.
Well, going by the image, looks like Poe takes that 'boosted' X-wing solo up against the new Dreadnought Destroyer.

Well, aren't we special! :D
LOL! As far as in story and character reasons for it being there, seems legit, like something he'd do. GOING from the other images of the Dreadnaught, seems like it might have a canon that can only be taken out close range.
And scrambling to putting something together last minute, seems how the Resistance manages to survive.
As far as justifiying reselling that X-wing for that?
Yeah, not so special. :p
If you don't feel its worth it, it seems easy enough to ignore.

Reaction score
The snub fighter use and close range offense sounds pretty much similar to what Dodonna briefed the Yavin pilots on about the Death Star Assault all those decades ago. Now as far as finding a weakness, possibly from the inside or sabotage, maybe that's where our other two heroes come in. :)

Reaction score
I can well imagine a trench run scenario on the dreadnought. There is a dorsal trench.. much like The Pillar of Autumn (love that game). Finn and Rose may be on Snoke's mega destroyer.

Reaction score
I would get this if the plastic is improved. It's the only reason I didn't get it during the Force Awakens run.

Reaction score
^^ If it wasn't for the warped cannons it may have passed. That was just ridiculous! I don't hold out much hope for the body being cast in a thicker sturdier plastic, but that's not the real issue. The ship can maintain it's shape through a long hot summer. I got the replacement cannons from hasbro and it's made the whole thing a lot more acceptable. I really like it now.

Reaction score
Very curious exactly WHEN this will come out. It also is said to feature LIGHTS, with the sounds, so I'm curious if just the boost will light up blueish white, or if we'll get 4 engines (which would be a long time coming).

I still can't quite figure out how my Kylo Intercepter gets the lights to go on. The only thing with batteries is the Force Link, but as soon as your hand comes in contact with the ship, the lights of the engines come on. It's a very interesting concept, though I'd simply love for Hasbro to stop ****ing around with this Force Link **** and actually give EVERY ship out there built-in electronics. It costs dollar store amounts for this stuff, they are always SO concerned about their ridiculous profits, like give us a firkin' bone man. I also see that if your hand is further away the engines actually light up really faintly. You have to have your Force Link practically on the ship to give it the most light. I'd love to know the technology that allows this. I feel like it's coming from the human body's ability to conduct electricity and we're actually helping to conduct the power to the vehicle's lights through our hand, though I already foiled that theory by simply holding the Force Link up to the ship and still activated that lights. I guess it's more akin to cordless charging that phone companies are pioneering. Either way, it has me bewitched!

Reaction score
Very curious exactly WHEN this will come out. It also is said to feature LIGHTS, with the sounds, so I'm curious if just the boost will light up blueish white, or if we'll get 4 engines (which would be a long time coming).

I still can't quite figure out how my Kylo Intercepter gets the lights to go on. The only thing with batteries is the Force Link, but as soon as your hand comes in contact with the ship, the lights of the engines come on. It's a very interesting concept, though I'd simply love for Hasbro to stop ****ing around with this Force Link **** and actually give EVERY ship out there built-in electronics. It costs dollar store amounts for this stuff, they are always SO concerned about their ridiculous profits, like give us a firkin' bone man. I also see that if your hand is further away the engines actually light up really faintly. You have to have your Force Link practically on the ship to give it the most light. I'd love to know the technology that allows this. I feel like it's coming from the human body's ability to conduct electricity and we're actually helping to conduct the power to the vehicle's lights through our hand, though I already foiled that theory by simply holding the Force Link up to the ship and still activated that lights. I guess it's more akin to cordless charging that phone companies are pioneering. Either way, it has me bewitched!
I think you nailed it. Before I left Verizon, we were starting to sell those wireless charging pads for any smartphone that had wireless charging capability (which was few and far between). That was in early 2014. Now, that tech is pretty much standard in every top of the line smartphone and even in those that aren't. It was totally kooky at first to see a phone charge up that way. Pretty sure Hasbro is using a similar type of tech for Force Link.

Reaction score
Buyer beware. After seeing what Hasbro released with that Walmart exclusive Special Forces TIE that still had warped wings (which can't be returned to Hasbro for straight ones due to the toy being an exclusive), you may want to wait until TRU gets these in stock so you can do an in store inspection for warped cannons. If you can't return warped cannons to Hasbro to get straight ones like so many of us did for the original release of this X-Wing, you may just want to save your money.

Reaction score
^I really don't think even Hasbro would let that happen again. That whole fiasco was a little beyond the pail. They rectified it at considerable expense I would imagine, so letting that low grade plastic slip though again would be a slim chance. Refer back to this post if they do it again and I will eat humble pie.

Reaction score

If you turn on your NFC feature on your phone and put it close to the Tie Silencer, the lights turn on.

Reaction score
If you turn on your NFC feature on your phone and put it close to the Tie Silencer, the lights turn on.
No kidding, that's pretty sweet technology. I'm going to have to try that. I just hate that for the lights to get the brightest you have literally set the Force Link on top of it. I think the lights are possibly the coolest part of the ship in general.

Reaction score
I'm hoping they come out of this stronger. Toys "R" Us was my first job way back when (and where I met my Mrs.). I always try to give them as much business as possible. I don't want to see a retail era without a big box specialty toy store. Not to mention, almost every other store that sold the Wars has closed in my immediate area since the Prequel days (Ames, KB Toys, K-Mart). Without the TRU in my town, it's just Wal*Mart. There's a Target maybe 40 minutes out (and another Wal*Mart), but man...

Reaction score
^I really don't think even Hasbro would let that happen again. That whole fiasco was a little beyond the pail. They rectified it at considerable expense I would imagine, so letting that low grade plastic slip though again would be a slim chance. Refer back to this post if they do it again and I will eat humble pie.

well the Walmart FO TIE Fighter I bought is all warped in the solar panels so I wouldn't put it past Hasbro to use the exact same plastic for the X-wing cannons and the rubber nise cone for the front.. the addition add ons like the booster engine and Force link tech would raise the price even more if they improved upon the original plastic from the TFA X-Wing.

Reaction score
well the Walmart FO TIE Fighter I bought is all warped in the solar panels so I wouldn't put it past Hasbro to use the exact same plastic for the X-wing cannons and the rubber nise cone for the front.. the addition add ons like the booster engine and Force link tech would raise the price even more if they improved upon the original plastic from the TFA X-Wing.
Honestly, I think it would be as good as the Walmart resistance X-Wing. It'll have the rubber nose cone, but at least the cannons I think will be straight.

Reaction score
I'm surprised no one has made a 3d printed option at shape ways to fix the nose. I've seen corrected potf2 mold X-wing cannons....

Reaction score
this may be showing up soon. tru.com claims shipping on 10/27 but I noticed tonight that it's now available for store p/u at a tru in my area, not the closest store, it's a bit too far w/ my work schedule. For those interested, check the web page and check your local area for store p/u. Grant it, that may not be 100% accurate

Reaction score
I got an email yesterday morning that my preorder had been cancelled. There was no explanation of why, but the wording implied it was on their end, not a typo on mine or anything. Maybe a finite % went to web fulfillment and others are definitely headed to stores?

Frankly I'm encouraged by the above report that they'll hit b&m soon, or even have already. I was worried the whole thing had been cancelled.

Reaction score
Saw this in store today. Sadly, the pack in Poe is just a rehash of the one that came with the TFA version as opposed to the new single pack TLJ Poe.

Reaction score
Saw this in store today. Sadly, the pack in Poe is just a rehash of the one that came with the TFA version as opposed to the new single pack TLJ Poe.
Yeah, this is majorly lame for $49 freaking dollars. That's the same prices as the Kylo TIE and that one has light up engines! Where the heck are the features on this one? The engines should at the VERY least, light up. It's got a firing missile and some chipped sounds......wow. I'm supposed to be impressed Hasbro!? That thing is worth no more than $25 maximum.