Poe's Blue X-Wing Fighter with Poe Dameron

Reaction score
I picked one of these up for $13 today. At that price I'm happy. If I had paid $50 I'd be a little PO'd, it's fun for what I paid, but full retail should have been around $29.99 for what it is.

Mine had had a couple big globs of silver paint in the middle of the canopy. :-/

Reaction score
Yeah, I find one at WM back in August for $15 and figured that was a decent price. Anything over $30 for this at launch was way too much, imo.

But, like I've said before, Hasbro says this line is for kids, so I don't feel bad waiting for clearance.;)

Reaction score
Yeah, I find one at WM back in August for $15 and figured that was a decent price. Anything over $30 for this at launch was way too much, imo.

But, like I've said before, Hasbro says this line is for kids, so I don't feel bad waiting for clearance.;)
I have to ask, if they are for kids as Hasbro claims, why the inflated prices? No lights, sounds, or electronics of any kind, no removable droid, no landing gear or storage hatch, the only features are spring loaded wings and a missile and at a shrunken size... 50.00 bucks. If they are for kids, why the high price? What about this x-wing justifies that price, other than profit?

Reaction score
In its defense I'll say the wing action works very smooth. And it does have a front land gear, FWIW. But man, I cannot get past that squishy rubber nose cone that just barely stays in place and how I had to cram, wedge and finagle to get Poe to sit in the cockpit and have the cockpit close.

Reaction score
QUOTE=DarthPete;19862125]In its defense I'll say the wing action works very smooth. And it does have a front land gear, FWIW. But man, I cannot get past that squishy rubber nose cone that just barely stays in place and how I had to cram, wedge and finagle to get Poe to sit in the cockpit and have the cockpit close.[/QUOTE]
I get that, but their isn't really anything on the bigger x-wing that a toy aged kid can't handle. Removing all those things made it much more toyish. That's all fine and good, but the entire point of taking out these details and features is to make it cheaper to produce. Less parts, less plastic used etc. More for kids who may not care about things like a more detailed cockpit or langing gear. All this is fine, but then to charge almost the same price for the two what does that say? Kids are dumb and won't know what they are missing? Movie hype will carry sales so we don't really need to give the same value for the money? None of this is a good sign...

Reaction score
This vehicle was terrible, but I think Hasbro learned a thing or two and did much better with the U-Wing.
Haven't seen the U-wing out of the box in person yet, but the lack of a troop transport feature is a bit of a let down. At least there hasn't been any reports of warped wings or bent cannons.

Reaction score
In its defense I'll say the wing action works very smooth. And it does have a front land gear, FWIW. But man, I cannot get past that squishy rubber nose cone that just barely stays in place and how I had to cram, wedge and finagle to get Poe to sit in the cockpit and have the cockpit close.
I don't get how so many people have such a hard time getting Poe into the cockpit for.

Sure he is a bit of a tight fit but if you just make sure you squeeze his arms in while putting Poe in the cockpit he goes in quite fine.

I can pretty much get Poe into the cockpit in under 10 seconds pretty much every time.

Reaction score
Just picked one up at a Canadian Walmart for C$15 (~US$11.50). Had one before, and sold it. However, I think the color goes well with the U-Wing I have so I bought it.

JVM

Reaction score
Picked one of these up for $15 today at Walmart. While this was a total rip-off for the $50 price tag it was originally assigned, it's atotal steal and good for the price.

Reaction score
I really wish any of the 3 Walmarts near me had this still, I would totally get one for $15, but mine all had only a few left when the clearance started and they never went down from the $50 before they disappeared.

Reaction score
So, I found that the reason the pilot is so hard to put in is due to lack of articulation. I put a BS Dutch in my XWing and I think he fits perfectly in there.

Reaction score
The vehicles they're releasing now sadden me. Cheaping out on the construction and materials is fine I suppose. Not when they're gonna charge the same price as an older, better made vehicle though! I got one of these for $20 Cdn and am pretty happy with it after opening it up. For $60 I would have been livid though.

Now the question is whether to get another one or two. I'm thinking I could pop off BB-8's head and affix a build-a-droid dome on there. No one would know.

Reaction score
I picked-up several that I put on layaway for $13 each in October, I was hoping they'd drop in the store's system to $5 by this time, they didn't, but I'm still happy at $13. I can't wait to hang these up in formation attacking Star Killer Base.

Reaction score
And here I thought I got a good deal when I bought one for $25 US. Good for those of you who are getting it for even less! I think it is a good value for what I paid, so you got a steal. The value at the original price though - yeesh.

Reaction score
Wow, still $40? I got mine in Canada for the equivalent of around $12US. That's the only reason I got it. Putting a super articulated pilot in there makes it look really good and it's a shame it only came with 5POA figure.

Reaction score
I posted some pics on the previous page of my XWING with Dutch Vander in it and he looks really got. Can even look straight ahead instead of up at the sky.

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm in Canada as well. I got the one for $20 at a Stoney Creek, ON WM. The ones I found yesterday were in Markham. I'd have bought one or both if they were $20 or less. I do quite like it for that price.

Reaction score
Nice job. Did you use the water-based acrylics for the wash? I'm getting ready to give it a test shot on a $20 U-Wing.

J...

I weathered my x-wing this week to make it look better even though it still under scale.

Reaction score
Yup... I used some washes and panel liner paints that I had gotten for my Bandai Models.
I also did my U-Wing. I put some pictures of it up on here too

Reaction score
That looks great! As I said, I do quite like it but the rrp scared me away initially. The size I can live with as long as it stays with others of its kind. Mu main frustration with it is that they all have BB-8 in them when we haven't seen another BB unit at all.

Reaction score
i actully wanted this one to hand off to dorovio bold sine there arent any blue original trilogy x wings (that i know of) available but hasbro sent me the black x wing as a gift for service issue they couldnt resolve.
im really liking the black on e though because i feel its poe's signature ride. id have to rewatch tfa but i thnk maybe this is the xwing he tried to leave in when he was captured at the beginning hence the normal clothes/finn jacket instead of the flight suit.

Reaction score
Yeah, this one is what he was in at the beginning of the movie. That's why the figure comes with the jacket and helmet instead of being in a flight suit.

Reaction score
did a quick "black wash" on mine as well as scuffed up the blue markings to give it more of a "weathered" look.

now I just need to make a better SA Jakku Poe Dameron figure for the ship as well as a mini Jakku diorama

Reaction score
Has anyone had a problem with the locking mechanism that holds the wings into attack position becoming loose? Mine suddenly began not being able to hold a completely open attack position. Curious if anyone has an idea of how to fix this.

Reaction score
How do you guys straighten these things out? Just heat with a blow dryer?
Another safe method would be to boil some water, put in a bowl or something, and dip it until it gets soft enough to straighten. Then hold it straight and run it under some cool tap water to lock in the shape.

Reaction score
looks great DarkArtist! IMO this spacecraft is an underrated treasure, and your weathering really highlights that for me. I hope someday I get to see a custom that mixes in some lighter blue along with the dark, as a kind of "wingman" option to go alongside this one : )

(hint hint hint)