Poe Dameron - Walmart

Reaction score
The ugly cross-hatching on the torso of this figure (and the other 5 POA pilots, plus the similar texture of the clothing on Kylo Ren, for example) is horrible. Imagine how ridiculous these clothes would look correctly scaled up to full size. Not only that, but the fact that this is supposedly a jumpsuit, yet has it absent from the limbs, smacks of a lack of attention to detail or care. I guess the 'easy' way of computer sculpting will see this become more of a thing. To me, it just says cheap and nasty.

Reaction score
Cost cutting for sure as it does expedite the process but it comes with a cost to detail. Hasbro has lost it's attention to fine detail awhile ago in a lot of aspects, I used to appreciate how crazy they were before but I wish they would go back to that. Maybe it was the old team, not sure. I am not crazy about just using the digital sculpting, do not get me wrong, it's great to do the bulk of the sculpt using the method but they need to go over it with a real sculptor to bring it home. Hopefully it will improve over time.

Reaction score
I would've preferred to see Poe in his outfit similar to Finn's first, but we all know Hasbro has a hard on for pilots and will no doubt be milking the sculpt for every drop. I'll still pick this version up though.

Reaction score
I love this figure. It's my favorite of the Walmart figures so far. The head sculpt is so good, when you put the helmet on, from the side it actually captures the shapes Oscar Issac's head and chin have when wearing helmet. Also much much much better attention to detail and paint apps. I love it. 5'oclock shadow and proper paint apps on the dark helmet are so well done.

Reaction score
The ugly cross-hatching on the torso of this figure (and the other 5 POA pilots, plus the similar texture of the clothing on Kylo Ren, for example) is horrible. Imagine how ridiculous these clothes would look correctly scaled up to full size. Not only that, but the fact that this is supposedly a jumpsuit, yet has it absent from the limbs, smacks of a lack of attention to detail or care. I guess the 'easy' way of computer sculpting will see this become more of a thing. To me, it just says cheap and nasty.

just an fyi, that pattern only appears on the lower "stomach" part of the torso on this figure, oddly enough. Overall though...I can't stress enough what a little piece of art work this figure is. I didn't know how truly amazing this figures is until I had it in my hand. Absolutely superb figure.

Reaction score
Correction, it's also on the crotch area and faintly on the upper thighs (?). It's strange but it does not impact how impressed I am with this figure. If you pick up one figure from this series, pick this guy up. Great plastic used for the flesh...I haven't seen this quality in years. It makes the basic line version look like a happy meal toy.

Reaction score
Correction, it's also on the crotch area and faintly on the upper thighs (?). It's strange but it does not impact how impressed I am with this figure. If you pick up one figure from this series, pick this guy up. Great plastic used for the flesh...I haven't seen this quality in years. It makes the basic line version look like a happy meal toy.
The 6" version has that pattern all over the suit. Maybe it's a result from scaling down the torso and crotch area but they did the legs differently?

Just noticed the 5POA version has the pattern as well... Something new Hasbro is trying I guess...

Reaction score
That's all the 5 POA figures feel like to me... happy meal toys. Especially the Rebels figures. Sure, they do look accurate enough, but they're so stiff and thin looking, with a lack of articulation - feels weak and not worth the price tag.

Reaction score
I picked up the 6" Poe for a friend the other day and couldn't get over how much better this 3 3/4" version looks compared to it. Part of it is the awful paint on the face of the 6" version, but this figure really blows its larger version out of the water.

Reaction score
I picked up the 6" Poe for a friend the other day and couldn't get over how much better this 3 3/4" version looks compared to it. Part of it is the awful paint on the face of the 6" version, but this figure really blows its larger version out of the water.

That's cause the 3 3/4" version is part of an exclusive line that we pay premium on. Of course the quality is going to be better than the 6" one which is a mass retail release. ;)

Reaction score
Cool, good to know. Where are ya from tater? ..Looking to get an idea hwo close this wave is to my area.

Reaction score
Whoever first posted it is right - the paint apps on Poe's face are really iffy from one figure to the next. The one I picked up is slightly cross-eyed and still easily the best out of the four I found.
I noticed this last night and took my time picking over figures to get one that didn't have wonky eyes or funny eyebrows. Also, Poe's legs were rotated backwards, and I couldn't figure out what was wrong with his knees. Spun the hips around and he looks better (cargo pockets go on the sides, I get it). It's a pretty good figure, but I can't say it's the best Hasbro has done. The hips are odd, and without the Marvel type upper thigh slice they aren't fully poseable. Poe's shoulders are unusual, too; the socket is very deep so mine can't lower his arms fully (the vest hinders it). The face is a much better likeness than the X-wing figure (or maybe it's just the non-zombie color), and his beard stubble is subtle enough that he doesn't look like a vagrant (the Target 2-pack Poe is the worst at this, I think).

Reaction score
I'm definitely getting this guy now that I've seen the movie! One of my favorite characters from the film, and I think this outfit and quality figure will be the best version of Poe to display.

Reaction score
I picked up Poe yesterday at Walmart. I skipped on the 5POA version because I thought it looked cheap and I'm glad I did. This is a really nice figure. It's got a pretty good likeness to Oscar Isaac and his helmet fits nicely. I don't like paying 12.63 for a figure but I think it's worth it when that version of a character is head and shoulders better than any of the others.

Reaction score
Just saw the movie. I felt he was so underused! Can't wait to grab this figure. Also pumped to see so many new exciting pilots in the new movie! It looks like we have two new Wedge type characters this time, Snap Wexley and the Asian chick.

Reaction score
Just saw the movie. I felt he was so underused! Can't wait to grab this figure. Also pumped to see so many new exciting pilots in the new movie! It looks like we have two new Wedge type characters this time, Snap Wexley and the Asian chick.
Asian chick better get made, even 5POA is fine if helmet can be removed.

Reaction score
I read an article yesterday in were Oscar Isaac (Poe) recalls his conversation with JJ about the part and that he would die. Being hesitant about it he still got back to JJ saying he would do it and JJ replied cool but that he would be a significant part of the movie and not die. Pretty cool to final hear some of the things that could not be mentioned before.

Reaction score
Saw a few of him, all had Vulcan eyebrows. What gives?? Not interested in this guy at all. I've always been fine with minimal articulated pilots. Well, except Legacy Luke Snowspeeder. He's great.

Reaction score
he's definitely worth picking up. he fits beautifully in the TFA X-Wing even with his blaster holstered. he is perhaps one of my favorite figures so far from TFA

Reaction score
I would rather we got the version from the beginning of the movie. I kind of already have a 5POA version that just sits in my son's X-Wing.

Reaction score
I think he was underutilized as well. He has a great scene in the beginning with Kylo Ren and I hoped he was going to be a larger part of the film.

Reaction score
he's definitely worth picking up. he fits beautifully in the TFA X-Wing even with his blaster holstered. he is perhaps one of my favorite figures so far from TFA
He fits! Sweet, I will definitely pick up the fig when I see it.

Reaction score
So what would it take to customize a SA Poe in his other outfit? I was thinking about it earlier today--maybe a Han torso and hands with Finn's jacket and arms, but which figure would have the right legs?

Reaction score
So what would it take to customize a SA Poe in his other outfit? I was thinking about it earlier today--maybe a Han torso and hands with Finn's jacket and arms, but which figure would have the right legs?
Chop up an Armor up Poe? Arms from SA Finn modified to fit the Armor up Poe Torso. New hands obviously. Lop the legs off at the knees, dremel and drill some new sockets. No clue as to the knee and boots though. But at least this way you know the Torso would be dead on assuming you can get the arms to work in it.

Reaction score
Chop up an Armor up Poe? Arms from SA Finn modified to fit the Armor up Poe Torso. New hands obviously. Lop the legs off at the knees, dremel and drill some new sockets. No clue as to the knee and boots though. But at least this way you know the Torso would be dead on assuming you can get the arms to work in it.
That's exactly what I plan on doing, whenever wave 3 decides to grace my area. I'll forgo the waist articulation on him.