Poe Dameron’s X-wing Fighter (TROS)

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, are you waiting for deep discounts because you're not a ST fan, or do you only buy the vehicles on discount?

This isn't meant to single you out, it's just that I've just seen similar comments from other collectors and I wanted to tease out a bit more context to the decision, since I've also seen you express interest in other large vehicles.

@misterskeezler on Instagram
I'll fully admit that I'm certainly not an ST fan, though I do have a few of the key figures. I'm mainly an OT collector, but Poe's new X-Wing has great coloration and detail. And I don't ONLY buy vehicles on discount. I bought the BMF at full price. Ditto for the BAT-AT. I bought the Skiff at full price. I bought the Snowspeeder at full price. I backed the Barge! I bought the Cloud Car at full price. I bought the Landspeeder at full price. These were all had in the heyday of TVC. Just remember - the Legacy BMF made in 2008 and retailed for $159 at the start and came down a bit. It's 10 years later and they are trying to charge $100 for literally a quarter of that ship WITHOUT ELECTRONICS. NO thank you. Hasbro's pricing is all over the place - when it's good it's fair (the Skiff) and when it's bad, it's outrageous like this X-Wing.

For the record, let's remember Luke's X-Wing is also out now for $100. I don't have one to date, at least not of that Trench Run update and I would absolutely love it. But I'm not paying $100 for a freaking repacked ship that should at maximum cost me $50. So now Hasbro has forced me to become a clearance vehicle buyer. I didn't even buy the SOLO TIE for full price, nor his Han's Speeder. They wanted $30 for that speeder, which is far too much even with the junky 5POA figure included. Got the TIE for $10. They wanted $40 to start for that. A little more reasonable considering its size and features, but $25-30 is more acceptable.

I'm glad you've seen my interest personally in other big vehicles, because they are the joy of the line to me. Why buy all these amazing figures if they have nowhere to go? I just have a breaking point when it comes to spending hard-earned money and I think many modern companies like Hasbro are completely hosing collectors these days with really unreasonable prices.

Reaction score
In regards to Luke's X-Wing, I know they kept updating it from release to release, but at one point there were two releases that were identical except for extras and paint job. I believe the two Dagobah releases. If I remember correctly the second release of that X-Wing actually came in at a cheaper price.

The current release of Luke's X-Wing is identical to the previous two releases of the X-Wing (Trench Run and Bigg's) which means it SHOULD retail for less than before. $50 feels fair considering Bigg's was $60. Now, if they didn't discount Luke's to $50 and kept it at $60 (remember that re-release is mostly profit now) then I'd think the non-discounted price would help pay for the tooling for this X-Wing and keep the cost reasonable.

Either way, both are grossly overpriced.

Reaction score
This is the problem I have with my X-Wing. I think I'll have to go through the hassle of ordering another one, and swapping the parts.

bac

Reaction score
This is the problem I have with my X-Wing. I think I'll have to go through the hassle of ordering another one, and swapping the parts.
I had the same problem. Since I ordered from Amazon it was easy to return to Kohl's, order another and end up with the correctly oriented cannon.

Grahame

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Warnings have been handed out for the behavior in this thread last month - thank you to those trying to keep it on topic, and if it happens again it won't just be warnings. You wanna discuss collecting, stick around. You want to use this (or any other collecting thread) as your soapbox for what you feel is wrong with the Saga? Try me.

Reaction score
One of mine was like that. I contacted Hasbro and they gave me a pre-paid label to ship the entire vehicle to them so they can send me a new one.

Reaction score
I mean its got full landing gear with bay doors, articulated feet, removable ladder, and storage,removable panels, tons of paint apps, and a detailed cockpit. The regular Xwing just has gears, a accessory storage and floppy wings. The TVC Poe's X-wing is miles ahead of any X-wing release thus far.
I think It was worth the money.

Reaction score
One of mine was like that. I contacted Hasbro and they gave me a pre-paid label to ship the entire vehicle to them so they can send me a new one.
Friend did that too and after he sent it, he got a note that they don't have anymore and will replace it with something of equal or greater value. So, you really have to be careful if you send something back to Hasbro.

Reaction score
This thread was a sad read. But staying on topic;

I love the fighter. Im sad so many people had the twisted gun; luckily I was fine, but I can see it being a real let down. Can it be heated and twisted to straighten it? That may help.

Reaction score
This thread was a sad read. But staying on topic;

I love the fighter. Im sad so many people had the twisted gun; luckily I was fine, but I can see it being a real let down. Can it be heated and twisted to straighten it? That may help.

It looks like the guns are assembled in two pieces. I haven't tried to heat it in water yet, but just trying to twist it doesn't work.

Reaction score
The more pics of this I see, the more I want one. It is so nice. I'm thinking of getting one for myself for Christmas, giving it to my wife, and saying "it's from you."

Reaction score
I posted about this toward the beginning. There is no guarantee you will get a good set of guns in the new box. You can easily fix the one you have. The guns consist of two pieces which are held together with a dab of glue. Use two pairs of pliers to grip each part and slowly turn until it snaps. The base part where the gun barrel meats the wing mount will move freely. Straighten the gun then apply a small dab of super glue onto the part where the barrel meets the mount and then bring the collar back over it. Hold in place for a minute and it’s good to go. Fixed mine no problem. It’s very easy. Don’t waste time sending it back only to receive the same problem in a different box. I take no responsibility for broken guns. As always, apply at your own risk but it’s really easy.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm so tempted to get this X-Wing. Its $90 on Amazon.ca, down from $140, so it's a pretty good price. I do see stacks of these at Toys R Us, so I'm wondering if they'll eventually hit clearance for a better price. All of the photos look amazing though, so I don't know if I want to risk missing out on this great ship.

Reaction score
I'm so tempted to get this X-Wing. Its $90 on Amazon.ca, down from $140, so it's a pretty good price. I do see stacks of these at Toys R Us, so I'm wondering if they'll eventually hit clearance for a better price. All of the photos look amazing though, so I don't know if I want to risk missing out on this great ship.
I'm in the same boat. I bought the Luke one though when it was down to $111 at TRU. If I didn't get the Luke one though, I'd have jumped on this at $90.

Reaction score
Reaction score
True to my word, I bought it when it came down to this acceptable price. I still think $60 is high, but considering it's all brand new tooling and the price it SHOULD have been introduced at, I bit. Got the armor pack Sith Trooper too for $11

Last edited:
Reaction score
So I contacted,Hasbro about my faulty cannons and they had me ship the cannons to them for replacement. I got an email about a week after they received them that they didn’t have any replacement parts and they would see if they got them in a few weeks or send me an equivalent value product. This week a whole new Poe X-wing showed up. So now I have 1 complete and one without cannons

Reaction score
So I contacted,Hasbro about my faulty cannons and they had me ship the cannons to them for replacement. I got an email about a week after they received them that they didn’t have any replacement parts and they would see if they got them in a few weeks or send me an equivalent value product. This week a whole new Poe X-wing showed up. So now I have 1 complete and one without cannons
That is wild they sent you a whole new X-Wing. You'd think there would be a way they could contact their Asian factories and simply produce more of that specific part.

Reaction score
I'm still stuck on the initial asking price. And I'm still bitter about paying MSRP for the most recent version of everybody's "Bad Knees" Scout Walker, that faded high-school football star that lives next to us and still wears his old varsity jacket.

Reaction score
That General Lee-X-Wing is cool as heck! Even though the X-Wing is the far more iconic ship, a General-ARC170-Lee might work even better cause you can get both the boys piloting, plus a Daisy Duke looking Twi’Lek(wearing daisy dukes!) sitting in the back 3rd seat doing her thing, and you‘d still have a spot for (Disney droid factory style)Uncle Jesse-Astromech with a thick white beard, painted to looI like he‘s got overalls on, wearing an Uncle Jesse style hat too!
And imagine how cool the helmets would look on the Duke boys painted with the flag design. Heck, even the knee pads and shoulder-symbol-areas were so thick & stood out so far on ARC170 pilots that they too could be used for custom painted areas.
Man, someone’s gotta get to work on one of these asap! (I wish I had the customizing ability).

Reaction score
Would be nice to see the set up with 3PO wearing the bandolier and holding the bowcaster.
If you have the TCW Chewbacca, that bandolier is removable, as is the one from TLJ. The former may look a little more "animated," but I believe it would drape fairly appropriately over your beserker protocol droid.

Reaction score
That General Lee-X-Wing is cool as heck! Even though the X-Wing is the far more iconic ship, a General-ARC170-Lee might work even better cause you can get both the boys piloting, plus a Daisy Duke looking Twi’Lek(wearing daisy dukes!) sitting in the back 3rd seat doing her thing, and you‘d still have a spot for (Disney droid factory style)Uncle Jesse-Astromech with a thick white beard, painted to looI like he‘s got overalls on, wearing an Uncle Jesse style hat too!
And imagine how cool the helmets would look on the Duke boys painted with the flag design. Heck, even the knee pads and shoulder-symbol-areas were so thick & stood out so far on ARC170 pilots that they too could be used for custom painted areas.
Man, someone’s gotta get to work on one of these asap! (I wish I had the customizing ability).
I am envisioning Roscoe P. Coltrane in a TIE Fighter trying to jump a sarlacc pit.

Reaction score
That is wild they sent you a whole new X-Wing. You'd think there would be a way they could contact their Asian factories and simply produce more of that specific part.
Yeah but their way is easier and faster and doesn't risk sending the new part only to have it break trying to swap it out for the bad part.

Reaction score
I got this yesterday from Amazon. I have to say it is as amazing as everyone had said it is. I futzed with it for an hour last night. The only flaw on mine is that the canopy doesn't close all the way, which strangely was a flaw on the normal version as well. I tried a couple different droids in the droid socket. TFA BB-8 fits, but it's tight. A random Disney BAD droid fits just fine. The Disney BAD BB droids do not fit. Disney Chopper fits but he's too short, as is Resistance Bucket. Sadly they haven't released a BB-8 for TROS, so if you werent in on the one from TLJ or TFA, you don't have a co-pilot. One should've been included.

Reaction score
I agree that BB-8 should have been included with this X-Wing. I get that they've set a precedent by not including R2 with the recent X-Wings, but BB-8 is so small. And he isn't currently available anywhere else.

Reaction score
I agree that BB-8 should have been included with this X-Wing. I get that they've set a precedent by not including R2 with the recent X-Wings, but BB-8 is so small. And he isn't currently available anywhere else.
They should have done a TVC release with BB-8 and D-0, and maybe with some accessories. My guess is they did pilot Poe, and pilot Luke, even R2 recently because of the the starfighter releases. I kept passing on the most recent release which I think was that 3-pack with Rose in 1st Order Officer disguise. I did manage to get it kind of recently at Burlington Coat Factory about a month ago. I think it was $4 or $5. I think the only currently released option is that all gold set from Walmart.

Reaction score
I'm hoping that TVC actually gets to BB-9 as a droid or at least includes him with Poe. He simply should have been a pack-in for the already REPACKED Poe, as if he was some kind of a "value". Throw BB-8 in there and maybe more of us would have bought him outright with the new head paint apps.

Reaction score
I *really* hope Hasbro releases this with the standard Resistance blue instead of that awful orange. I love the design of the new X-Wing's and the sculpt looks perfect, I just can't stand the color scheme and I'm not up for painting it myself.

Reaction score
I *really* hope Hasbro releases this with the standard Resistance blue instead of that awful orange. I love the design of the new X-Wing's and the sculpt looks perfect, I just can't stand the color scheme and I'm not up for painting it myself.
We don't even know if the Blue will appear in Rise of Skywalker. Now, if they went retroactive to The Force Awakens, the Blue would be really nice.

Reaction score
Now Hasbro have a mold, i doubt they will pass on a couple easy repaints. Blue and black versions are just a matter of time i think. possibly as retailers/etailers exclusives.