Poe Dameron’s X-wing Fighter (TROS)

Reaction score
Where are the comparison photos or videos? I know it's pretty early, but I need to see Poe's X-Wing compared to the new Luke one and then compared to the older versions.... like ALL X-wings. The Poe one looks great, but I want to see a size comparison before I spend money on it. I don't really want the Orange version, (rather have the Black one), but I guess we can assume that the Black version in this mold can't be too far out can we? They WILL reuse this mold... it's just a matter of time.

Reaction score
For $100 these (I'm counting this and Luke's) should come with at least a pilot and droid figure. I guess hasbro didn't learn their pricing lesson with TVC Tie fighter, and it was cheaper AND came with a figure!

Reaction score
Hasbro called back and said they could only replace the ship. And Pulse could not cancel the order. Hasbro is 0-2 for the day. I’ll never order from Pulse again. Terrible customer service.

Reaction score
Where are the comparison photos or videos? I know it's pretty early, but I need to see Poe's X-Wing compared to the new Luke one and then compared to the older versions.... like ALL X-wings. The Poe one looks great, but I want to see a size comparison before I spend money on it. I don't really want the Orange version, (rather have the Black one), but I guess we can assume that the Black version in this mold can't be too far out can we? They WILL reuse this mold... it's just a matter of time.
https://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1142465&page=2&p=20214091&viewfull=1#post20214091

Reaction score

Here is a link to pics in the yakface.com forum:

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]http://www.yakfaceforums.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=129&t=8721&p=170782#p170782[/FONT]

Reaction score
Hasbro called back and said they could only replace the ship. And Pulse could not cancel the order. Hasbro is 0-2 for the day. I’ll never order from Pulse again. Terrible customer service.
Are you dealing with Hasbro and Pulse separately on 2 different items? If you receive the one from Pulse and it is seriously defective like has been posted by others just take some pics and e-mail the Pulse customer service about it. I had a bad quality issue with a $70 Marvel Legends set, and they just flat out sent me a new one. Didn't even ask for the old one back.

Reaction score
Mine's the way : D

The only downside is that repaints are inevitable and I'll have to get those as well.
I'm counting on repaints for this. Now we have a worthy mold for this x-wing, I'll take all versions they throw at us as well.

Reaction score
I'm counting on repaints for this. Now we have a worthy mold for this x-wing, I'll take all versions they throw at us as well.
Yep. And if they add TLJ booster it softens the blow of buying a repaint.

Reaction score
Are you dealing with Hasbro and Pulse separately on 2 different items? If you receive the one from Pulse and it is seriously defective like has been posted by others just take some pics and e-mail the Pulse customer service about it. I had a bad quality issue with a $70 Marvel Legends set, and they just flat out sent me a new one. Didn't even ask for the old one back.
I learned my lesson after water damaged Fett cards arrived. Premium prices expensive shipping and Crap service. Doing my online business with dorkside now.

Reaction score
Here is the cure for your warped engine nacelles:

Reaction score
I don’t have warped engine nacelles. I have crappy landing gear that doesn’t stay in and massively crooked wing guns. For $100, we shouldn’t have to “fix” anything.

bac

Reaction score
Got my replacement X-Wing from Amazon. L1 cannon is correct on this one. Problem solved.

Reaction score
Annnnd this is why I'm waiting until it's like $40 in a couple months.

bac

Reaction score
Did you send your old X-Wing back for the new one?
Not yet. I ordered with Amazon because of the ease of return.

When I noticed the issue I simply initiated a return at Amazon and they freely shipped out a new one immediately that arrived today.

Now that I've confirmed the new one has the correct part, I'll drop off the old one at Kohls tonight and they'll ship it back.

Reaction score
Here's a comparison shot with Luke's X-wing from the Death Star Trench set

Reaction score
Friend of mine figured out how to fix the X wing gun problem. He bought his with L1 problem as well. It’s an easy fix. Requires two pliers and some super glue. Take the two pliers and grip on onto the main body part that attaches to the wing. Take the other pair of pliers and grip around the end of the main body just before the thin shaft. You’ll see it’s circular and looks glued. Rotate the pair holding the small circular part very gently until you hear the glue holding the circular part snap. It should freely come off the main body then. Rotate the thin gun shaft until it’s vertical. Should have a hard stop that you feel when it’s vertical. Put a small dab of super glue on the shaft between the main body part and where the shaft fits in. A bit of the dab should protrude which you slide the small circular part back into place. Hold for about a minute for the glue to set and let dry. Do not grip the parts with the pliers to hard to leave marks. I assume no responsibility for anyone messing theirs up.

And yes, I know I said shaft, etc., etc. 😁

Last edited:
Reaction score
The T-65's cannons look like they could do some damage to capital ships, the T-70's not at all.

Reaction score
I don’t have warped engine nacelles. I have crappy landing gear that doesn’t stay in and massively crooked wing guns. For $100, we shouldn’t have to “fix” anything.
so far the only problem I've encountered is the front landing gear does not go all the way down causing the X-Wing to float a little. otherwise everything was perfect.

Reaction score
I’ve really lucked out with this. Both of mine arrived flawless. It sucks that so many are getting warped engines. It really is a nice ship.

Reaction score
so far the only problem I've encountered is the front landing gear does not go all the way down causing the X-Wing to float a little. otherwise everything was perfect.
For $100 it should be flawless.

Reaction score
Have you tried pushing the landing gear a little? At first I thought it didn't go down all the way on mine but I had to push it a little further and it clicks into place and also locks it in position.

Reaction score
had some fun during my lunch break today:

aside from the landing gear being a little loose on mine the X-Wing in my opinion is near perfection and leaps and bounds over the previous TFA/TLJ X-Wings. It's extremely easy to get Poe into the ship, and looks great with R2 in the droid socket. (sadly I couldn't find a BB-8 figure to see how it looks in the socket). Below are some size comparisons of the TFA Jakku X-Wing to the new VC TROS X-Wing. I'm really hoping Hasbro repaints this ship as the TFA Jakku X-Wing, Poe's Black X-Wing (complete with booster engine from TLJ) and as well as the green X-Wing from TROS- according to rumors Denis Lawson is said to be in TROS so I'm wondering if Wedge is flying the Green X-Wing)

as you can see the scale of the X-Wing is massively improved to it's TFA counterpart.

also the figures look more natural and in scale to this X-Wing instead of Giants next to the TFA X-Wing.

I also love the slight touch of weathering on the new TROS X-Wing as well as the extra features like the removable ladder, removable engine cover, easier access cockpit. All of these added features really make this X-Wing worth the price. I purchased mine for $75 off Amazon (had $24.00 dollars in credit/ points on Amazon) so the price worked for me (as the Biggs X-Wing at TRU was $69.99 when it came out originally).

I might wait till these hit clearance and buy a few more to make a custom X-Wing squad but time will tell.

Reaction score
Friend of mine figured out how to fix the X wing gun problem. He bought his with L1 problem as well. It’s an easy fix. Requires two pliers and some super glue. Take the two pliers and grip on onto the main body part that attaches to the wing. Take the other pair of pliers and grip around the end of the main body just before the thin shaft. You’ll see it’s circular and looks glued. Rotate the pair holding the small circular part very gently until you hear the glue holding the circular part snap. It should freely come off the main body then. Rotate the thin gun shaft until it’s vertical. Should have a hard stop that you feel when it’s vertical. Put a small dab of super glue on the shaft between the main body part and where the shaft fits in. A bit of the dab should protrude which you slide the small circular part back into place. Hold for about a minute for the glue to set and let dry. Do not grip the parts with the pliers to hard to leave marks. I assume no responsibility for anyone messing theirs up.

And yes, I know I said shaft, etc., etc. 
That was a remarkably easy fix, thanks! I'd just add that it's a good idea to give it a dunk for a couple minutes in boiling hot water to loosen it up a bit. But seriously, it took a grand total of 10 seconds to move it to centered.

Reaction score
Thanks for this. With mine these got warped because of how the ship is packaged. The straps hold the ship with those two parts tight against the inner cardboard packaging. There is plenty of room for the anchor points for the straps to be positioned so the ship would not be forced against anything. Not a manufacturing Q/A problem with the ship itself.

Here is the cure for your warped engine nacelles:

Reaction score
That was a remarkably easy fix, thanks! I'd just add that it's a good idea to give it a dunk for a couple minutes in boiling hot water to loosen it up a bit. But seriously, it took a grand total of 10 seconds to move it to centered.
Can you guys clarify the actual issue here? Sorry, I don't have mind in hand yet, and I don't know that I have seen a picture pointing it out. Maybe an image with some circles highlighting it?

Reaction score
Thanks gentlemen.... now a decision has to be made. I really like the new X-Wing, but my wallet tells me I should wait. $99 is just too much for any toy like this. Maybe if I can find a gift card or sale... this is probably too good for clearance.

Here's a comparison shot with Luke's X-wing from the Death Star Trench set

Reaction score
The improvement in Poe's X wing is substantial. I got that and the vintage collection poe for 93 shipped at Target, so i could justify it. Luke's is just a repaint so 100 seems excessive.

Reaction score
Thanks gentlemen.... now a decision has to be made. I really like the new X-Wing, but my wallet tells me I should wait. $99 is just too much for any toy like this. Maybe if I can find a gift card or sale... this is probably too good for clearance.

You've got to go with what you can manage, but one thing we need to remember is we all complained about the sub-par vehicles in the Star Wars line over the past several years, so now that we're getting quality vehicles again, we have to at least try to support it. If you can get a promo code or something, awesome.

I know you said you weren't waiting for clearance, but many collectors do. I get the idea of grabbing multiples of an army builder vehicle like TIE fighters or ATSTs on clearance (I certainly have), but only buying vehicles on clearance is like the snake eating its own tail.

I generally get the first at full price and any multiples at discount. Though I bought the skiffs immediately. I wasn't waiting around for those.

@misterskeezler on Instagram

Last edited:
Reaction score
You've got to go with what you can manage, but one thing we need to remember is we all complained about the sub-par vehicles in the Star Wars line over the past several years, so now that we're getting quality vehicles again, we have to at least try to support it. If you can get a promo code or something, awesome.

I know you said you weren't waiting for clearance, but many collectors do. I get the idea of grabbing multiples of an army builder vehicle like TIE fighters or ATSTs on clearance (I certainly have), but only buying vehicles on clearance is like the snake eating its own tail.

I generally get the first at full price and any multiples at discount. Though I bought the skiffs immediately. I wasn't waiting around for those.

@misterskeezler on Instagram
Bought the Barge, preordered the skiffs and Jabba's Palace set as soon as I heard about it. I have more than one X-wing... I'm with you on the purchasing when it's great, but $99 for something I have is a tough sell. The only real hesitation on the Poe one is due to the unknown. Is this even in the movie? Recent history tells me there is a chance it is not.

Reaction score
Bought the Barge, preordered the skiffs and Jabba's Palace set as soon as I heard about it. I have more than one X-wing... I'm with you on the purchasing when it's great, but $99 for something I have is a tough sell. The only real hesitation on the Poe one is due to the unknown. Is this even in the movie? Recent history tells me there is a chance it is not.
It's there front and cen...(er, on the bottom left). Even though the image is dark you can make out the orange on the back half of the fuselage.

Reaction score
Just got mine today, superb! Anyone sitting on the fence over this, don't. The detail, paint apps and features are just knocked out of the park. This is the T-70 I've been dreaming of owning since 2015 and whilst originally not too keen on the colour scheme, it's won me over and prefer it now to the black version, which I would still buy it it gets a release.

Reaction score
Any tips for loose rear landing gears? It is not like you can glue them in place because they have to rotate to move in and out of landing position.

Reaction score
25 off 100 at Target. you can add a Poe, and still get away for less than retail...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Any tips for loose rear landing gears? It is not like you can glue them in place because they have to rotate to move in and out of landing position.
I'd read about this issue, mine seem to be holding up at the moment, I will keep an eye on that.

Reaction score
I used Future floor polish on mine. I have some already for tightening ball joints on various action figures. Works like a charm. Just dab a little on peg and let it dry. Adds enough friction to keep it in place now.

Reaction score
I used Future floor polish on mine. I have some already for tightening ball joints on various action figures. Works like a charm. Just dab a little on peg and let it dry. Adds enough friction to keep it in place now.

Thanks!
10c

Reaction score
Just got mine today, superb! Anyone sitting on the fence over this, don't. The detail, paint apps and features are just knocked out of the park. This is the T-70 I've been dreaming of owning since 2015 and whilst originally not too keen on the colour scheme, it's won me over and prefer it now to the black version, which I would still buy it it gets a release.
Im not buying it.

They ruined the box art.